Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Was the world ready for K ?

Displaying posts 31 - 39 of 39 in total
Fri, 13 May 2016 #31
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1379 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Well in theory it might sound good but the reality is this: How long can you stay in an elevator with someone who is continually passing gas? On purpose.

I'd rather not consider that.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 13 May 2016 #32
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

Ignore Jean's posts if they stink so badly. If no one responded by pouring gasoline on the fire, the flame would probably die out. Jack responds, and then Jean feels HE must respond, and back and forth it goes. Perhaps they should agree to not reply to one another's posts. That should help somewhat, I would think.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 13 May 2016 #33
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

Tom Paine wrote:
Ignore Jean's posts if they stink so badly. If no one responded by pouring gasoline on the fire, the flame would probably die out. Jack responds, and then Jean feels HE must respond, and back and forth it goes. Perhaps they should agree to not reply to one another's posts. That should help somewhat, I would think.

OK, so how about you taking your own advice and ignore his more unhinged posts instead of trying to explain to him the errors of his reasoning? It takes more than just one person to ignore irrationality for what you suggest to be effective.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 13 May 2016 #34
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Tom Paine wrote:
Jack responds, and then Jean feels HE must respond, and back and forth it goes. Perhaps they should agree to not reply to one another's posts.

Jack's responses came after a long period of Jack's silences. The Jack and Jean show has only started recently. For a long time Jack hasn't been appearing on the forum. I think Jack's doing a quite an honourable thing. He's quite happy to be banned if Jean is. Jean doesn't seem so keen.
Posters are saying that the simple answer to an overbearing poster is to just ignore their posts. The thing is that that's been exactly what's happening, no one's been been posting whatsoever. They're not just ignoring the posts, they're ignoring the whole forum.
I reckon that this whole matter can be sorted out. All it takes is for one man to realise "what is."

This post was last updated by Brian Smith (account deleted) Fri, 13 May 2016.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 14 May 2016 #35
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

Can we all see from this discussion how we are fighting 'what is' ?

Why not listen to the words of wisdom and just "Let it be" ?

... an old melody coming to my ears now :-)

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sat, 14 May 2016 #36

Brian Smith wrote:
I think Jack's doing a quite an honourable thing. He's quite happy to be banned if Jean is.

Reminds me the story of those twin sisters ... one was very kind and the other was evil ... one day a fairy came for their birthday, and the fairy told the evil sister "What would you like for your birthday, anything you ask I will give to you, but as your sister has been so kind, I will give her twice as much" ...

the evil sister asked "Take off one of my eyes"

Why resist 'what is' ?

This post was last updated by Jean Gatti Sat, 14 May 2016.

Sat, 14 May 2016 #37
Thumb_stringio Brian Smith United Kingdom 212 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Nice story Jean.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 15 May 2016 #38

Brian Smith wrote:
Jean, forum's need prolific posters, the more you post the better, but the problem is you don't engage. When there's a response to you you're evasive - you won't answer. What's the use in that?

Some answers you have to find yourself Brian ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 15 May 2016 #39

Wise words Jean.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 31 - 39 of 39 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)