Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Future Of Humanity

Displaying posts 211 - 240 of 318 in total
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 #211
Thumb_stringio Huguette . Canada 539 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
if I notice that I am afraid, I have the opportunity to look at it in the moment, directly, to not be apart from it. To do that, I must set aside ideas about fear, and really ideas period. I have to let go of thought and go into what is: fear. Then I may realize that I am not different than the fear. Then there can be staying with.

I'm not contradicting you. I'm looking into it with you.

Can I "set aside ideas"? If I'm afraid and I think that "I should not be afraid", isn't it necessary to be aware of both elements, to see the whole thing - the ideas about fear and fear itself? If I look "only" at fear and not at the ideas about fear, there is only partial seeing and so no understanding, isn't it?

Is fear independent or separate from the idea that "I should not be afraid"? "Staying with" is staying with everything that arises as it arises, as it recedes, as it fluctuates, as I see it. Staying with or facing what is does not start once I have let go of thought. It starts immediately, with awareness of anything and everything that arises in the moment. And the awareness of ideas and thoughts is not the pursuit of ideas and thought.

I can only "discover a connection between thought and fear" if both are looked at.

This post was last updated by Huguette . Thu, 27 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 #212
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 653 posts in this forum Offline

Speaking of fear, I am fortunate enough that strong fear happens very rarely.

About a decade ago there was an instance. I was able to be aware and feel and stay with it and not be apart from it. What I found is something that I never hear K talk about: strong fear is visceral, it is deeply felt in the body. Of course, the trigger is psychological. There is something that you are afraid of. And K goes into how that involves denial of reality. The mind will not accept something that is actual and so fear of it is generated. Also, there can be a paralysis of indecision. There is a threat that requires response but how to respond is unclear. That indecision is psychological intensification. But strong fear is very physical. You can stay with, be it, yet it lingers in the body until the adrenaline dissipates.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 #213

By "strong fear" I mean you know you are really afraid of something or some situation.

We casually are experiencing fear all the time! When we are angry, annoyed, cranky, sad about the political situation, unhappy about failing health due to aging, loneliness. Behind all these is fear, a kind of denial or fighting against reality. We feel justified in these, which is just the self building up further defense around its own fear. Some level of conflict, no matter how slight, within us, against the outer world or against ourselves, is at base fear. We literally live in fear, most of us. The slightest anxiety or apprehension is fear. The mildest annoyance is fear. But do we see it?

In every moment, there is living in fear. Or in love. Only awareness is transformative. Moment to moment.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Thu, 27 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 #214

Huguette . wrote:
Staying with or facing what is does not start once I have let go of thought. It starts immediately, with awareness of anything and everything that arises in the moment. And the awareness of ideas and thoughts is not the pursuit of ideas and thought.

Yes, we are saying much the same thing a little differently.

There is a kind of unawareness when I am lost in thought, yes? By contrast, when I am aware of my thoughts and their significance, it is different, yes? And then there is an awareness when thought has completely stilled. And we don't have to wait for this total ending of thought to begin to see what is, or do we?

The transition from being lost in thought to being aware of thought and its significance seems to involve a stopping, yes? It may be a split second of stopping but it is there. And without that stopping, the indulgence of bound up thought may continue on, yes?

This post was last updated by idiot ? Thu, 27 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 #215
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1385 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
Whoever is concerned with where the above statement came from more than what the context of the above is must be a retarded minded person..

Now we know who that retarded minded is. The problem with a retarded minded person is that he will remain retarded minded till he dies and the earth becomes happy for that. Death is surely purifying thing on the earth. Thank to death.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 27 Jun 2019 #216

re 213 and 214:

Whether physical or psychological, isn’t the fear that one is aware of always felt as physical sensation, whether mild or strong? Without the physical sensations of fear, would it be called fear? “I’m afraid” means feeling sensations in the gut, in the chest, in the heart, in the blood flowing through the arms and face, in weakness in the legs, or as a surge of energy, and so on. It may be rooted in actual physical danger or threat, in which case fear serves as an intelligent warning. It may be wholly rooted in psychological thought and time, but “psychological fear” is also experienced physically, isn’t it? Psychological fear can also be strong, debilitating, incapacitating, visceral.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #217
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1434 posts in this forum Offline

Yes.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #218
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5707 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
Now we know who that retarded minded is. The problem with a retarded minded person is that he will remain retarded minded till he dies and the earth becomes happy for that. Death is surely purifying thing on the earth. Thank to death.

You're showing yourself to be a deeply disturbed, semi-literate half-wit. So now you're wishing for my death? Damn, but you must be a huge disappointment to your mother.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 28 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #219
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1385 posts in this forum Offline

Fear and intelligence don't go together. Where there is one the other is not. The same with ego and love. Where ego is strengthened love can't exist.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #220

One Self wrote:
Fear and intelligence don't go together. Where there is one the other is not. The same with ego and love. Where ego is strengthened love can't exist.

It must be very difficult for you with all that fear and ego weighting you down. I think it might be destroying your mind. Do you just make this crap up or is it printed on the inside of bubble gum wrappers?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #221

Jack Pine wrote:
Do you just make this crap up or is it printed on the inside of bubble gum wrappers?

What a poisonous retarded mind!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #222

Jack Pine wrote:
So now you're wishing for my death?

No I don't, your mind is already dead. You repeat what others say all the time. No creativity what so ever. And surely as much as you want others to recognize you and respond to you you get no response because all you can do is gossip in here. Don't let me stop you,keep making fool out of yourself.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #223

One Self wrote:
No I don't, your mind is already dead. You repeat what others say all the time. No creativity what so ever. And surely as much as you want others to recognize you and respond to you you get no response because all you can do is gossip in here. Don't let me stop you,keep making fool out of yourself.

You know, of course, that what you have written above is accurately autobiographical? It describes you to a T. You just make things up or you quote K without any indication that you have understood what you quote. No one, obviously, is interested in your constant opinions and conclusions based on your confused thinking and your gross misunderstanding of what K was pointing out.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #224

Jack, are you a bully in your house also or you are only a fictitious bully in here? Ofcoarce only in here because otherwize you would have been kicked out of the house by now.:)

This post was last updated by One Self Fri, 28 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #225
Thumb_fuzzy6 Ken D United States 42 posts in this forum Offline

"Sow the seed of freedom, which is to awaken intelligence; for with that intelligence you can tackle all the problems of life." Krishnamurti

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #226

Who ever took the above shut from poor K must have not been a professional photographer. By the way Ken do you know what happened to the site 'jkrishnamurti.org' ? It has been a while that it doesn't work. Has the foundation ran out of money due to misbehaviour of Eric and his gang member Sanhiji ? They do more harm to the teachings than good. They don't allow any critisizem of how they run that site(krishnamurti network).

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #227

So in the future of the humanity K and DR B both agreed that humanity is caught in illusion. No matter where one lives , rich or poor, all caught in illusion. What is the nature of this illusion that mankind is caught in and for thousands of years hasn't freed itself? Pleasure may be the driven force of illusion? K once asks can you live without pleasure? I think one has to answer that question if one is at all serious.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #228

Ken, do you want me to tell meathead why you put up that photo of K where and when you did or do you want to do it? It's way too subtle for him to figure out. Oh well, what the hell, I'll tell him. Hey one, Ken probably posted the photo not so you could critique the photographer's work but for another reason.

I can't be 100% sure without talking to him but I think Ken put that photo there to indicate how K might have looked after reading our inappropriate dialogue of the last day or two. K's expression might also fit for how several people on this forum try to over think, over intellectualize everything.

If your last post, #227, would have been up when the photo was posted it might have been for that too. How many times does K have to say that thought is not going to figure anything out? If you have a question ask it and then observe, don't talk, just observe. But, of course, you won't do that. You will set off trying to explain things in the most banal way possible with all your opinions and erroneous conclusions. By the way, your above questions are simple-minded non-sense. You come to several conclusions that are unwarranted or ridiculous. What a joke.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 28 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #229

One Self wrote:
Jack, are you a bully in your house also or you are only a fictitious bully in here? Ofcoarce only in here because otherwize you would have been kicked out of the house by now.:)

fictitious bully...What is a "fictitious bully"? Fictitious means not real or true, being imaginary or having been fabricated. . So a fictitious bully means not a bully at all. You're saying I'm not a bully.

Ofcoarce That would be spelled, of course.

otherwize You spell it this way----otherwise.

You're an idiot.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #230

For heaven's sake, Jack, stop! One Self, you too. "Just do it!"

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #231

Huguette . wrote:
For heaven's sake, Jack, stop! One Self, you too. "Just do it!".

Just look how this guy jack judges and mostly condemns everyone . His condemnation words are opinion, conclusion and so on . But he is full of opinions and judgments and he is apparently blind to himself. He is a blind bully and a troll. I can stop there:)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #232

Krishnamoorthi always had a misty -eyes . It has nothing to do with human misery. It is a biological matter. That picture is extracted from one of his videos when he was over 90 years old with terminal liver cancer , Pluse he is wiping the water from his eyes while still giving a talk .

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #233
Thumb_fuzzy6 Ken D United States 42 posts in this forum Offline

No, he's wiping his eyes after seeing what's going on in this crazy house.

"Sow the seed of freedom, which is to awaken intelligence; for with that intelligence you can tackle all the problems of life." Krishnamurti

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 28 Jun 2019 #234

Huguette . wrote:
For heaven's sake, Jack, stop! One Self, you too. "Just do it!"

Yeah, I understand how you must feel. But you see how he is completely oblivious to what he is doing. He didn't understand your request for us both to stop. He thought you were only talking to me.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 #235

Ken D wrote:

"Whence should there be joy to a peaceless man?" Bhagavad Gita

Thanks, Ken, for straightening that out. Of course, it was clear to all of us except for one. I told you it was way too subtle for him even though it fell like a sledge hammer in this thread.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 #236

One Self wrote:
Just look how this guy jack judges and mostly condemns everyone . His condemnation words are opinion, conclusion and so on . But he is full of opinions and judgments and he is apparently blind to himself. He is a blind bully and a troll. I can stop there:)

Uh, excuse me. Does anyone see any judgments, condemnations, conclusions or opinions in the above quote? It's obvious that he is completely oblivious to what he writes. He doesn't know he's a hypocrite and worse.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 29 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 #237

Ken D wrote:

Show us a video that krishnamurti cries . You can't. Crying is for children when they don't get what they want or when they are hurt. Are you crying ? I doubt it. You like excitement don't you . That is why no one intervenes with jacks rubbish.
"Hold hands you love birds ."!

This post was last updated by One Self Sat, 29 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 #238
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1928 posts in this forum Offline

This thread is well named.

"The future of humanity"? - same as it ever was!

The house has burned to the ground, and humanity continues with petty meaningless squabbles.

Have we humans reached the point to no return? Environmentally? Psychologically?

Who listens? (Not to each other - heaven forbid!)

To the earth - to the universe. The self cannot.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 #239

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
This thread is well named.

"The future of humanity"? - same as it ever was!

When do we get it? The future is indeed now. Who ever we are now is what we will be in the future. There is no separation.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 #240
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1397 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
When do we get it? The future is indeed now.

no one will ever get it,
someone cannot do what you do when this is deeply understood,

it is up to you to understand and not blame others for their imperfection and/ or lack of understanding this is only nonsense talk.

p.s. I am at home and July 8 get the result of the bioptions taken, last impressions are much better than the first.

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Sat, 29 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 4 readers
Displaying posts 211 - 240 of 318 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)