Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Understanding and insight (article by Dev Singh)

Displaying posts 31 - 32 of 32 in total
Sun, 24 Feb 2019 #31
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 328 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
Is it ever not intellectual only? Do we ever move beyond the intellectual with this?

Sean Hen wrote: (answering to Dan):
What about awareness that brings about immediate action, where the seeing is the action? Have you ever experienced this? I am inattentive and I become aware of my inattention. This awareness brings about attention.

Yes. Then one is beyond the intellect in attention, which is seeing. The intellect is thinking, chattering, analysing, which is inattention (in regard of selfknowledge). The mind must be quiet to perceive, to see , to be aware of what it is doing, of what is going on.

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Sun, 24 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 25 Feb 2019 #32
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 990 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
k: Do you know what gaiety is? It is just to laugh, to take delight in anything or nothing, to know the joy of living, smiling, looking straight into the face of another without any sense of fear.

Isn't it odd that the regular participant in this site have no sense of humer at all!?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 32 of 32 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)