Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Why don't people interested in K.'s teaching visit and post in all three forums?

Displaying posts 61 - 90 of 123 in total
Sat, 09 Sep 2017 #61
Thumb_3740 richard head United States 235 posts in this forum Offline

Tom Paine wrote:
You brought up the notion of time.

I simply used the words "here" and "now" in the same sentence. I wasn't trying to encourage a belief in something called the here and now.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 #62
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3072 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
The difference is that you accept K's understanding and reject mine. I'm not complaining just pointing out the facts.

Non-facts are what you're pointing to. I don't accept what K said unless I understand it myself. I don't accept or reject yours. It simply not clear what you're saying. That doesn't imply rejection. Why do you even think that? And why does K mostly sound very clear and lucid but you don't? Not trying to disparage you, only stating what I perceive in your messaging compared to what I get from reading K.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 #63

Tom Paine wrote:
. I don't accept what K said unless I understand it myself. I don't accept or reject yours. It simply not clear what you're saying. That doesn't imply rejection.

Tom please, very seriously, you consider what K says to be clear, because you accept/agree with what he says. You (your mind) are not a clear seer, the mind is confused and biased. I am not being personal when I point this out. You do not understand the things K said, otherwise, you would not be playing the knowledge game over and over. Do not take insult/offence at what is being said here.

I beg you to not respond to this but to just look. Things are not what we believe them to be. We have to find a capacity that does not go round in circles while telling us we are on a straight line.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 10 Sep 2017 #64
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3072 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
Tom please, very seriously, you consider what K says to be clear, because you accept/agree with what he says.

No its much more than that. I questioned and doubted much of what he said over my many years of reading, listening to, and watching the talks. Only insight into something he says leads me to say he is clear...'on the money'.

richard head wrote:
Things are not what we believe them to be.

That's one of the few clear points you've made:) Thank you.

richard head wrote:
We have to find a capacity that does not go round in circles while telling us we are on a straight line.

I assume you're referring to thought chasing its tail. I thank you for responding seriously, Richard. And I will consider what you wrote in all seriousness before responding further.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 #65
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 235 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
How are we to approach this ( ? ) in a different way? Can't we all just stand alone/together....here.....now?

Rich Nolet wrote:
What do you mean by that ?

richard head wrote:
Good question. However, I have no response to it.

What is it that we are talking about ?

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Mon, 11 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 11 Sep 2017 #66

richard head wrote:
Are you suggesting that I might add more of the trap of time/knowledge/information, to the discussion?

Or maybe you just add more confusion to the discussion by being unclear and confuse. Those things here are not our day to day life, they are dialogues about our day to day life, isn't it ? Maybe you are confusing dialogue and reality. The content of a dialogue is description, not the reality itself.

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Tue, 12 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #67

Rich Nolet wrote:
The contain of a dialogue is description, not the reality itself.

Because we are at the same understanding on these issues, I can see what you are saying, in spite of our language barriers. But is it effective (language/knowledge) when we have no deeper understanding of lifes (psychological) issues?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #68

Rich Nolet wrote:
Or maybe you just add more confusion to the discussion by being unclear and confuse.

But Rich, isn't this the nature of the path of knowledge? Is it my or your fault? Or is it the misuse of our thinking capacity?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #69

Rich Nolet wrote:

The human mind? ;)

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #70

Tom Paine wrote:
I will consider what you wrote in all seriousness before responding further.

Which is the Intelligent response, yes. Thank you.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #71

richard head wrote:
Because we are at the same understanding on these issues, I can see what you are saying, in spite of our language barriers. But is it effective (language/knowledge) when we have no deeper understanding of lifes (psychological) issues?

No, it isn't effective. But I think it is possible to share, exchange, to listen carefully each other, to dialogue or discuss, as friends.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #72

richard head wrote:
But Rich, isn't this the nature of the path of knowledge? Is it my or your fault? Or is it the misuse of our thinking capacity?

Yes it is. But not your fault or mine. The only fault that we share is the conditioned aspect of our way of thinking. And don't we have to make a difference between knowledge and perception ? I'm not looking for an agreement Richard, I'm just digging.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 12 Sep 2017 #73

richard head wrote:
Rich Nolet wrote:

richard head wrote:
The human mind? ;)

:).....yes.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 #74

Tom Paine wrote:
No its much more than that.

I'm sorry Tom really, but there is no more than that. We must first realize what we are doing, before we will be able to not do it.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 #75

Tom Paine wrote:
Only insight into something he says leads me to say he is clear...'on the money'.

Again, I hate being the bearer of inconvenient news/information, but the "V-8 moment" type of insight is inadequate to the situation.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 #76

Rich Nolet wrote:
But I think it is possible to share, exchange, to listen carefully each other, to dialogue or discuss, as friends.

Ok, over coffee or tea. But other than for pleasure, what has this path to offer? When K said this kind of thing, it was a response to those who came to him in awe, as an idol to be worshiped. It was his way of calming excited/mesmerized people down. It was not a path/method laid down for us to follow/repeat in an effort to achieve something/a goal decades after he was gone.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 #77

Rich Nolet wrote:
And don't we have to make a difference between knowledge and perception ?

Well, certainly we must be able to see a clear and undistorted/unbiased true perception of the fact. For most human minds, is there a difference? I'm not saying there is or isn't, but to be able to see without interpretation will be the first step, it seems.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 13 Sep 2017 #78

richard head wrote:
'm sorry Tom really, but there is no more than that. We must first realize what we are doing, before we will be able to not do it.

There you go again, telling people you know better than they do, what their own experience is. I give up!

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 #79

richard head wrote:
Rich Nolet wrote:

But I think it is possible to share, to exchange, to listen carefully each other, to dialogue or discuss, as friends.

richard head wrote:
Ok, over coffee or tea. But other than for pleasure, what has this path to offer? When K said this kind of thing, it was a response to those who came to him in awe, as an idol to be worshiped. It was his way of calming excited/mesmerized people down. It was not a path/method laid down for us to follow/repeat in an effort to achieve something/a goal decades after he was gone.

Now you really are condescending, patronising, excuse me. What I said is exactly what you are trying to do: share , exchange, listen; dialogue and discuss.

I hear you Richard, it is unworthy for you. Though I hope it is for your friends and family; with or without a coffee , and not just for fun .

And your interpretations of what K. had in mind is simply ridiculous, sorry. In fact, it have anything to do with him.

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Thu, 14 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 14 Sep 2017 #80
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1040 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
But I think it is possible to share, exchange, to listen carefully each other, to dialogue or discuss, as friends.

Hi Rich,

I'd rather say it's possible, but even among friends there are jokers who hang out the pias by playing it's not understandable or knowing better.
Unfortunately, a mutilating phenomenon on the forum,
by figures depicting under a different name, or not.

Fortunately, we are able to take this seriously or not.

A nice connection to the QOTD:
"I can not lead you to truth, nor can anyone else;
you have to discover it every moment of the day when you are living."

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day | Sep 14, 2017

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Thu, 14 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 #81

Tom Paine wrote:
telling people you know better than they do, what their own experience is.

Krishnamurti would tell you the human experience is common to all, you are not special. Though the authority of knowledge tells you that your experience is special/different.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 #82

Rich Nolet wrote:
And your interpretations of what K. had in mind is simply ridiculous,

Thanks for sharing.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 16 Sep 2017 #83

richard head wrote:
Krishnamurti would tell you the human experience is common to all, you are not special. Though the authority of knowledge tells you that your experience is special/different.

Thanks for sharing . Though you are just repeating what someone else allegedly told.

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Sun, 17 Sep 2017.

Sat, 16 Sep 2017 #84

richard head wrote:
Tom Paine wrote:

telling people you know better than they do, what their own experience is.

Your response is totally unrelated to what I was talking about,Richard. Possibly a knee jerk reaction on your part.

Let it Be

Sun, 17 Sep 2017 #85

Tom Paine wrote:
Your response is totally unrelated to what I was talking about

It relates directly to what you said.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 #86

Rich Nolet wrote:
Though you are just repeating what someone else allegedly told.

I will grant that the vast majority of posts on these forums, is that.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 17 Sep 2017 #87

richard head wrote:
Tom Paine wrote:

Your response is totally unrelated to what I was talking about
It relates directly to what you said.

Perhaps you responded to the words, but didn't understand the context in which I wrote them. Who knows? I'm not going to go back and read the messages over. I know exactly what I meant, but you don't(perhaps I expressed myself poorly). I have no desire to continue with this. No offense intended.

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Sun, 17 Sep 2017.

Tue, 19 Sep 2017 #88

Tom Paine wrote:
I'm not going to go back and read the messages over.

no need indeed, as there is only information/knowledge to be found there.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 19 Sep 2017 #89

Tom Paine wrote:
No offense intended.

None taken.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 20 Sep 2017 #90
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4908 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
He sent me an uninvited rude and personal PM also. I asked what was the state of mind that would behave in this manner. That really set him off.

You are such a whinny sissy. And you like to pile on guys that others are already "attacking". If you had a problem with me before say so. Don't wait until others start the fight and run up and kick a guy.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 20 Sep 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 61 - 90 of 123 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)