Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A slice of life/death in Southern California

This topic is locked.

Displaying posts 31 - 39 of 39 in total
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 #31
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5492 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
While Buddhists or Hindus or others who have experienced "oneness" or "enlightenment" might say that K is talking about the same thing that they are, I don't think that K would have acknowledged them as having experienced what he is talking about. Certainly he never did while he was alive.

Why do you continue to think you know what K would have said or done, or should have said or done, in a particular situation? All you have are a seemingly endless list of conclusions and opinions about K that you repeatedly and tirelessly try to pass off as facts.

You have written about others having an image of K yet I have seen very few, if any, that have a more intrenched image of who K was than you.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 #32
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 513 posts in this forum Offline

Krishnamurti, The First and Last Freedom, Questions and Answers On Surrender to What Is
The mind that is always condemning or identifying cannot understand; it can only understand that within which it is caught.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 #33

idiot ? wrote:
Krishnamurti, The First and Last Freedom, Questions and Answers On Surrender to What Is
The mind that is always condemning or identifying cannot understand; it can only understand that within which it is caught.

Idiot, this quote so fits what you do on here. You do see that don't you? Condemning K for being "superstitious" or not showing enough gratitude to suit your limited tastes. Mostly what you do is crank out pseudo-intellectual tripe or just plain gossip.

Stop it idiot, if you can. And I'll thank you not to clutter up this thread with your endless conclusions and telling us what K was thinking about this and that. No one can speak for someone else. Especially for someone like K who simply didn't share our conditioning.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Nov 2018 #34
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 513 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Condemning K for being "superstitious" or not showing enough gratitude to suit your limited tastes.

No, Jack Pine, it is you who condemn people here whenever someone posts in a way that you disapprove.

I never condemned K for not showing enough gratitude. I wrote that I was surprised that he didn't speak about it very much. And I only knew of a few occasions when he expressed gratitude. I never condemned or criticized this. You read that into it. You will not find a single statement of me criticizing K about gratitude because I didn't write one. I cannot help your misinterpretation which comes from your condemnations.

As to K's apparent superstitions, it is a fact that various biographers have described these matters. To me, fairies and drawing protection circles are nonsense and seem to be in conflict with K's statement that he had no beliefs. While I don't condemn K for these things, fairies and so on are not things I accept. K was who he was, fairies and all. If someone wants him to have been otherwise it isn't going to change the truth.

I don't condemn Christians for believing in Jesus or Muslims for believing in Allah. People can believe whatever they want. But I don't believe anything really. K's discussion of not believing anything makes a lot of sense to me. Fairies don't. I am not afraid to talk about inconvenient matters in his biographies.

Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you or even continue to respond to you. You have made up your mind, your condemning mind, and are not interested in seeing what is. I wish you well.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Wed, 14 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 #35
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1053 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:

That is so true. Now we know why jack doesn't understand . He condemns with words like BS and so many other labels he puts on others. Let's catch him in the action of condemnation next time he does it . That should be fun . All he does is justify or condemn and thinks he is an expert in knowing what k says.:-)

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 #36

idiot ? wrote:
I don't condemn Christians for believing in Jesus or Muslims for believing in Allah.

Neither did K. He just pointed out that they are inventions of thought. Jesus doesn't exist, or didn't, any more than fairies or witches (sorry no offense meant).

idiot ? wrote:
No, Jack Pine, it is you who condemn people here whenever someone posts in a way that you disapprove.

I didn't condemn you I simply pointed out that you don't speak for Krishnamurti. No one does. So please quit expressing what you THINK K might have done or thought. You have no idea what he might have done. None of us do.

If anyone has condemned someone it is you condemning me for not letting you go on with your illusions that you know what K would have said or done.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 15 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 #37
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1053 posts in this forum Offline

Myself Wrote wrote:
All he does is justify or condemn and thinks he is an expert in knowing what k says.:-).

I wonder why!?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 #38

Myself Wrote wrote:

That is so true. Now we know why jack doesn't understand . He condemns with words like BS and so many other labels he puts on others. Let's catch him in the action of condemnation next time he does it . That should be fun .

Hey, idiot it seems like the only one you've stirred up with your latest, somewhat hypocritical, attack on me is your little mentally challenged sycophant. This says something about you and how you attack others while playing the "love and kindness" card. Shame on you.

Oh yeah, and are you going to explain to the mental midget that what is going to be "fun" for him is to wait until he thinks I have "condemned" someone so you and he can condemn me. What a joke.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 15 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 15 Nov 2018 #39

I'm sorry I have to close this thread due to two trolls who want to fill it with their usual tripe.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Displaying posts 31 - 39 of 39 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)