Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Awareness in our world today | moderated by Krishnan Srinivasan

Thoughtful father thoughtlessly caused death to his baby.

Closed_forum

Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sat, 27 Jun 2009 #1
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Todays news from Denmark. An all absorbed thoughtful father went to workplace leaving his baby in the car.Temperature outside not more than 23degree C. On return from work he finds the baby collapsed&dead of dehydration(autopsy-result).His thoughtlessness was detected by the mother who went to collect the baby from appointed day-care-centre where the baby was never delivered that day by the father. A tragedy! We are all thoughtfullly engaged in various activities and at the sametime 4 million babies/children die every year in Africa! Thoughtful or thoughtless, we are bereft of action at the moment like this father(without any planned intention, I suppose).So thought plays havoc!Any comments....

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Sat, 27 Jun 2009 #2
Thumb_deleted_user_med Dappling Light India 31 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Srinivasan,
That is clearly an example of "thoughtlessness" which is actually another form of absorption and lack of awareness in the now.

I started a topic to discuss news items with awareness in Insights (It is called "You are the world". I am quoting you there. Please let me know if you have any objections :-)

Instead of having a separate thread for each news item, I thought we can share the news reactions in same thread. Do see it and let me know your thoughts!Also looking forward to seeing your insightful contributions there!!

There is a certain beauty associated with conditioning.

Sat, 27 Jun 2009 #3
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Dear Keshni Sahni, Thanks. I have not had "time" to go through all the forums, I am sorry .I will keep it up and follow your topic "you are the world " for such news&insights.
Thanks.Regards,
Krishnan

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Displaying all 3 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)