Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

Peter Stephens' Forum Posts

Forum: Awareness in our world today

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Thu, 01 Oct 2009

Don't make it what I am saying. This definetely ends as what the seeker thinks the master is saying. Follow it in the discussion that has been going on together. See what it is actually made of.

Topic: Krishnamuri seemed very serious about Krishnamurti' Teaching Thu, 01 Oct 2009

Myself , i wonder what we are talking about? Are we saying there needs be unity, there is a wonderful place to share, life is pure? This is basically what we do think a world teacher is saying don't we? We don't take too much notice of the details and just see the rosy future or what could be. So the teacher has to make sure we aren't leading ourselves along in our false beliefs.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Thu, 01 Oct 2009

The brain is dead. Any withering away cannot change this. The dead brain persists, developing, constructing, surviving, in its fragmented fashion.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Wed, 30 Sep 2009

This is talking about what may or may not happen, and the affect of fear in the unfolding life. Saying it is something to step out of and be free of something, detached, is a consciousness of fear. Survival is an indifference to fear. On one hand there is a consciousness of fear, and the other indifference to fear. Both of these are habit, conditioning.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Tue, 29 Sep 2009

But Sir, do you not see "to be" is affected by fear?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Mon, 28 Sep 2009

What provokes psychology? Have you ever wondered that? What makes thought think there is a logic of self? Isn't it fear? So this is nothing personal. It is what has happened because there is fear. What I am calling natural life for me "to be" is affected by fear.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Sun, 27 Sep 2009

Right, I am with you. Maybe it's something you don't want to discuss. I don't know. But what i am looking at is "to be". I think together we are wondering what this is? It can be silent, watchful, and all that, for me, for my experience. But what is the conflict in the world? Conflict that confronts me, even in my silence. Conflict when someone asks, are you really at peace when there is conflict in the world?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Sat, 26 Sep 2009

Your advice is highly doubtful. Don't think of it as personal. Are you saying there is no conditioning, no suffering?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Sat, 26 Sep 2009

Can we go a little deeper. Just be says to me I can relax, my ordinary actions will be ok, as long as I am not a criminal, not a vicious man, etc. But it is all of my actions to date which is the world as it is. Why do I think i can understand responsibility?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Tue, 22 Sep 2009

Paul Lanzon wrote: Why is this love such a rare bird? For those who know only dualistic love (which is, as you rightly suggest, just sentiment) this 'rare bird' type will sound like an impossible ideal - and that would be natural since they've never caught even a glimpse of that rare bird.

Ok but i am looking at the idea of 'withering away'. It is putting up a hope of virtuous life for the self, who can die happy thinking the eternal is all. It is this world and man in it that is dying. It is man who can be responsible now.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Mon, 21 Sep 2009

I am questioning that love is something needed for interaction, in organisations, in family, in nature. Sorry if i offend you; i think it is a sentiment. I am questioning love is something i attain and make the world a better place.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Sun, 20 Sep 2009

I am not happy with disagreement, am I? isn't that why i have such things called family, nature?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Sat, 19 Sep 2009

Sorry, i am giving my point of view as you asked. What you say is apparently not a law of Nature, but a family interaction. Did you want to be clear about that, or let it go?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Wed, 16 Sep 2009

Yes and I am asking does all actually wither away or is it a withering away in the brain?

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Tue, 15 Sep 2009

I am asking you. I am questioning what will wither away.

Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Mon, 14 Sep 2009

Is each human being a fragment or is the fragmentation in the brain only?

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1