Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

It is unfortunate when we are in conflict


Displaying all 14 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 #1
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 226 posts in this forum Offline

It is unfortunate when we are in conflict in this forum.

Jack Pine shared a K quote in his thread A Blueprint of Our Lives. The quote was about conflict. He has locked and closed the topic, with he and I ending in conflict in that thread. He did not intend for us to be in conflict. I did not intend for us to be in conflict. Yet we were.

Somehow he and I were responsible for that conflict.

According to the K quote, conflict arises when we seek to escape, when we don't wholly engage. Somehow we didn't fully connect. Therefore we found ourselves in conflict.

It's quite common for there to be conflict here in the forum. Sometimes it is intentional. Someone deliberately tries to antagonize someone else. And sometimes it is unintentional, as I believe our case was.

My hope is that we can discuss without hurting each other, with caring for each other.

If we find ourselves in conflict here, somehow we must try again to renew our respect and friendship, even if we cannot resolve differences.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Tue, 22 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 #2
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4916 posts in this forum Offline

Idiot, you don't discuss. You ramble on with conclusions and theories while missing the point of the subject of the thread. At least you did on the one I started. Also I would not agree with you that the quote I posted was about conflict. It's really about our endless escaping from our lives. There was conflict mentioned in the post but there was so much more being discussed besides conflict. I think I see now why your subsequent posts on that thread were so irrelevant and confused.

Your posts were irrelevant and misleading and not really discussing the quote I posted. I closed the site because you had ignored what K had said and were going off on several tangents that had nothing to do with the quote.

You are free to start your own thread and discuss anything you want. I do hope you show some good judgment and write something relevant.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 23 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 #3
Thumb_3740 richard head United States 248 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Somehow we didn't fully connect.

Somehow? It is quite apparent that when one is concerned about how they feel and completely disregard the reason we are all here, is the disconnect. This has been pointed out, over and over. Yet, people feel deliberately antagonized/offended when these points are made. It's really ironic that the things K talks about, play out in our lives and on this forum, yet folks are completely oblivious.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Tue, 22 Aug 2017 #4
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
Gee thanks Brian for the instant personal analysis. Whatever would I do without you? Aggressive? Not really. I just don't take much nonsense from people. Are you afraid of people who are aggressive Brian?

It just gets so tiresome posting something that K said that one appreciates to have it cluttered with the refuse that Idiot cluttered it with. And Brian since I haven't interacted with you in I don't know when, if ever, why are you holding all these feelings of hatred and bitterness toward someone you don't know? You might want to talk to someone about that.

And Brian I deeply apologize if I scared you off before by interacting with Jean. Life can be so very, very frightening can't it Brian? This is an adult site. You do realize that don't you? Calm down. Everything is OK now.

Jack, you've very unsuccessfully managed to alter the meaning of my post into something else. You deny you're aggressive. Good for you. I wonder, why are you asking me if I'm afraid of people who are aggressive? What's that got to do with anything?
I could go through it point by point if you like even though it's quite late here in the UK.
You ask why I'm holding onto these "feelings of hatred and bitterness" towards someone I don't know. Are you sure they're feelings of hatred and bitterness? Why couldn't they be feelings of sadness and pity?
You weirdly kind of claim that I was frightened by your monumental debates with Jean. They were actually very tiresome - he's gone, what's your excuse? You were 2 halves of the same entity.
Maybe I am frightned of life as you say. Maybe this delicate me shouldn't be on this "adult site". What kind of shit is that? You don't like a proper discussion do you?
You ask why I should have these "feelings of hated and bitterness," if we hadn't any interaction. Well as I remember, we hadn't spoke on the forum, didn't know you at all, but then for no reason you sent me a message about how you'd really like to see me put lots of lipstick all around my arse so it should look nice because that's what I spoke out of. I remember that I replied a bit bewilered and you apologised and said I must have pissed you off.
Look at yourself Jack.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #5
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4916 posts in this forum Offline

Brian Smith wrote:
You ask why I should have these "feelings of hated and bitterness," if we hadn't any interaction. Well as I remember, we hadn't spoke on the forum, didn't know you at all, but then for no reason you sent me a message about how you'd really like to see me put lots of lipstick all around my arse

Brian, it's one thing to use sarcasm and twist what someone has said to fit an insult you have formulated around some statement but to blatantly lie about something someone said is even new for this forum. Brian you know and I know that I never sent any such message to you. It's a disgusting message and I wonder what kind of mind could think it up. Now both you and Mr. Richard "Head" have made remarks about me that infer a sort of homosexual interest in me. Head had a fantasy about me dancing nude and now you present a quote with a disgusting image that I did not send to you or anyone else. Do both of you realize how grossly inappropriate these comments are on a Krishnamurti discussion forum?

And no, I'm not "homophobic" but I am not amused, in fact sickened, by the images and the connected sexual connotations both of you have recently aimed at me. I want you both to know that I am not a homosexual so please look elsewhere. And if you just have to send out offensive messages or propositions to anyone else I suggest you do by personal message and not on the open forum. Show a little decorum and have some respect for this forum. Please.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 23 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #6
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4916 posts in this forum Offline

Brian Smith wrote:
Jack, you've very unsuccessfully managed to alter the meaning of my post into something else. You

If I was unsuccessful Brian you would not have written this last post. Thanks for the confirmation but it wasn't necessary.

Brian Smith wrote:
I wonder, why are you asking me if I'm afraid of people who are aggressive? What's that got to do with anything?

Brian, you're the one who accused me of being aggressive. I was just responding to that. People usually reference things that frighten them. Are you drinking?

And Brian sometimes people, men in particular, are aggressive. Probably partly genetic or excessive testosterone or both. It's nothing to be frightened of or critical of. Being aggressive, I mean really aggressive, has saved my life several times.

I regret being in a situation where my life was threatened because I didn't choose to be in that situation. But I don't regret doing what I had to do to stay alive. Yes I am occasionally aggressive. It's part of life. But, believe me, you have never seen me aggressive. Perhaps emphatic would be a better word for it. I don't regret being that either.

Like I inferred before. If it's too tough for you here there are other discussion sites about many other subjects.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 23 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #7
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack, what you do is what any politician does. You skew the argument and don't respond to the statement made, angle it onto something where you feel you're on safer ground. You twist things. For example in one of your posts above you say that both Richard Head and I have made remarks that infer a homosexual interest in you. A homosexual interest in you. Really? I can only speak for myself and say that that's entirely in your feverish imagination. Where can you see this in my post? How am I signalling this supposed gay attraction? Also you link Richard Head (I don't know him) and myself together, as if we're some kind of team to distract from the point made.
Of course you know that's not true. What you're doing is to pick on a small detail of my post - that isn't actually there - where you know you can defend yourself. Sidetrack it like any public relations person does. Now no one's called you a homosexual - well I certainly haven't. And because you know that no one thinks it anyway you're happy to expound on this wrong that's been done to you. In your replies it's all distraction isn't it?
You did send me that message Jack. Despite all the lipstick stuff it didn't occur to me that it was the gay message that it does to you. I just thought it was you being insulting saying that I speak out of my arse. All this when I hadn't even interacted with you on the forum.
So, about the post, I was talking about your aggression and how you insult people who are posting on the forum - and I wasn't talking about myself. You had the thing with Jean but he's gone so you can't use that excuse for your manner anymore. I kind of fell out of the habit of visiting here yet I come back after a long time and you're still acting in the same way to other people. Thought I'd mention it and got a response back which made all these assumptions about me.
By your post above about aggression saving your life I guess you've had some dangerous times. I appreciate that. I understand why you might feel you need to get your retaliation in first but this is just a forum. You don't need to wrestle crocodiles on here.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #8
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4916 posts in this forum Offline

Brian Smith wrote:
You did send me that message Jack. Despite all the lipstick stuff it didn't occur to me that it was the gay message that it does to you. I just thought it was you being insulting saying that I speak out of my arse. All this when I hadn't even interacted with you on the forum.

You know I didn't say anything about lipstick in connection to any part of your anatomy or say you were speaking from any part of your anatomy. You now need to produce evidence that I did because I categorically deny writing anything about lipstick and speaking from whatever. Brian when you accuse someone of something it's best to have the evidence to back it up.

As far as the rest of your post it's nonsense. Why did you attack me yesterday in the first place? I was not only not aware of who you are but I didn't direct any comment to you at all. You just appeared out of nowhere to pile on when Idiot was haranguing me? What did I do to you to make you come on here and insult me?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 23 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #9
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

I apologise as I just found the message where you talked about my arse and my vacuous comments and I do see that you didn't mention lipstick but lips. I tried but I wasn't able to post it here. Maybe you can do it as you probably have it in you sent box from 03/06/16/.
Also Jack you say I attacked you. This is a forum isn't it? I posted something that even Idiot? said went over his head, but you found this to be an attack? My point was that a thread should meander in it's own way and that it shouldn't be forced along preordained lines. That's not a personal attack.
Idiot? love your posts. I remember you did a brilliant comedy K speech. Please send it to me if you can.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #10
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4916 posts in this forum Offline

Brian I noticed you deleted the post in which you attacked me. I still have my response to your post. You remember the one where you called me aggressive and said that I should seek mental help and on and on. (See my response to your attack below) And now you are changing your tune about what I supposedly wrote to you last year. To tell you the truth I can't remember writing anything to you. I may have but I don't remember.

Jack Pine wrote:
Gee thanks Brian for the instant personal analysis. Whatever would I do without you? Aggressive? Not really. I just don't take much nonsense from people. Are you afraid of people who are aggressive Brian?
It just gets so tiresome posting something that K said that one appreciates to have it cluttered with the refuse that Idiot cluttered it with. And Brian since I haven't interacted with you in I don't know when, if ever, why are you holding all these feelings of hatred and bitterness toward someone you don't know? You might want to talk to someone about that.
And Brian I deeply apologize if I scared you off before by interacting with Jean. Life can be so very, very frightening can't it Brian? This is an adult site. You do realize that don't you? Calm down. Everything is OK now.

The thing is Brian you have just been caught in two lies. You're a liar Brian. You did attack me and removed the post and I never wrote anything as disgusting as you accused me of. Brian, you're disturbed. Please find someone else to harangue and don't do it on the forum. Use personal messages.

I apologize to anyone bored enough to be following this exchange between Brian and myself. None of this should have appeared on the open forum. Personally I'm done.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #11
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack, now this is interesting because I know that I certainly haven't deleted any posts. I've looked on this thread and the other thread I posted on - which I think was "Blueprint of our Lives," which was the one that was locked- was it locked by you Jack?
Now what happened was that I was halfway writing my response to your post above. I'd written my piece with your excellent post included. Now when I was unable to post on that thread I put it onto this one. That's the only reason that the post of yours exists.
If you look on the thread, "Blueprint of our Lives" you'll see that the post of yours that I've reproduced here on this thread - like the one you say I posted - is no longer there. Look at your post, the one you quote above and try and find it. They deleted them both, yours and mine.
Jack, am I disturbed? Probably. Good luck. I really don't want to be nasty. Anyway, I'm off to seek my fortune.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #12
Thumb_3740 richard head United States 248 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Do both of you realize how grossly inappropriate these comments are on a Krishnamurti discussion forum?

Look who's talking. You post more rude personal trash talking than anyone, jeez brother, get a grip.....

I simply made a joke referencing your assertion that this was an "adult forum".

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #13
Thumb_3740 richard head United States 248 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Now both you and Mr. Richard "Head" have made remarks about me that infer a sort of homosexual interest in me.

Sorry old boy, you're not my type. Maybe if you post pic's of yourself in a skirt and heels you might generate interest for your apparent curiosity in an alternative lifestyle.

As for my remark, K told off-color jokes I understand. So it's not totally out of line for me (or anyone) to do so.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Thu, 24 Aug 2017 #14
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jack Pine wrote:
Brian I noticed you deleted the post in which you attacked me. I still have my response to your post. You remember the one where you called me aggressive and said that I should seek mental help and on and on. (See my response to your attack below) And now you are changing your tune about what I supposedly wrote to you last year. To tell you the truth I can't remember writing anything to you. I may have but I don't remember.

Jack Pine wrote:
Gee thanks Brian for the instant personal analysis. Whatever would I do without you? Aggressive? Not really. I just don't take much nonsense from people. Are you afraid of people who are aggressive Brian?
It just gets so tiresome posting something that K said that one appreciates to have it cluttered with the refuse that Idiot cluttered it with. And Brian since I haven't interacted with you in I don't know when, if ever, why are you holding all these feelings of hatred and bitterness toward someone you don't know? You might want to talk to someone about that.
And Brian I deeply apologize if I scared you off before by interacting with Jean. Life can be so very, very frightening can't it Brian? This is an adult site. You do realize that don't you? Calm down. Everything is OK now.

The thing is Brian you have just been caught in two lies. You're a liar Brian. You did attack me and removed the post and I never wrote anything as disgusting as you accused me of. Brian, you're disturbed. Please find someone else to harangue and don't do it on the forum. Use personal messages.

I apologize to anyone bored enough to be following this exchange between Brian and myself. None of this should have appeared on the open forum. Personally I'm done.

Jack, I know the moment has passed and I don't want to carry on arguing with you. I just wanted to say that the post you speak of which you've answered to above wasn't deleted at all and is still there to read on the thread, "Why Don't People Interested in K's Teaching Visit and Post in all Three Threads?" started by Dan McDermott.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Displaying all 14 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)