Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Rule # 5

This topic is locked.

Displaying all 29 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 10 May 2016 #1
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5493 posts in this forum Offline

Jean, you like to point out when others violate the rules. Yet it is you who most frequently violate those rules. Case in point is Rule 5 which reads:

Balance. In the interest of not having the forum dominated by particular points of view, be conscious of the number and size of posts you make in forum in any given day or week.

Jean you presently have five threads going on this forum. None of them are saying anything. Few of them are being responded to except to point out your inaccuracies or contradictions. The only other active thread was locked because of the controversy you started.

Management: Is this Jean Gatti's forum to use and abuse as he sees fit? Can we have a little restraint from Jean?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Tue, 10 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #2
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #3

max greene wrote:
Why didn't you bring up this issue when Davidson was dominating the forum? That was a real problem, beside which this is not a problem at all.

Paul never dominated the forum like Jean has in the past and is doing right now. And besides Paul often had something worth reading. Jean doesn't. And I think a lot of people would agree with that.

Max why isn't this a problem with Jean dominating the forum and Paul was a problem according to you? More subjective conclusions Max?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #4
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Pavil wasn't the nicest person in the world though, was he?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #5

Brian Smith wrote:
Pavil wasn't the nicest person in the world though, was he?

Neither is Jean but that's not the point. The point is one person should not be dominating this forum or any forum. And like I said Paul's level of discussion, whether you agreed with or not, was a great deal higher than Jean's elementary school patter which any honest person will admit is often confused, contorted, self-serving, didactic, conflicted and flatly mistaken.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #6

Jack Pine wrote:
Neither is Jean but that's not the point. The point is one person should not be dominating this forum or any forum. And like I said Paul's level of discussion, whether you agreed with or not, was a great deal higher than Jean's elementary school patter which any honest person will admit is often confused, contorted, self-serving, didactic, conflicted and flatly mistaken.

Yes, I'd like to take back my comment.

This post was last updated by Brian Smith (account deleted) Tue, 10 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #7
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

max greene wrote:
And he had a penchant for ridicule, snide comments, misquoting, twisting, like no other forum participant before or since

Purposely derailing threads and ridiculing others for his own amusement. I wouldn't put Jean in the same category...not by a long shot.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #8
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

max greene wrote:
This forum still suffers the consequences of enabling his conduct.

No doubt. Not for the faint of heart when Paul was slinging his sh*t.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #9

Tom Paine wrote:
Purposely derailing threads and ridiculing others for his own amusement. I wouldn't put Jean in the same category...not by a long shot.

But Jean did this exactly with his comment about a comment I made on B's thread about Mary Z's book. She warned everyone that if the conversation deteriorated she would close the site. Jean put his snide comment on "for his own amusement" and bam! The thread closed.

Tom, I suspect you have a soft spot for special needs people but this site is not for special needs people to come and receive sympathy or therapy. This is a K discussion site.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Tue, 10 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 May 2016 #10

Thanks Max for deleting your posts which were derailing this thread.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #11
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

"Awareness is that state of choicelessness, because if you want to understand something you must not condemn or identify, it must tell you its story." (K)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 11 May 2016 #12
Thumb_patricia_1_2016_copy Patricia Hemingway Australia 1913 posts in this forum Offline

The General Discussion forum has recently become the Jean Gatti Show. It was only a matter of time before someone pointed it out.

The Jean Gatti Show is very tedious. This little black duck avoids it completely.

Wed, 11 May 2016 #13

Why make such a storm in a cup of tea ?

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Wed, 11 May 2016.

Wed, 11 May 2016 #14
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 774 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote: (quoting Rule 5)
Balance. In the interest of not having the forum dominated by particular points of view, be conscious of the number and size of posts you make in forum in any given day or week.

It might seem strange that we need rules here. As far as I can see, the forum rules are just common sense. We talk a lot about awareness. Can we turn our awareness to Rule 5 and observe it in the interest of fostering debate and participation?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #15
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1332 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:

Don't you understand Jean, they love you sooo much by feeding your ego.;-)

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Wed, 11 May 2016 #16

Wim Opdam wrote:
Don't you understand Jean, they love you sooo much by feeding your ego.;-)

Yes, it must be love :-)

Love is all you need.

Why resist 'what is' ?

Wed, 11 May 2016 #17

Sean Hen wrote:
It might seem strange that we need rules here.

Well you probably don't know the history of this forum Sean :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Wed, 11 May 2016 #18
Thumb_stringio b. teulada Portugal 495 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jean Gatti wrote:

how does "what is" suddenly become a "storm in a cup of tea"? Or does "what is" become "a storm in a cup of tea" when "what is" no longer suits you?

whatch those continuous inconsistencies Jean. They are the direct result of the most deep-seated dualism of the mind i have observed around here.

This post was last updated by b. teulada (account deleted) Wed, 11 May 2016.

Wed, 11 May 2016 #19

b. teulada wrote:
how does "what is" suddenly become a "storm in a cup of tea"?

Well very simple, the storm IS 'what is' presently ... it is a resistance to 'what is' ... and this very resistance becomes 'what is' ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Wed, 11 May 2016.

Wed, 11 May 2016 #20

Jean you are not addressing the issue. Of course you never do. Not with yourself and not with others on this forum. The fact is that you post way more than anyone else and say way less. By that I mean that what you do write on here, for the most part, is just things you have made up. Ideas based on your misunderstanding of what you have read.

I know your ego demands that you keep posting and trying to convince others that you are an authority but the game is over. It was over really before it started. No one accepts you the way you see yourself. No one accepts you as their authority on anything.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #21
Thumb_stringio b. teulada Portugal 495 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Jean Gatti wrote:
Well very simple, the storm IS 'what is' presently ... it is a resistance to 'what is' ... and this very resistance becomes 'what is' ...

all right Jean, let's pretend that the above means anything; even so, surely you yourself must see that it takes the word "lame" to the next level ....

Wed, 11 May 2016 #22
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
The Jean Gatti Show is very tedious.

Tediousness indicates a lack of understanding. For the person who is aware, nothing is tedious, nothing is repetitious. Awareness is movement and the forever new.

max

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #23

max greene wrote:
Tediousness indicates a lack of understanding. For the person who is aware, nothing is tedious, nothing is repetitious. Awareness is movement and the forever new.

Max, you're starting to sound like Jean. It appears that there is nothing said that cannot be twisted and misconstrued into something you want it to be. Don't go down that road.

Wed, 11 May 2016 #24

max greene wrote:

Max, come on. How long can you look at a brick wall before boredom sets in? Imagine you've got a choice, you can look at the brick wall on your left, or the naked woman on your right. If I really had no preference, I don't know I'd ever want to be that aware.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #25
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

There is tediousness only in stopping and repetition. Awareness is neither repetitive nor does it stop. Once awareness stops, we have memory and the repetition of memory.

Sorry to vary from the topic, Jack and Brian. You should not have replied to my post.

max

This post was last updated by max greene Wed, 11 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #26

I wonder why the one forum that Jean hasn't dominated is the one that's solely concerned with him. Council for the defence please.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 May 2016 #27

max greene wrote:

Absolutely so Max ... nothing ever repeats itself ... the only thing which is permanent is change itself ... and you never bathe twice in the same river ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Wed, 11 May 2016 #28

Brian Smith wrote:
Imagine you've got a choice, you can look at the brick wall on your left, or the naked woman on your right.

What looks at the wall and what looks at the woman are exactly the same presence ... stay with this presence ... and you never get bored ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Wed, 11 May 2016 #29

max greene wrote:
Sorry to vary from the topic, Jack and Brian. You should not have replied to my post.

Or, Max, OR you should not have post it in the first place. Don't you see how you are proclaiming "truth" instead of discussing?

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 29 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)