Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What kind of pet should we humans have including insects and fishes? Is it sane to have and support pets.

Displaying posts 31 - 47 of 47 in total
Sat, 12 May 2018 #31
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 520 posts in this forum Offline

Gee I'm sorry for you, you're not able to have a dialog with anybody. If you think that any Dick or Harry can have dialog if they want , then you are wrong.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #32
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 520 posts in this forum Offline

Dialog can only take place among good people with good health , thought and behavior.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #33

Dialog can only take place among good people with good health , thought and behavior.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #34
Thumb_1507053_1_ Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe Sri Lanka 1199 posts in this forum Offline

Goodman B wrote:
deconfuse
Function: verb

De-confuse, the word you have coined, is a verb is it not? So it is deliberate action. 'I will do' etc. This implies time, is it not? An action which will be done in future. So it is movement away from the present. So movement away from the present which is real to the future which is unreal which is the 'what should be'.And any movement in time seeking the unreal will essentially involve uncertainty , anxiety , fear etc.So deliberate action of will with regard to confusion-de confusion-thus is still the factor of confusion, is it not?

Thus what is to be done? We see 'will' or 'de-confusion' is the factor of confusion. Then we remain with it , isn't it? There is no option. In remaining we are observant of the confusion without any movement. This then will reveal the ways of confusion which is understanding confusion, right? Then that very understanding will make the brain drop the factors of confusion. I believe Jack meant this.

K always said the solution lies in the problem itself. Not in seeking a solution but in very understanding the problem itself the brain frees itself of the problem. There is no separate action ending the problem.

Goodman B wrote:
So Dan and Jack have different opinions about confusion

What is an opinion? It is a set of explanations of an event or a happening which is not the actual state of affairs, right? Which is merely an imaginary concoction of thought, right?

Thus what Jack & Dan said appears to me to be facts , not any opinion.

Dan McDermott wrote:
This all starts with the naming of the sensation and thought carrying it on, doesn't it?

I think so. Naming triggers the past & reinforces conditioning to my understanding.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #35
Thumb_1507053_1_ Jayaraj Kapila Kulasinghe Sri Lanka 1199 posts in this forum Offline

When we play soccer we must kick the ball, not the player.....

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #36

Goodman B wrote:
Dogs and cats are the best companions if you can afford them.

Why, crocodile? What about crocodiles?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #37

Goodman B wrote:

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #38

Think on these things...

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #39

Goodman B wrote:

Playing soccer you hit the ball, not the player. Skill is that sir, if not it is indiscipline.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #40

Goodman B wrote:
good health ,

Goodman B wrote:
good people

Goodman B wrote:
behavior.

Goodman,
What is health? What is it to be healthy? And what is goodness & behaviour please?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #41

K: And also we ought to enquire: what is health? Does this interest you, health? Now, you all wake up! What is health? Can there be healthy organism, biological organism when there is constant conflict? - between each other, one opinion opposing the other, one expressing his desires fully against others' desires? This constant struggle, strain, conflict in which human beings live, does that contribute to health? Don't say no. Then that means those are the factors of ill health. Psychosomatic diseases. You understand all this? So can there be intellectual health, and emotions which are healthy, not romantic sentimentality and all that, that conduces to ill health. I don't know if you are following all this. So we must enquire very deeply what is really to be healthy?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #42

Goodman B wrote:
Then that means those are the factors of ill health. Psychosomatic diseases. You understand all this? So can there be intellectual health, and emotions which are healthy, not romantic sentimentality and all that, that conduces to ill health.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 12 May 2018 #43

If I said the same thing as above immediately they would jump on me and repeat saying that intellectual- health is a projection of thought . Same verbal acrobatics. Only to stall the investigation.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 May 2018 #44

Goodman B wrote:
Can there be healthy organism, biological organism when there is constant conflict?

What is conflict sir? It is when when man does not accept, see , facts isn't it? When he tries to become escaping from 'what is' , isn't it?

Now in this thread who is talking facts ? Who is talking without bringing in time?

Deliberate action which is the function of will is action in time. Therefore it is the way of conflict.

Have Jack, Dan or me introduced time in our observations? Or have you done so introducing de-confusing , de-conditioning, which are verbs & therefore actions in time which is thus cause of human conflict?

We need honesty in this sir. Inquiry is mere self deception if we do not accept 'what is' & get carried away by our personal ambition to exercise authority over others.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sun, 13 May 2018 #45

As I said before you like your conditioning. Krishnamurti was not conditioned because he de - conditioned himself. Do you know your own conditioning. Where you came from ,your background. Can you be free from that or you want to remain conditioned till death wipes away your conditioning , your background. .

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 13 May 2018 #46

Our issue at the moment is what is health- we came to conflict, goodness & behavior. Can we address that please?

The ball sir, kick the ball.....

By the way K said his brain was unconditioned by birth.

Sir stick to a point please.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 14 May 2018 #47

. Apparently krishnamurti's teachings are not meant for everyone. Some people become more egotistical in a subtle way. They can't put their personality aside and think or look or do anything.
I am talking from direct experience. Some people merely got words from krishnamurti's teachings. Something he said to be avoided. I make sure that my mind doesn't get carried away with words from K's teachings.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 47 of 47 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)