Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Bible study

Displaying all 15 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 11 Apr 2017 #1
Thumb_stringio randall merryman United States 3832 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Where we all sit around, reciting verse and chapter, in a pleasant atmosphere always carrying the word on our lips (but never in our heart), hoping and praying some "good" changes will come about in our lives. Good comradeship and insights and understandings aplenty, we carry on day after day for what seems an eternity.........

Stuff happens

This post was last updated by randall merryman (account deleted) Fri, 14 Apr 2017.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Sun, 06 Aug 2017 #2
Thumb_3740 richard head United States 235 posts in this forum Offline

randall merryman wrote:
Where we all sit around, reciting verse and chapter,

This seems at least as relevant as a Trump discussion, or someone patting themselves on the back for feeling extra special.

This post was last updated by richard head Sun, 06 Aug 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 23 Aug 2017 #3
Thumb_9204480_n03 French Touch France 45 posts in this forum Offline

Did someone have try to get into Jordan B. Paterson series?
https://jordanbpeterson.com/bible-series/ (Podcast & youtube)

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Oct 2017 #4
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 4908 posts in this forum Offline

richard head wrote:
This seems at least as relevant as a Trump discussion, or someone patting themselves on the back for feeling extra special.

Not only did you take the lead post in this thread as an opportunity to dig at someone but you also seem to be minimizing the disaster to the US and the world that the despicable subhuman Trump represents. Sometimes, at least in your case, it is just too hard not being a pig isn't Dick?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #5

Jack Pine wrote:
a pig isn't Dick?

Since we are on a Krishnamurti discussion forum, what this person had to say, seemed at least as relevant as people expressing their opinion.

Please mind your manners Jack. It's childish and immature to call people names and be rude in public.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #6

So Mr. D, "are you a good witch, or a bad witch"? ;)

This post was last updated by richard head Tue, 03 Oct 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #7

richard head wrote:
Since we are on a Krishnamurti discussion forum, what this person had to say, seemed at least as relevant as people expressing their opinion.

This isn't the point and is basically, like most of your posts, irrelevant. The point was that you came on this thread and criticized someone for commenting on Trump and then added a comment about someone patting themselves on the back. I have no idea where that came from. Why were these comments necessary or how were they relevant to the thread? You didn't call anyone a name but you made disparaging remarks about someone. It's basically the same thing. Do you see your hypocrisy?

Why was it necessary to make those comments? The comments you responded to weren't aimed at you or about you. It seems you were just cruising looking for a fight. That's why I called you a pig.

I suggest you mind your manners as well. Quit being a jerk. If you have something to say that's pertinent then say it. If you have a criticism of someone then don't be namby-pamby about it. Speak up or shut up.

As for Trump we need to not only discuss what he represents we need to see what he is. Among other things he is the living, breathing opposite of all K talked about that was beautiful about life. Trump is probably the most disgusting human being any of us have ever had the misfortune to come across.

Are you a Trump fan Dick? Did I offend you by speaking out about him?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #8

Jack Pine wrote:
Quit being a jerk.

Sorry bro, I simply cannot relate to your painful imbiclity any longer.

Get over your self, if you can.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Oct 2017 #9

Jack Pine wrote:
Did I offend you by speaking out about him?

The people have been dominated/controlled by the commerce-religious-political/military classes from the beginning of organized civilization. This relationship is the reason for organized civilization. Get a grip on reality Jack, before you try to impose your will/opinion on others.

I got over the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat in the political realm, years ago. I suggest you do the same.

Having said that, the peoples right to agitate for a bigger slice of the pie should be recognized. However, sitting comfortably at home and expressing angry beliefs/opinions over the internet is a weak position. Putting ones body on the line like the labor movement in the early 20th century and the black movements in the 50's and 60's and others, is the only position of strength and rightness.

I still follow football though, go Rams!!

This post was last updated by richard head Wed, 04 Oct 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #10

richard head wrote:
Sorry bro, I simply cannot relate to your painful imbiclity any longer.

First you write the above which is your way of avoiding an intelligent response to my questions above. Next you proceed to write another post further relating to me. Something you said you weren't going to do. A contradiction. Also you are basically calling me an imbecile when above you said it's "childish and immature" (a redundant statement) to call people names. You seem to be badly confused and inconsistent. By the way you misspelled imbecility.

Not yet satisfied with your rambling response to one of my posts you write a long, confused paragraph that is based on nothing I wrote and doesn't make a lot of sense on it's own. Then you cap the whole confused post with a proclamation that you are a football fan as if that's pertinent to anything. Who cares if you are a football fan or not? What possible relevancy do you see that statement having? And lastly, who is being the imbecile?

You appear to be Trump supporter. At least you haven't denied it when given the opportunity. Being a Trump supporter is the only reason I can see for you making a comment about someone posting something about Trump.

Can't you see what Trump is? Can you not see that Trump is the very antithesis of K? Why are you even here? Nothing you write seems to be about something K pointed out. Most of what you write is critical of what others have written. And I'm not just talking about what I write.

So we can keep haranguing each other or we can find a way to communicate without the rancor. Or, failing that, we can just not communicate at all. Which do you prefer?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 04 Oct 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #11
Thumb_77 Ken D United States 19 posts in this forum Offline

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #12

Jack Pine wrote:
Nothing you write seems to be about something K pointed out.

Everything I write either directly relates to something K pointed out or directly to what someone here has posted.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #13

Jack Pine wrote:
we can just not communicate at all.

Other than your opinion or some emotional outburst, what is it you wish to communicate?

Find out what K says about communication. Very helpful learning a new skill-set, not very helpful in the spiritual/philosophical area of human endeavor.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #14

Jack Pine wrote:
You appear to be Trump supporter.

Did you even read anything I wrote Jack? I don't play the political ponies. Didn't like Hillary, didn't like Trump and Bernie had no chance.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Oct 2017 #15

So once again Dick you have ignored my questions, especially the last one, in favor of defending yourself against a perceived attack. You apparently prefer rancor over communication. Given the choice, as you were, you apparently chose to continue with your stream of anger. And yes I have read things you have written. I now know you are a football fan. And that statement of yours was probably the most coherent thing you have written.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 15 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)