Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What K teachings are central for you?

Displaying posts 31 - 38 of 38 in total
Fri, 11 Jan 2019 #31
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 998 posts in this forum Offline

Understanding brings its own transformation. And for understanding there has to be a quiet mind.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 #32
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 765 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Only if you bring all your being to right now, which doesn't mean clenching up your body or something silly, but means total attention, can moment to moment transformation happen.

Yes, this seems very true. I think we need to accept that we are all human beings as was K , of course. This means that there are times when we will be insensitive, greedy and not listen. The crucial thing seems to be bringing awareness to the now and being fully present. If we do this, surely it will have an impact on how connected we are to the people around us.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 #33
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 505 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
The crucial thing seems to be bringing awareness to the now and being fully present.

Yes. Then love may truly flower.

Well, bye for now. I'm going to see if I can stay out of here for a while. I wish everyone here the best.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 Jan 2019 #34
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 328 posts in this forum Offline

Yes, the flowering of love is what matter. All the best to you too.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 15 Jan 2019 #35
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 765 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Yes. Then love may truly flower.

Well, bye for now. I'm going to see if I can stay out of here for a while. I wish everyone here the best.

A nice note to end on! Anyway, I hope it's "hasta luego" rather than "adiĆ³s".

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 17 Jan 2019 #36
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 998 posts in this forum Offline

What is the relationship between thought (the self ) and love? Is there any relationship between the two at all(Relationship means contact.)?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 19 Jan 2019 #37
Thumb_avatar Peter Kesting United States 1218 posts in this forum Offline

"Love is where the self is not"

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 28 Feb 2019 #38

"What K teachings are central for you?"

As far as I know there is no central thing in the K's teachings . It is like entering into a great university . No deportment is better superior than the other departments.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 38 of 38 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)