Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What is the effect of the present corona virus crisis on consciousness?

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1628 posts in this forum Offline

How can you find out? Read about it? Google it? Or find out by yourself?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1628 posts in this forum Offline

The immediate effect is the feeling of great sorrow for all humanity. Can this feeling be understood ? And how is it to be understood?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #3

One Self wrote:
The immediate effect is the feeling of great sorrow for all humanity. Can this feeling be understood ?

What is my relationship to this feeling of great sorrow? Am I different from it therefore I can do something about it ,ignore it or accept it or change it or justify it and so on, or I am that consciousness therefore I can't do anything to it. Me and sorrow are not separate,they are not in conflict with each other. I am it. When there is no conflict then there is the understanding of sorrow which is love and compassion.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #4

It seems to me that corona virus is a reaction of the Earth or nature against the vast butcheries of its animals which are it's children. And also it is a reaction to solve the ever increasing carbon dioxide and global warming. The Earth was getting ill by human greed and activities and this is it's way of curing itself. Nature evolves but humans don't evolve with it. That is the problem.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #5
Thumb_spock Douglas MacRae-Smith France 158 posts in this forum Offline

We interpret based on our conditioning and build conceptual models that reinforce our conditioning. (As per usual)

Look, see, let go

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #6
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5795 posts in this forum Offline

Douglas MacRae-Smith wrote:
We interpret based on our conditioning and build conceptual models that reinforce our conditioning. (As per usual)

Yes, very well expressed. This seems to be especially true of one who has delusions of understanding. Conceptualizing is a way to try to confirm, validate those delusions.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #7
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5795 posts in this forum Offline

This is a copy of today's above Kinfonet quote:

...when knowledge interferes in the discovery of the new, there is no discovery of the new. There must be an interval between knowledge and the new, otherwise you are just carrying on the old.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #8

The psycho tries to start a fight and wants others to back him off. Even though the psycho revolts against a dictator but he is not against dictatorship because he is a little dictator himself:)

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #9

The purpose of these discussions or this website is to reviel the psycho. Not admire or condemn the psycho but to reviel as k would say. Admiring the psycho has got us where we are now ,confused beings..

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #10

One Self wrote:
Admiring the psycho has got us where we are now ..

Psycho is the main product of thought to give itself continuity. Thought being insecure tries to create a fictitious security. So thought feeds the psycho..

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 21 Mar 2020 #11

One Self wrote:
The purpose of these discussions or this website is to reviel the psycho.

It is "reveal" which means to disclose the hidden.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 #12

We interpret based on our conditioning

Did you learn that through self observation or otherwise? If it is otherwise then it is an illusion and you are fooling yourself , isn't it?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 #13

How did krishnamurti deal with his world at the time? How do I deal with the the world
. Is the world different than me that I can do any thing in the world ? The question is that am I different than the world that I live in?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 #14

Presently because of corona virus

One Self wrote:
How did krishnamurti deal with his world at the time?

We don't know..

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 #15
Thumb_spock Douglas MacRae-Smith France 158 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
Did you learn that through self observation or otherwise?

Otherwise. There is no personal understanding. The subject/object separation is an illusion. I do not choose to think what I thunk. I do not choose to love, fear or hate my fellow man.

Look, see, let go

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 22 Mar 2020 #16

Did you learn that through self observation or otherwise?

Otherwise. There is no personal understanding.

The personal and collective are the same. Self awareness is not limited to oneself. The self or the ego or the psycho is made up by thought . It is thought that needs to be understood. Once thought is understood the psycho or the ego loses it's grip on the Brain.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)