Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What K teachings are central for you?

Displaying posts 31 - 57 of 57 in total
Fri, 11 Jan 2019 #31
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1457 posts in this forum Offline

Understanding brings its own transformation. And for understanding there has to be a quiet mind.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 #32
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 886 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Only if you bring all your being to right now, which doesn't mean clenching up your body or something silly, but means total attention, can moment to moment transformation happen.

Yes, this seems very true. I think we need to accept that we are all human beings as was K , of course. This means that there are times when we will be insensitive, greedy and not listen. The crucial thing seems to be bringing awareness to the now and being fully present. If we do this, surely it will have an impact on how connected we are to the people around us.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 #33
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 689 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
The crucial thing seems to be bringing awareness to the now and being fully present.

Yes. Then love may truly flower.

Well, bye for now. I'm going to see if I can stay out of here for a while. I wish everyone here the best.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 #34
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 329 posts in this forum Offline

Yes, the flowering of love is what matter. All the best to you too.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2019 #35
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 886 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Yes. Then love may truly flower.

Well, bye for now. I'm going to see if I can stay out of here for a while. I wish everyone here the best.

A nice note to end on! Anyway, I hope it's "hasta luego" rather than "adiĆ³s".

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 17 Jan 2019 #36
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1457 posts in this forum Offline

What is the relationship between thought (the self ) and love? Is there any relationship between the two at all(Relationship means contact.)?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 19 Jan 2019 #37
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 1228 posts in this forum Offline

"Love is where the self is not"

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 #38

"What K teachings are central for you?"

As far as I know there is no central thing in the K's teachings . It is like entering into a great university . No deportment is better superior than the other departments.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 #39

"What K teachings are central for you?".

I say meditation is the center of k's teachings. Krishnamurti's mind was always in a state of meditation even while he was giving a public talk.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 #40

One Self wrote:
meditation is the center of k's teachings.

Yes. As I said at the start of this thread:

idiot ? wrote:
I'd answer: awareness of what is, real meditation, and love (which is approached negatively to discover what love is not). All of these are, in a way, the same thing approached from different angles. There is an unsayable that underlies K teaching, the sayable being understandable by thought.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 #41
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5755 posts in this forum Offline

So now the idea, the focus, the word for the week is: MEDITATION! I wonder what it will be next week. Why do you fragment what K has pointed out and then dwell on the fragments. Keep it whole, all together why not?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 10 Jun 2019 #42
Thumb_fuzzy6 Ken D United States 47 posts in this forum Offline

"Sow the seed of freedom, which is to awaken intelligence; for with that intelligence you can tackle all the problems of life." Krishnamurti

Tue, 11 Jun 2019 #43

In this thread, which got recently revived, I'm asking what K teachings are central for you. It should be mentioned that K was himself asked about the core of his teachings and he made a statement in 1980. You can read that statement here: https://www.dreamsalive.com/download/Krishnamur...

You will not find the word "meditation" mentioned even once in this statement. Does that mean that K didn't consider meditation central? If you look closely you will see that what K talks about in this "core" statement, especially near the end of it, is very much like what he says real meditation is. So you can decide for yourself.

Perhaps K felt that the word "meditation" was quite loaded. When he discussed it, he often negated common understandings of the word. For example, with regard to mantra meditation, he'd say that you might as well say "coca-cola" over and over. So in this brief "core" statement, there wasn't space to go into detail about what meditation is not.

Tue, 11 Jun 2019 #44

Jack Pine wrote:
the word for the week is: MEDITATION!...Why do you fragment what K has pointed out and then dwell on the fragments.

Obviously meditation IS seeing the whole. Thought is the process of fragmentation. K says that real meditation is when there is no thinker/thought. Only then is there the whole, the unbounded.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Tue, 11 Jun 2019.

Wed, 12 Jun 2019 #45

idiot ? wrote:
In this thread, which got recently revived

It was revived by your alter ego, "one self". Otherwise I think it would have laid fallow.

Once again you are fragmenting the teachings by asking "What (which) K teachings are central to you?" The word "teachings" is plural, more than one. You are asking people to evaluate what they know or don't know about what K pointed out, categorize that knowledge and then pick their favorite. It's basically a meaningless question. It's something a bored primary school teacher would ask her pupils regarding some mundane subject.

So no matter how you choose to twist and turn to deny you are fragmenting the "teachings". Wholeness in everything seems to be what K was trying to point out.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 12 Jun 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 13 Jun 2019 #46

If meditation is not the intention of the commentator then what is his intention? Strengthening the self? Creating more evil in the world?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #47

One Self wrote:
If meditation is not the intention of the commentator then what is his intention? Strengthening the self? Creating more evil in the world?

Apparently nobody meditates in here!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #48

More likely, nobody really cares about your opinions or your need to see your name on endless shallow and vacuous posts. Give it a rest. Or at least wait until you actually have something to say before you post.

This whole thread was a mistake. Asking people to pick their favorite "K" teachings is a wrong question. The teachings are all part of a whole not fragments to be liked or disliked, separate pieces. The question itself indicates a strong misunderstanding of what K pointed out.

Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #49

Jack Pine wrote:
More likely, nobody really cares about my opinions or my need to see my name on endless shallow and vacuous posts. IGive it a rest. Or at least wait until Iactually have something to say before I post.

Look who is talking!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #50

Anything that the devil tells you the opposite of that is true. That is an old saying in ancient mythical stories. So anything little Jack tells me I do the opposite of that. That mames sense.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #51

I suppose it was inevitable. You're too stupid to even write your own posts. You have to use those of others. Old saying my ass. It was something stupid you just made up. Why do you continue to think that the rest of us are idiots?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #52

Jack Pine wrote:
So anything little Jack tells me I do the opposite of that. That mames sense.

Don't delete your and idiot?'s accounts. Does this still "mames" sense to you? You're so easy.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Tue, 06 Aug 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #53

Jack Pine wrote:
I suppose it was inevitable. I am too stupid to even write my own posts. I have to use those of others. Old saying my dirty ass. It was something stupid I just made up. Why do I continue to think that the rest of us are idiots.

This is actually becoming fun. Jack exposes his true self in here.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #54

Jack Pine wrote:
Don't delete mine and idiot?'s accounts. Does this still "mames" sense to me? l am so easy.

As I said before take the word "you" away from the devil and he has absolutely nothing of value to say.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #55

So does this mean you're not going to do the opposite I said and you're not going to delete your two accounts? How old are you anyway? Seven, eight?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #56

Jack Pine wrote:
So does this mean I am not going to do the opposite I said and I am not going to delete my two accounts? How old am I anyway? Seven, eight?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #57

Mentally little Jack is immature. It doesn't matter how old he is.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 57 of 57 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)