Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What is the ground on which inner silence may come about?

Displaying posts 181 - 185 of 185 in total
Sun, 21 Apr 2019 #181
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1101 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
'Ignorance is the unawareness of the process of one's own thought and emotion.'

I think that most of us are aware of our emotions in our daily lives but we are not aware of the origin of our daily thinking.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 21 Apr 2019 #182
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

To me It's clear that the want to rebuild and the want to clean up
are of a different order and source.

Early Writings, Volume VII | Talks at Adyar, India 1932-33

"To me, self-discipline is the very antithesis of the fruition of life.
Why are you disciplining yourself? Why should you discipline yourself?
You first create division in thought, through craving, and then you seek to discipline the lower by the higher. You are thereby merely conforming to an established idea of right and wrong. Your self-discipline is born of fear, of acquisition and where there is greed, fear, acquisition, there can not be true discernment.

How can you discern that which is true and lasting if your mind is always concerned with a future want, or impeded in its perception by the past. 
There is an utter absence of the true value of life, there is a false evaluation,
as long as the mind is caught up in the division created through want."

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Sun, 21 Apr 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 23 Apr 2019 #183
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1101 posts in this forum Offline

The chatroom is dead. No new ideas.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 23 Apr 2019 #184

Krishnamurti groups in Facebook share a lot of Krishnamurti with each other. Here, fear has taken over. The only thing that I think that would work in this particular site is to question fear. Fear is destroying everything in the planet in a very rapid way.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 23 Apr 2019 #185
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Ojai, California | 3rd Talk in the Oak Grove 19th April, 1936

"The struggle exists between those established values and the ever changing, indefinite values, between the fixed and the free movement of life, between standards, conventionalities, accumulated memories, and that which has no fixed abode.
Instead of trying to pursue the unknown, examine what you have, the known, the established prejudices, limitations.
Comprehend their significance; then they disappear like the mists of a morning.

When you perceive that what you thought was a snake in the grass is only a rope, you are no longer afraid, there is no longer a struggle, an overcoming. And when, through deep discernment, we perceive that these limitations are self-created, then our attitude towards life is no longer one of conquering, of wanting to be freed through some method or miracle, of seeking comprehension through another. Then we will realize for ourselves that, though this process of ignorance appears to have no beginning, it has an end."

This article Behind the QOTD 23 april, matches the redundancy of the previous two replies. Bolding is mine.

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 181 - 185 of 185 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)