Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
A Quiet Space | moderated by Clive Elwell

The Truth.

Displaying all 4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 #1
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 572 posts in this forum Offline

Dear friends, The truth is that there is nothing that you do.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 27 Jun 2018 #2
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 743 posts in this forum Offline

Peter Kesting wrote:

Dear friend, the Truth is we do a lot, but WE can't do anything,
it's a one way path from Truth to us and there is too much trafic by all those who are doing something.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 28 Jun 2018 #3
Thumb_kinfonet_avatar Clive Elwell New Zealand 4470 posts in this forum Offline

Peter Kesting wrote:

Peter, I am not sure that I understand you here. After all, each day "I" (speaking approximately) get up, shower, dress, exercise, eat breakfast, etc. Is this not "doing"?

Are you saying that psychologically there is no no effort that can be made to change or influence the self, the psyche? If so we can look at that.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 28 Jun 2018 #4
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 2263 posts in this forum Offline

Clive Elwell wrote:
Peter Kesting wrote:

Peter, I am not sure that I understand you here. After all, each day "I" (speaking approximately) get up, shower, dress, exercise, eat breakfast, etc. Is this not "doing"?

Perhaps Peter is trying to point out that there is thought but no 'someone' doing the thinking....there's no thinker, in K. terms.... and there is action but no actor who is doing the acting. All this thinking and acting is done with no separate thinker or do-er...there's no separate me or you doing it? is that what you're saying, Peter?

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 4 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)