Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Consciousness

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 143 in total
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #1
Thumb_img_0209 Victor C Hunter United States 58 posts in this forum Offline

We are occupied with one little corner of consciousness which is most of our life; the rest, which we call the subconscious, with all its motives, its fears, its racial and inherited qualities, we do not even know how to get into. Now I am asking you, is there such a thing as the subconscious at all? J Krishnamurti, Freedom From the Known, page 29.

The subject of consciousness and all of it's divisions seems to have popped up on this forum several times lately. Don't we as humans tend to fragment everything and label each piece with words instead of looking at the whole?

I sincerely hope that no one responds in writing to this post. I am not interested in snap judgements or opinions pulled out of thin air or the furthering of agendas. I am interested in consciousness and I certainly don't need to be here in order to attend to that interest. It stands by itself. I just wonder if Krishnamurti, or at least what Krishnamurti had to say, can be the center of attention here? At least some of the time?

This post was last updated by Victor C Hunter Sat, 18 Aug 2012.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #2
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Victor C Hunter wrote:
I just wonder if a forum set up to discuss, or at least contemplate what Krishnamurti had to say, can be the center of attention here? At least some of the time?

You're asking if this forum can be the center of attention of this forum?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #3

lidlo lady wrote:
You're asking if this forum can be the center of attention of this forum?

You're right. The statement was garbled and not clear at all. I hope my revisions have improved on the clarity.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #4
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Victor C Hunter wrote:
I just wonder if Krishnamurti, or at least what Krishnamurti had to say, can be the center of attention here? At least some of the time?

What makes you think it isn't? Everything I say addresses his teachings. Which one of us isn't talking about "what Krishnamurti had to say"?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #5

lidlo lady wrote:
What makes you think it isn't? Everything I say addresses his teachings.

Excuse me. Are you the spokesperson for the site? And do you assume that everything posted on this site is addressed to you?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 4 readers
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #6
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Victor C Hunter wrote:
I sincerely hope that no one responds in writing to this post.

If you were sincere in that hope you would have locked the post. No Victor, you have written in the voice of someone on a high horse.

But here's a question for you: What do you think came first, the fragmentation of mind into a conscious part and an unconscious part OR the naming of it as such?

Also, you say that we label the part INSTEAD OF examining the whole. I do not recognise this statement as valid in respect to the division of the mind into the conscious and the unconscious, which is a factual division. Justify your statement with facts.

With regard to the K quote, do you believe in the existance of a "racial subconscious," a Jungian idea that K seems to have attached to (there are many quotes on this)?

"The ego is first and foremost a body ego." S. Freud

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #7
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Paul Davidson wrote:
No Victor, you have written in the voice of someone on a high horse.

Relax Victor, it's ok, the pain will subside in a few moments. Take a few deep breaths, as soon as you regain consciousness. You have just been hit with 2/3 of "team knucklehead". Diamond Dave H, will be along shortly (the other 1/3) with a few low blows (pun intended) to try to finish you off. This is how they operate, Lidlo confronts you with a little logic (very little) then Paul smothers you with what at first glance, seems to be a powerful arguement (holds water like a sieve), and then like I said, Dave will appear and hurl personal insults with uncanny precision. If you have any nude photos of yourself floating around the internet, run!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 4 readers
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #8
Thumb_stringio Paul Davidson United Kingdom 3659 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

randal patrick wrote:
If you have any nude photos of yourself floating around the internet, run!

"Paranoia runs deep. Into your mind it will creep." (Buffalo Springfield)

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #9
Thumb_stringio randal patrick United States 3155 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Paul Davidson wrote:
Paranoia runs deep. Into your mind it will creep.

Just beacuse I'm paranoid, doesn't mean you aren't out to get me.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #10
Thumb_stringio Katy 9 United Kingdom 1197 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Victor C Hunter wrote:
I just wonder if Krishnamurti, or at least what Krishnamurti had to say, can be the center of attention here? At least some of the time?

All my discussion threads bear K's teachings in mind - are relevant. Not that I have committed them to memory, Victor.

The action of importing quotes is not necessary; it can be just going through the motions of communicating with one another with Krishnamurti as our plaudit if I can put it this way?

Regards, Katy

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #11
Thumb_baboon-9186 dave h United Kingdom 1165 posts in this forum Offline

randal patrick wrote:
Relax Victor, it's ok, the pain will subside in a few moments. Take a few deep breaths, as soon as you regain consciousness. You have just been hit with 2/3 of "team knucklehead".

I thought we were on the same team Rando? :(

Dave will appear and hurl personal insults with uncanny precision. If you have any nude photos of yourself floating around the internet, run!

And thanks for admitting my insults are uncannily precise Randal.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #12

Victor C Hunter wrote:
Excuse me. Are you the spokesperson for the site? And do you assume that everything posted on this site is addressed to you?

If I may state the obvious, unless you're addressing someone in particular, "everything posted on this site is addressed to" the reader.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #13

dave humphrey wrote:
And thanks for admitting my insults are uncannily precise Randal.

Your aim (below the belt), not the content. And pull down your skirt, your pride is showing.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #14

randal patrick wrote:
Your aim (below the belt), not the content.

Thanks for admitting my ability to precisely to hit the mark is uncanny.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #15

randal patrick wrote:
And pull down your skirt, your pride is showing.

Pull up your panties, your @$$ is showing.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #16

randal patrick wrote:
Relax Victor, it's ok, the pain will subside in a few moments. Take a few deep breaths, as soon as you regain consciousness.

Well as they say in the U.S., you don't know jack.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #17

dave humphrey wrote:
you don't know jack

Would that be jack shit or Jack Pine?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #18

Paul Davidson wrote:

What's the difference?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 18 Aug 2012 #19

lidlo lady wrote:
What's the difference?

JACK SHIT?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #20

This is so obvious to most of you that it hardly needs to be said but I'm going to say it anyway.

Look what happened to this topic. The same thing happens to most topics on this forum. Somebody begins with a post and then the same three or four people, more or less, come in and try to start an argument. It usually is successful and you end up with a bunch of posts that are garbage like you see above.

There are a few people, probably, on this forum who are serious to a degree. But if you are really serious about understanding yourself and if you are interested in what Krishnamurti pointed out I think you would be better off not being here. But like everything else each person has to figure that out for themselves.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #21
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Paul Davidson wrote:

No..no...no..remember everything and everything revolves around you..Jack Off!

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #22

Victor C Hunter wrote:
Somebody begins with a post and then the same three or four people, more or less, come in and try to start an argument.

This doesn't always happen, Victor.

You might prefer to write to the 'Experimenter's Corner' where there is tight moderation. I don't know. Katy

This post was last updated by Katy 9 (account deleted) Sun, 19 Aug 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #23
Thumb_stringio Auré Lien France 47 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Victor, is not violence coming about, when the object of desire vanishes, or disappears, or has been suppressed?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #24

Dear Victor,

Why did you lock the topic you started called 'Violence'?

Is it connected in some way to your points made here about discussions being scuppered by arguments? Katy

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #25

Katy 9 wrote:
Dear Victor,

Why did you lock the topic you started called 'Violence'?

He's putting us on. The idea of someone named "Victor" being beyond violence is funny.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #26

V for victory. Yay!

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #27

Would Victor Hunter be related to Light Hunter?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #28

Victor C Hunter wrote:
Look what happened to this topic. The same thing happens to most topics on this forum. Somebody begins with a post and then the same three or four people, more or less, come in and try to start an argument. It usually is successful and you end up with a bunch of posts that are garbage like you see above.

The thing is, big guy, you start off a topic with "garbage" like this: "I sincerely hope that no one responds in writing to this post." Don't expect others to clean up the mess you started for you. You don't want a response in writing? Will images do? Shall we communicate using some sort of psychic insight?

"I am interested in consciousness and I certainly don't need to be here in order to attend to that interest."
No one is forcing you to attend. No one is telling you you need to be here. Feel free to head off somewhere else where everyone agrees with you.

This post was last updated by dave h Sun, 19 Aug 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 19 Aug 2012 #29

dave humphrey wrote:
No one is forcing you to attend. No one is telling you you need to be here. Feel free to head off somewhere else where everyone agrees with you.

He's learning from me how it's more worthwhile to speak to a hostile audience than to shmooze with like-minded dummies.

This post was last updated by lidlo lady (account deleted) Sun, 19 Aug 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Aug 2012 #30
Thumb_stringio Nouna Cairns France 11 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

lidlo lady wrote:
He's learning from me

All the reader of this forum can learn from you is the correct US & Canadian English spelling.... But not all of it... You have to improve in fact.. hehehe....

All the rest is rubbish...

Why do you write about open minds ?? Open yours first.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 143 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)