Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Do we all understand why the observer is the observed?

This topic is locked.

Displaying all 20 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 990 posts in this forum Offline

I think that there is a lot of question about the law of the " observer is the observed". Myself is willing to clarify those questions if there are any.

This post was last updated by One Self Tue, 06 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #2
Thumb_patricia_1_2016_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1913 posts in this forum Offline

The 'law' of the 'observer is the observed'? Who made it a 'law'?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #3
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 990 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:

Observer is the observed is a law like gravity is a law. You must be referring to "rules" that are man made. Nature makes all the laws.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #4
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:

M: Observer is the observed is a law like gravity is a law.

T: How about the ‘fact’? Is it a fact, as K maintained, or not?

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #5

Tom Paine wrote:
How about the ‘fact’? Is it a fact, as K maintained, or not?

It is more than a fact,it is an unchanging law . like Newton's law of energy, it never changes.
I wonder if Patricia sees the difference between man made laws(rules) and natural laws that we have in physics.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #6
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5440 posts in this forum Offline

There is so much wrong with what is written in the first and third posts, especially, of this thread that it sucks the energy out of the reader just to read it.

Krishnamurti was not an authority and consequently he did not hand out laws. You have a very definite approach to what K said and it leans heavily toward neo-fascist thinking. It's obvious you need rules and laws to live by, to make yourself feel secure. An illusion.

Also, you might have heard of Einstein's General Theory of Relativity that explained gravity in a significantly different way than Newton explained it in his Three Laws of Gravity.

You don't have any idea of how completely confused you are do you?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 03 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #7

Jack Pine wrote:
BS.

First of all who the hell is BS ? Did you pull it out of your twisted mind as usual ? Apparently you don't understand clear English. Your authority based mind translates every thing that I write as your authority. I just have pity for your distorted mind. You want attention and no one gives you any so you make thing up and ramble around it just like your BS . Do you think that anybody would listen to you when you try to insult them? Do you live in a state prison?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #8

Myself Wrote wrote:
Do you live in a state prison?

No but you live in a state of incarceration. Imprisoned by your own ignorance.

How is it possible to not see that laws and authority go together? That law is the expression of authority?

And BS, I'm not insulting you. You're doing that to yourself with your ridiculous posts. You want so much to be an authority on K or on anything. Thinking is limited, fragmented. Why do you keep trying to interpret, to be an authority, on what K pointed out? Try the quiet mind approach for awhile.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 03 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #9

Jack Pine wrote:
And BS, I'm not insulting you.

So you pretend that you don't know that BS stands for Bull Shit. Your dishonesty and bitterness has degenerated your mind if you have any left.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #10

You must discover according to what moral standards you are acting; whether your action is the result of compulsion, of tradition, or of your own desire to be safe, secure. Quote from Nov 3, 2018 Kinfonet

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 03 Nov 2018 #11

Myself Wrote wrote:
So you pretend that you don't know that BS stands for Bull Shit.

No, not at all. I know exactly what it stands for and that is why I find it so appropriate. But I actually derived "BS" because I got tired of trying to follow your names changes. So far there have been three of them in the past few months. So I took the "B" from "Goodman B" and the "S" from self, which you have used in your last two names. I think it works quite well. For all of the reasons I have stated and you have stated.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Nov 2018 #12

Below is another one of lying jack's personal massage to me.
What a jerk he is.
Subject: Meat Head To: Myself Wrote
Date: 09/26/2018 at 03:16 PM
Reply Delete
Are you really as stupid as you appear to be? Does your mommy know you are spending all this time on a discussion forum for adults?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Nov 2018 #13

" One has to be a light to oneself; this light is the law. There is no other law. All the other laws are made by thought and so fragmentary and contradictory. To be a light to oneself is not to follow the light of another, however reasonable, logic, historical, and however convincing. You cannot be a light to yourself if you are in the dark shadows of authority, of dogma, of conclusion. Morality is not put together by thought; it is not the outcome of environmental pressure, it is not of yesterday, of tradition. Morality is the child of love and love is not desire and pleasure. Sexual or sensory enjoyment is not love."

Brockwood Park - 11th Entry - 24th September 1973

This post was last updated by One Self Sun, 04 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Nov 2018 #14

So as you can see lying Jack is full of BS.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Nov 2018 #15

Myself Wrote wrote:
You cannot be a light to yourself if you are in the dark shadows of authority, of dogma, of conclusion.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 04 Nov 2018 #16

What does it mean to be a light to yourself? That means that you understand the law of the observer is the observed therefore you are not wasting your energy in conflict and you can see 'what is' without the distortion of duality.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 05 Nov 2018 #17

K on the the observer is the observed.
https://youtu.be/MS9r2_fUtWM

This post was last updated by One Self Mon, 05 Nov 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Nov 2018 #18
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 495 posts in this forum Offline

We discussed that video in detail in this thread:

http://www.kinfonet.org/forums/2-general-discus...

The questioner felt that K used circular reasoning in this video. My take is post #6.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Nov 2018 #19

In the video k is discussing the universal law of the observer is the observed. And he shows you why it is so. You can see that law in the observation of greed, envy, anger, fear,pleasure and so on . It is a universal law.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Nov 2018 #20

Id, I read some of the blog that you pointed out . I found out that the blogger was a new comer . And as usual everybody was trying to teach him what k meant.:=) .I think anybody who seriously has a question about the teachings should refer to the teachings to find the answers.
Sorry, I have to luck this blog for now.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 20 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)