Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A copy of this forum guidelines I post below for all to be aware of.( It is In general discussion)

Displaying all 6 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 31 Aug 2018 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 523 posts in this forum Offline

1-Courtesy. Be friendly and considerate when talking to your fellow posters. Anyone who engages in aggression will be suspended. Examples of aggressive behavior include name-calling, riling, ribbing, taunting, hounding, mobbing, etc

Haranguing. Although intelligent debate is encouraged, should the exchange take a turn where any participant becomes overly forceful with their opinion or if it is evident that the discussion is at loggerheads, interaction on that subject should cease between the individuals involved.

Substance. The main purpose of this forum is to for you to discuss the proposals Krishnamurti raised in his talks and writings. Please bear that in mind.

Respect. Systematic disparagement of Krishnamurti's message will not be tolerated. If you have issues with any of the core ideas of the teachings, raise those in a civil and reasoned manner. If your objections reach the point where you feel that the teachings are fundamentally flawed in some manner, cease posting on the forum.

Balance. In the interest of not having the forum dominated by particular points of view, be conscious of the number and size of posts you make in forum in any given day or week.

Any one violating these guidelines will have their posting privilege suspended. Notification of the suspension will be made on the forum.

This post was last updated by Myself Only Fri, 31 Aug 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #2
Thumb_1507053_1_ Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe Sri Lanka 1201 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman B wrote:
Courtesy. Be friendly and considerate when talking to your fellow posters. Anyone who engages in aggression will be suspended. Examples of aggressive behavior include name-calling, riling, ribbing, taunting, hounding, mobbing, etc

Sir, why do you call most of us Duke please?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #3
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 523 posts in this forum Offline

Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe wrote:
Sir, why do you call most of us Duke please?

Can you address where one said that ? Duke means what ? I don't know!?
Did you mean 'dude'? Look it up,it is not a bad word.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #4

dude (do?od, dyo?od)
n.
1. Informal An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West.
2. Informal A man who is very fancy or sharp in dress and demeanor.
3. Slang
a. A man; a fellow.
b. A person of either sex.
tr.v. dud·ed, dud·ing, dudes Slang
To dress elaborately or flamboyantly: got all duded up for the show.
interj. Slang
Used to express approval, satisfaction, or congratulations.
[Respelling of late 19th-century American slang dood, fop, dandy, probably from shortening of Yankee Doodle, a bumpkin who sticks a feather in his cap in imitation of fashionable macaronies in the American popular song "Yankee Doodle" : Yankee + doodle, fool; see doodlebug.]
American

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #5

Dude means a person of either sex.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #6
Thumb_1507053_1_ Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe Sri Lanka 1201 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman B wrote:
Duke means what ? I don't know!?

Duke of Edinburgh, Duchess of.....etc., etc. I thought you misspelled the word & typed a 'd' there.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 6 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)