Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

How many people understand Krishnamurti?

This topic is locked.

Displaying posts 181 - 210 of 243 in total
Sat, 25 Aug 2018 #181
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Forget the self- center thing , it is thought revolving about itself .

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #182
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
I am not talking about selfishness. I am starting much closer: I am selfish. Whatever I do from a self-centred perspective, I am going to get hurt or I am going to hurt another. That's all. That's the starting point.

What is the point of doing that?
Stop the hurting. Don't say that it is impossible to stop hurting. It is easy not to hurt unless one is ill with sadism.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #183
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman B wrote:
Stop the hurting. Don't say that it is impossible to stop hurting. It is easy not to hurt unless one is ill with sadism.

I am pretty sure the word you wanted here is masochism. Do you own a dictionary?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #184

Jack Pine wrote:

Goodman B wrote:

I am pretty sure the word you wanted here is masochism. Do you own a dictionary?

Sadism is a type of behavior in which a person obtains pleasure from hurting other people and making them suffer physically or mentally.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #185

Jack Pine wrote:

Goodman B wrote:

Sadism is a type of behavior in which a person obtains pleasure from hurting other people and making them suffer physically or mentally.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #186

Jack Pine wrote:

Goodman B wrote:

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #187

Goodman B wrote:
Goodman B: Is selfishness a fact or is it an image? An image is never a fact. It is an abstraction. We can only investigate into a fact. As soon as you look or investigate into an image it is already wiped out.

Actually it is a fact that we make images of nearly everything. We do have images of things. And we can, of course, investigate these images. Images of our self as well as images about anything else.

You are trying to lay down all these rules about what you can and cannot do but they are meaningless and limiting.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sun, 26 Aug 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #188

Goodman B wrote:

Yes but your post was referring to Paul's post in which he referred to his own "hurting" too. Please try to stay up with the conversation.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #189

Jack Pine wrote:
You are trying to lay down all these rules about what you can and cannot do but they are meaningless.

You are nuts. :-)

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #190

Jack Pine wrote:
You are trying to lay down all these rules about what you can and cannot do but they are meaningless.

You are nuts. :-)

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #191

I'm nut's? Why are you multiple posting the same message? And is calling someone "nuts" the best you can do by way of a response? You are so sure you know what you are talking about but what comes out is gibberish.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #192

You are nuts and have a few other nuts supporting you . That is a fact.:-)

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #193

I know what you are doing, you try to make this site as boring as your mind is. And that is a fact.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #194
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman B: What is the point of doing that? Stop the hurting. Don't say that it is impossible to stop hurting. It is easy not to hurt unless one is ill with sadism.

Why are you immediately translating everything I am saying into your own version and looking at it from your own perspective? You cannot stop hurting people just by an act of will. If you could, you wouldn't call someone 'nuts' even though they may be nuts. Do you follow what I mean? The moment you say to another person, 'I know you,' or, 'I know what you are doing,' you have effectively killed them. All you know of them is the image of them as it engages and clashes with your own self-image.

I know one thing about myself, which is more than enough self-knowledge: I am selfish. I start there. You don't, so we can't journey together.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #195

Paul Dimmock wrote:
You cannot stop hurting people just by an act of will. If you could, you wouldn't call someone 'nuts' even though they may be nuts.

Why is that? If you act naughty no one should point that out to you? Is that how we should be? Conformists who repeat things without understanding them?
Every word and every statement that you make has an answer in words and statements. That is a law. So if you try to hurt with words and make false statements you will get hurt equally. That is a law.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #196

Goodman B wrote:
Why is that? If you act naughty no one should point that out to you? Is that how we should be? Conformists who repeat things without understanding them?
Every word and every statement that you make has an answer in words and statements. That is a law. So if you try to hurt with words and make false statements you will get hurt equally. That is a law.

What you consistently fail to understand is that everything you write here, all the ridiculous "rules" that you invent as a product of your own confused thinking are just a response to your own conditioning; your beliefs. Take, for example, your "laws" as stated above. They are just images, beliefs, thoughts that are rooted in your conditioning.

Have you ever tried to "see" something without coming to immediate conclusions about what you are seeing? Your conclusions are images, the past, because they are based on thought which is the past.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #197

You don't understand what is written so there is no point discussing anything with someone who makes things up as he reads . I have not heard a statement from you which is not merely a reaction to others. Apparently conflict gives you a sense of being . Try to say something related to the blogs instead of attacking Idiot and others. And your image that you think is a fact maybe the cause of your conflicts with others here. Be that way and hide behind Krishnamurti and get nowhere..

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #198

Goodman B wrote:
Try to say something related to the blogs instead of attacking Idiot and others.

First of all this is not a blog. It's a discussion forum. Secondly, I will stop pointing things out to you when you stop talking gibberish, when you stop proclaiming delusional "laws" and "facts". K rejected those who proclaimed to be an authority on anything and most particularly on what he was pointing out. Both, of which, you continuously do on this forum.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 26 Aug 2018 #199

Jack Pine wrote:
K rejected those who proclaimed to be an authority

Apparently you are caught in the authority thing and try to act as a moderator .
Ignorance can't be hidden behind K.:)

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 27 Aug 2018 #200

Goodman B wrote:
Apparently you are caught in the authority thing and try to act as a moderator .
Ignorance can't be hidden behind K.:)

Have you ever noticed how you accuse others of doing exactly what you are doing? It's pretty blatant but not surprising.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 27 Aug 2018 #201

Goodman B: Why is that? If you act naughty no one should point that out to you? Is that how we should be? Conformists who repeat things without understanding them? Every word and every statement that you make has an answer in words and statements. That is a law. So if you try to hurt with words and make false statements you will get hurt equally. That is a law.

Yes, sir, it is called tit for tat; it is the law of the playground. It is the law of the bully. You are a bully, sir. That's all. Don't make any bigger problem out of it.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 27 Aug 2018 #202

Paul, you made a fool out of yourself. You said that you are selfish and no good. Should we feel sorry for you ? No. I am not selfish and no good. That makes you jealous and frustrated. :-). You have abandoned the teachings but yet struggling in krishnamurti's forum to make sense. The only person who responded to you is one and I don't think he would anymore. I have read your pushy comments in krishnamurti network. All the same , selfish nonsense. It is no good. Change dude, change.
And for your information I don't know what you mean by the word bully. That word is rubbish. You are scared .

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 27 Aug 2018 #203
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

This topic appears to me more and more a good representive for a totalitair system with the ministers of sport: 'ping - pong ' , the minister of defence: ' pang - pang '
and the minister of health, explaining ' bambino fiasco '. ;-()

P.S.: It's not the quantity that counts but the quality !

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Mon, 27 Aug 2018.

Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #204

Goodman B: Change, dude, change. ... I don't know what you mean by the word bully. That word is rubbish. You are scared.

A bully is someone who wants to be in control. It is simple enough. So you know perfectly well what I mean; don't kid yourself. You are using some half-baked ideas and principles to control your interactions with people in this forum. You are using K as a weapon all the time and he is not a weapon. You are communicating through fear; that's very different from being afraid. So you don't scare me. But you are trying to hurt me. That's the whole difference. You want change on your terms only, which is no change at all. And you won't say a very simple thing which would dissolve the whole problem. You won't say, 'I am selfish.' You are happier playing God.

Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #205

Paul, do you realise that you are hurt? Who knows why but you are hurt. Nobody cares here to effect you in any way. It is your imagination that plays tricks on you.. Step out of it if you can.

This post was last updated by One Self Tue, 28 Aug 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #206

Goodman B: Do you realise that you are hurt? Who knows why but you are hurt. Nobody cares here to affect you in any way. It is your imagination that plays tricks on you. Step out of it if you can.

Sir, you don’t need to invent any image of me as hurt or this or that. Then you are playing God again, saying, ‘I know all about you.’ I have told you what I am. Just accept it. I am a selfish human being just like you. What’s the difficulty with this?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #207

Selfishness is an idea. What you say is like saying I am a communist like you why can't you admit that you are a communist!

This post was last updated by One Self Tue, 28 Aug 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #208

Goodman B: Selfish means a person who is no good. A person who steals from others. Is that what you are?

Selfish means to put oneself first. That's all. Don't complicate it any further; it is complicated enough. You put yourself first, don't you?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #209

Paul Dimmock wrote:
Selfish means to put oneself first. That's all.

If that is all then you can put yourself second. Is that a big deal?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 28 Aug 2018 #210

Goodman B: If that is all then you can put yourself second. Is that a big deal?

Apparently, it is. Why would you want to put yourself second? What does it even mean? Second to what?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 181 - 210 of 243 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)