Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Public

Displaying all 12 posts
Page 1 of 1
Wed, 02 Mar 2016 #1
Thumb_farside0411 m christani United States 262 posts in this forum Offline

I have often wondered about this: this is a public site- anyone searching "Krishnamurti" can come to this forum with a keystroke. It's public. Do we have a responsibility in this respect? What would an average person interested in K think if he came upon this forum and poked around? It's something to think about; it gives a different perspective. Just a thought...

mike

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 02 Mar 2016 #2
Thumb_photo_jg4 Jean Gatti Belgium 8638 posts in this forum Offline

m christani wrote:
What would an average person interested in K think if he came upon this forum and poked around?

He would see some posters insulting others, use violence when contradicted, willing to protect their self image and 'respectability', so reactive and emotional etc ... then he might think "what is the use of all those teachings for getting so poor results" ...

... and he would be right to think so ...

Why resist 'what is' ?

Wed, 02 Mar 2016 #3
Thumb_farside0411 m christani United States 262 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
He would see some posters insulting others, use violence when contradicted, willing to protect their self image and 'respectability', so reactive and emotional etc ... then he might think "what is the use of all those teachings for getting so poor results" ...

... and he would be right to think so ...

That's what I mean. If we see this as 'public domain', we might get a different perspective. It's not an 'Old Boy's Club', it represents K's teachings in some ways. It's more serious. Again, it's just a thought to consider.

mike

Wed, 02 Mar 2016 #4
Thumb_avatar Ravi Seth India 1573 posts in this forum Offline

Jean Gatti wrote:
he might think "what is the use of all those teachings for getting so poor results" ...

Could you kindly explain what kind of results you have in mind ?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 02 Mar 2016 #5
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5643 posts in this forum Offline

A person visiting this site would see some of the most confused, ignorant interpretations of what K said that one could possibly imagine.

My recommendation to anyone visiting this site is that they read and watch the videos of K and find out for themselves. Not just watch a couple of YouTube videos. Don't believe anything anyone is saying on here. Find out for yourself.

And especially do not listen to the incoherent ramblings of serial posters who seem to reply to nearly every statement everyone makes on here. Especially avoid the few posters on here who come not to discuss but to instruct others with their confused, repetitious and ignorant interpretations of what K pointed out.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Wed, 02 Mar 2016 #6
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Don't believe anything anyone is saying on here.

Right. Including the collected works of Krishnamurti.

In other words, don't believe anything, not even what you, yourself, think. Look into everything without stopping for "authority," if you would find truth. What Krishnamurti had to say should be the starting point of investigation, not the ending with authority and belief.

max

This post was last updated by max greene Wed, 02 Mar 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 03 Mar 2016 #7

max greene wrote:

Max, you certainly have a right to express your own opinions but please don't interpret mine. I don't think we are saying the same thing in your post here and post#5 above.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 03 Mar 2016 #8

Jack Pine wrote:

max greene wrote

Max, you certainly have a right to express your own opinions but please don't interpret mine. I don't think we are saying the same thing in your post here and post #5 above. I'm talking about the people on this forum who constantly post their opinions about what K pointed out and are obviously mistaken. I'm saying don't believe what anyone else is saying about K. They probably don't know.

This is not the same as saying don't believe what K pointed out. It is, or should be, understood that K is not dictating dogma when he points things out. Therefore K is not expecting anyone to accept what he says blindly.It should also be understood that it is up to each person to understand for themselves what K is pointing out.

In my post I wasn't talking about K I was talking about self-described experts who post on this forum and are constantly trying to tell the rest of us what K is saying. They don't know.

Thu, 03 Mar 2016 #9
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 854 posts in this forum Offline

m christani wrote:
What would an average person interested in K think if he came upon this forum and poked around?

Hi Mike. Maybe there would be some surprise that there is so much certainty and a relative lack of questioning.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 03 Mar 2016 #10
Thumb_original_avatar max greene United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

Jack,

I was not interpreting, I was expanding on what you said. You said not to believe what anyone was posting. I said not to believe what Krishnamurti said, as well.

max

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #11

max greene wrote:
I was not interpreting, I was expanding on what you said.

Interpreting, expansion, whatever. I don't really need you to do that to what I post because what you wrote is not what I was pointing to. Leave K out of it. I was referring only to posters on this forum. What the posters say is NOT the same thing, nor should it be taken the same way, as what K said.

I'll give you an example. When Einstein said something about gravity that's not the same thing as, let's say, a parrot saying something about gravity. I would listen to Einstein differently than to the parrot because Einstein was a serious person who dealt with what he knew and not what others had said first and he pretended to understand himself.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 04 Mar 2016.

Fri, 04 Mar 2016 #12

Sean Hen wrote:
Hi Mike. Maybe there would be some surprise that there is so much certainty and a relative lack of questioning.

Sean, this is one of the more intelligent things I have read on this forum for awhile. I think you nailed it precisely.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 04 Mar 2016.

Displaying all 12 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)