Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Thoughts relations

Displaying posts 31 - 35 of 35 in total
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #31
Thumb_1507053_1_ Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe Sri Lanka 1191 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
Isn't the 'observer' (me) always the 'observed' not just when there is no evaluation or judgement being made?

Can the totality of the consciousness be that which is looking-observer-when the will is in operation,when there is deliberate action? Is not then, in that situation, the observer a part of the consciousness looking at another part?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #32
Thumb_1507053_1_ Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe Sri Lanka 1191 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
Does thought see that it is itself a 'dissipation' of energy? As in 'naming'... labeling the sensation as being something recognized from the past. Not allowing it to just 'be'? Frightened to not have the sense of being in control?

Is it thought that sees this or intelligence?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #33
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1273 posts in this forum Offline

Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe wrote:
Can the totality of the consciousness be that which is looking-observer-when the will is in operation,when there is deliberate action? Is not then, in that situation, the observer a part of the consciousness looking at another part?

Yes the 'thinker' separated from 'thought'. The 'illusion' created by thought that the thinker is separate from the itself..

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #34
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1273 posts in this forum Offline

Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe wrote:
Is it thought that sees this or intelligence?

Through insight, intelligence reveals to thought that its actions in the psychological realm are divisive and misplaced? The degree to which this is seen determines the effect or non-effect on thought's momentum?

I will be unable to post here for some weeks but will perhaps be able at times to read what has been posted. Thank you Jayaraj.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 01 Sep 2018 #35

Dan McDermott wrote:
The 'illusion' created by thought that the thinker is separate from the itself..

Yes,I think this illusion is operative when there is division in observation.

Yes, initially it is thought that sees that it is ineffective with regard to solving the issue of suffering I think.It is this that paves the way to choiceless awareness which can awaken insight I feel.

Ok Dan. Nice discussing with you. Thank you too.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 35 of 35 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)