Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Awareness in our world today | moderated by Krishnan Srinivasan

What is not based on truth and love will wither away....

Closed_forum

Displaying posts 31 - 57 of 57 in total
Sun, 27 Sep 2009 #31
Thumb_jan09_012 Peter Stephens Australia 16 posts in this forum Offline

Right, I am with you. Maybe it's something you don't want to discuss. I don't know. But what i am looking at is "to be". I think together we are wondering what this is? It can be silent, watchful, and all that, for me, for my experience. But what is the conflict in the world? Conflict that confronts me, even in my silence. Conflict when someone asks, are you really at peace when there is conflict in the world?

Sun, 27 Sep 2009 #32
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Peter Stephens wrote:
But what is the conflict in the world? Conflict that confronts me, even in my silence. Conflict when someone asks, are you really at peace when there is conflict in the world?

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Sun, 27 Sep 2009 #33
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

I do not know what the sandgropers of Australia did when the sandstorm blew over them recently ... What did you do to prevent it Mr.Peter Stephens? may I ask you..
Just look at it--- whatever be the conflict- I am sure you hid your nose and eyes and covered yourself from the sandstorm as the Arabs do in their arid deserts...
By the way, are you born as a last child to your parents by any chance.... the way you pick up the last part of any statement and repeat a question suggest a deep sign of family relationship... am I going beyond my ethical limits in asking this, dear Stephens, tell me....
Love&regards
Krishnan

Mon, 28 Sep 2009 #34

What provokes psychology? Have you ever wondered that? What makes thought think there is a logic of self? Isn't it fear? So this is nothing personal. It is what has happened because there is fear. What I am calling natural life for me "to be" is affected by fear.

Mon, 28 Sep 2009 #35

Peter Stephens wrote:
What I am calling natural life for me "to be" is affected by fear.

Mon, 28 Sep 2009 #36

So stay with it (with your life, your fears).People in Manila float with the rains&floods just now....

This post was last updated by Krishnan Srinivasan Sat, 24 Oct 2009.

Tue, 29 Sep 2009 #37

But Sir, do you not see "to be" is affected by fear?

Tue, 29 Sep 2009 #38

Peter Stephens wrote:
do you not see "to be" is affected by fear?

Tue, 29 Sep 2009 #39

according to the ancient indian tradition, the mind is afflicted by kleshas there are five of these afflictions/kleshas. Fear of death is one of them and it is called "

*abhinivesha.
One is born with it and as long as one is in the stream of the general consciousness or MIND of Mankind, one is caught in it. The moment you step out of this stream, you are newly born-incarnated!

Ordinary humans cannot step out of it. Only Jivan-Muktas(the liberated ones) like say, sri Ramana Maharshi, Buddha, Aurobindo, JK,Nisarga Datta et al have done it...
come on catch me Stephens,sir.
By the way i have narrated an incident in India in another posting here in our awareness forum topic,where a frightened girl stepped out of her fear in a moment of awareness of the impending danger... if you care to read, you may find that even ordinary persons are capable of survival, fear plagues them or not....there is another INTELLIGENCE coming into play..... I will stop here, if I may.

Wed, 30 Sep 2009 #40

This is talking about what may or may not happen, and the affect of fear in the unfolding life. Saying it is something to step out of and be free of something, detached, is a consciousness of fear. Survival is an indifference to fear. On one hand there is a consciousness of fear, and the other indifference to fear. Both of these are habit, conditioning.

Wed, 30 Sep 2009 #41

Peter Stephens wrote:
Both of these are habit, conditioning.

Wed, 30 Sep 2009 #42

So, what?

Thu, 01 Oct 2009 #43

The brain is dead. Any withering away cannot change this. The dead brain persists, developing, constructing, surviving, in its fragmented fashion.

Thu, 01 Oct 2009 #44

Peter Stephens wrote:
The brain is dead. Any withering away cannot change this. The dead brain persists, developing, constructing, surviving, in its fragmented fashion.

Thu, 01 Oct 2009 #45

Words of evaluation, judgement,conclusions by a MASTER/GURU!
Just look at the words used: Dead brain persists,survives fragments- what a lot of rubbish-how the dead persist?
Withering away in this topic was about relationshp not of brain. You concoct something and get confused in an illogical way. JUST KEEP QUIET THE BORN GURU!

This post was last updated by Krishnan Srinivasan Sat, 24 Oct 2009.

Thu, 01 Oct 2009 #46

Don't make it what I am saying. This definetely ends as what the seeker thinks the master is saying. Follow it in the discussion that has been going on together. See what it is actually made of.

Thu, 12 Nov 2009 #47
Thumb_henry Thérèse Doyle Okamoto United States 1 post in this forum Offline

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote:
As far as I am concerned I am " TO BE SILENT."

Have you read The Chosen, about two friends, one whose parent is constantly in dialogue with his son, listening and sharing; while the other parent is silent except when discussing his studies. There is a sequel, The Promise, where the the son whose parent was silent does psychology experiments on an unhappy child. Someone called it The Iron Law: You will do unto others what has been done unto you. Clearly communication is crucial. When real silence is heard, there is much to do.

I access the internet at a cafe where many kids who arent yet legal come to socialize and they all confide in me, so much, and I feel it is because it is reassuring to them to have an adult who answers their questions honestly, reasons sensibly, listens carefully and respects their intelligence. They need to know the world makes sense for someone! They are such babys, they talk about their parents so much, it seems to me one reaches adulthood when our parents become our friends and we dont expect them to be wonderful anymore, because god knows they're only human. So I say no to silence, except when I hear it in meditation (perhaps this is what you meant) and it is there that i am have my only certainty about life, that it is a commitment to each other, we have a duty to speak and we have an obligation to listen.

Kids of this generation have something new, they retain their gradeschool friendships, and their high school friendships, and their college friendships, and these people are right in their homes on facebook and messenger and i truly believe the world will have a great deal more humanity when our society of friends is not a small social circle but a multitude of friendly voices. We no longer have to leave our childhood behind us, and I have noticed among the elderly, it isnt their adulthood that they cherish and remember, it is their earliest years. Childhood friends are like family. Most people are good, the problem is good people cannot fight evil on its own terms without becoming evil themselves, evil always wins because it is willing to do anything to win.

Health care is everyone's job, not just in treating illness but in promoting healthy living. We must take personal responsibility, engaging our minds and hands in meaningful work - all essential components of healthy, secure lifestyles and communities.

This post was last updated by Thérèse Doyle Okamoto Thu, 12 Nov 2009.

Fri, 13 Nov 2009 #48

Dear Therese, You are doing a fine job at an internet cafe...but please do not become another MOTHER THERESA..... watch out ,,, the catholics will be after you... to sanctify&glorify...

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 #49
Thumb_avatar colin holt Thailand 5 posts in this forum Offline

Truth and love need rebirth every day, reality changes every moment. Don't look for the problem, its gone.

Is the answer in the question?

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 #50

You can be in this world but not of this world. So long as there is a me, a centre to harbour conflict, fear and desire, problems remain.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 #51

'To be' is to be with 'what is.' Fear is an illusion, based on thought and time, understand 'K's' psysical and psychological fears.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 #52

Your quote, 'Ordinary humans cannot step out of this stream'. Did 'K' step out of this stream?
'K' repeatedly asks us why are we holding onto traditions. Insecurity and fear is not out there, only in us. You are the teacher.

Sat, 14 Nov 2009 #53

Here comes ENERGY.... COLIN HOLT... watching the the tiny bursts of energy.....may be something is stirring... I wait.....

Sun, 15 Nov 2009 #54

colin holt, a name, a label, part of the me. If something is stirring, why wait.......action before momentum subsides! We have everything needed to be happy. Inner conflict has no place if thought is not stirring emotions of outer conflict. Energy, like time is infinite in that immeasurable space of silence. All desires and emotions drain energy.

Sun, 15 Nov 2009 #55

colin holt wrote:
We have everything needed to be happy. Inner conflict has no place if thought is not stirring emotions of outer conflict. Energy, like time is infinite in that immeasurable space of silence. All desires and emotions drain energy.

Sun, 15 Nov 2009 #56

Just "BE HAPPY!"

Mon, 16 Nov 2009 #57
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 19 posts in this forum Offline

colin holt wrote:
If something is stirring, why wait.......

What is ours of this, what riches, what treasure? tell us, for you understand, you who know all creatures.Hidden is the farthest end of our road, where we have gone as those who fail follow a false path.

What are the limits? what are the rules? What is the goal?
We wish to go there as race horses speed towards the victory prize. When will the Dawns, goddesses and wives of immortality, spread over us their light with the colour of the sun?

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Mon, 16 Nov 2009.

Displaying posts 31 - 57 of 57 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)