Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future.

Displaying posts 571 - 600 of 743 in total
Tue, 03 Jul 2012 #571
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

The idea behind holy thread worn by most people(bramins) in India is that the thread is supposed to remind the indiviual that: the individual is to be aware of his own being.It is made to hang on the shoulders of the individual sybolically, as the individual is physically always awre of his live organic body.Infact he is to be mentally in contact with mantra assocaited with thread.It is all designed to be such a mental workout,the individual always has the self -knowldge at every instant.This merely covers the spritual aspect of the indiviual withregard to thread, there are many aspects involving proffesional practice where thread plays prominet role.Leaving the preffesional aspect,the main purpose of the thread is that it must lead the individual to the self-knowldge .This appears most idealistic and rigid.And yet there are several people who followed this and beleived that they lived spiritually.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 03 Jul 2012 #572

Does this(posting#571) have any relevence to the quote of today , that is third July 2012?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Jul 2012 #573

The influence of family is profound.Normally people take pride in their family reputation.Almost no body lets it fall through unless there is some fall out among its members.A simple gathering of family whose members are scattered over the place, would always be an occation for enjoyment for it members.But if the gathering is under the influence of rigid ritual where the members would hardly have any freedom to think otherwise,would on the long run fallout of their spontanious acceptance of patrticipation.The rigidity is in traditional rituals.Around this rigidity there is the influence of few members of the family over the others, which divids the members psychologically, which may not appear as physical division.It is sentiment, ideal of an enlightened family back ground at abstract level(unconscious) and mental conflicts,pride,prejudice,and feeling of hurt at the actual level(conscious) are at logger heads.It is the process of bridging the gap between them that we try to solve our problems by( mentally/psychologically)managing/manupulation which often produce contridictory results.Basically the family influence does the damage,where actually we take pride in it for our own protection and security.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Jul 2012 #574

It was six in the evening when the poster went for a walk.There was cool breez blowing from the southwest side, the complete vegitation was swinging in tune with the swing of the waves of the breez.The live vegitation surrundered its complete gaite to the moment of the wind,but never broke its structure,and never appeared either frightened of it or complained of anything,all the same looked joyfull.But there was dried up vegitation which stationed along with live greenary.The same wind was influencing them but with no moment,they stood erect like an iron electrical poles.They did not break themselves because the wind went soft with vegitation.The feilds were full of life and energitic because live vegitation responded to the call of the cool winds.

The poster did observe a dead vegitation swinging which was besides green. Went near to it ,observed it. It was attched to green.Poster separated it from the vegitation, it lost its moment.The huge dead vegitation which did move, its movement was not as plaible as it was with the live vegitation.

When the mind is preoccupied with several thoughts of past,and no space for freshness from the awareness,when wind of life blows,mind seems to be under the pressure to break its own writ.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Fri, 06 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 10 Jul 2012 #575

How many of us really feel that we are ignorant of our own selves?How many of us feel that process of identification is mechenical habit with us?When this whole processes of identification,influence, and intuition are themselves create ignorance of oneself instantly,is there any why to know that one is ignorant?It appears that it has no beginning.Is there an end for it?Can one really discern oneself that easily?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 11 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #576
Thumb_417412_234781426642305_395805484_n jean-m girard Canada 93 posts in this forum Offline

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
How many of us really feel that we are ignorent of our own selves?

Our own self, being our conditioning isn’t it? I do wander about my behavior very often,
why do I do this or that? Are we ignorant to our self or we chosen not to see for some personnel
raison/pleasure? When I feel great I forget all the rule and it is not before I find myself totally
empties that I reconsider my choice to ignore. We may become ignorant by choice at time.

I think that in the era where it really matter in my life I am ignorant.

The dead can be put into words but the living cannot. Every word used to communicate about the living is the denial of the living.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #577
Thumb_417412_234781426642305_395805484_n jean-m girard Canada 93 posts in this forum Offline

When this whole processes of identification,influence, and intution are themselves creat ignorance of oneself instantly

So you are saying that to identifier our self or when we let our self be influence and when
we feel that we may have and inspiration or intuition, we are ignorant because we loose our perception ?

The dead can be put into words but the living cannot. Every word used to communicate about the living is the denial of the living.

This post was last updated by jean-m girard Wed, 11 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #578
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

How many of us really feel that we are ignorent of our own selves?

How many of us feel that misspelling "ignorant" isn't ignorance?

Why ignore spelling? You're publishing on the world wide web, fer crisake. Do you not give a shit if you write like an ignoramus? So English isn't your first language...all the more reason to get it right.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #579

?It appears that it has no beginning.Is there an end for it?

It was always there wasn’t it?

There is probably no end to our ignorance, it may be has big has the universe…lol

Is there a difference between knowing nothing and being ignorant?
I don’t think there is any problem in knowing that we are ignorant and at the same time I also think that I should make better choice at time. Isn’t it what every one is fighting against? Do we need to remember every lesson we have learned, to live today? We just go on and hoping that it is going to work out and if it hurt we move away from it.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #580
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1924 posts in this forum Offline

lidlo lady wrote:

How about misspelling 'profiting' as 'profitting'? Is that ignorance?

Just a technical question.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #581
Thumb_stringio Dean R. Smith Canada 1145 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
How about misspelling 'profiting' as 'profitting'? Is that ignorance?
Just a technical question.

A quote would have been appropriate.

"See thought arising; watch it. Without that, all else is illusion and becoming."

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #582

lidlo lady wrote:

Why ignore spelling? You're publishing on the world wide web, fer crisake. Do you not give a shit if you write like an ignoramus? So English isn't your first language...all the more reason to get it right.

I acknowledge your response.Please wait for my response ,so that it could cover all those people in the world, who were viewing this thread.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #583
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1924 posts in this forum Offline

Dean R. Smith wrote:
A quote would have been appropriate.

Yes it would - but all that drivel one has to go through to find the particular quote!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #584
Thumb_stringio lidlo lady United States 4003 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Yes it would - but all that drivel one has to go through to find the particular quote!

It's worth it.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #585
Thumb_stringio Dean R. Smith Canada 1145 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Well, there is that, but there is also 'word find'. :)

"See thought arising; watch it. Without that, all else is illusion and becoming."

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #586

jean-m girard wrote:
We may become ignorant by choice at time.

That is perhaps due to our own condition, as you have said earlier.

jean-m girard wrote:
I think that in the era where it really matter in my life I am ignorant.

You need an enquiry for it.

jean-m girard wrote:
we feel that we may have and inspiration or intuition, we are ignorant because we loose our perception ?

In material aspects, inspiration and intuition may give usefull results, but to extend this to psychological, it is doubtfull, it needs a probe.

jean-m girard wrote:
It was always there wasn’t it?

That is what spiritual lesson says.needs a personal verification.

jean-m girard wrote:
Is there a difference between knowing nothing and being ignorant?
I don’t think there is any problem in knowing that we are ignorant and at the same time I also think that I should make better choice at time. Isn’t it what every one is fighting against? Do we need to remember every lesson we have learned, to live today? We just go on and hoping that it is going to work out and if it hurt we move away from it.

One may be aware that one knows nothing,then as it appears one's mind could be stable due to the awareness.State of being ignorant, one's mental status may be most unstable, though one may be psychologically very active.

Being aware of one's ignorance makes one clear of many negative fallouts of one's mind.

Infact our own state of mind at any given instant prevents awareness,then we are forced to resort to the past lessons.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #587

lidlo lady wrote:
fer crisake

?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #588

One may be aware that one knows nothing,then as it appears one's mind could be stable due to the awareness.State of being ignorant, one's mental status may be most unstable, though one may be psychologically very active.
Being aware of one's ignorance makes one clear of many negative fallouts of one's mind.

Yes I support this, a state of knowing nothing is bursting with awareness, and ignorance makes the mind unstable also being aware of our ignorance can reveal a lot about our mind/conditioning.
So what is preventing us from being aware with or without the back ground noise? Is it possible to maintain a state of awareness through our activity without forcing it or disciplining our self?
Awareness being always in the now is not accumulative, it is always new. This is the raison why we can not hold on to it.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #589

jean-m girard wrote:
Awareness being always in the now is not accumulative, it is always new. This is the raison why we can not hold on to it.

Give it some thought, Jean. Awareness is not accumulative but memory is, and there's nothing to be done about it. You are an accumulation. "You" is just a lot of stuff, content, reflecting itself and saying, "I exist!". You are that moment when a mammal, for the first time, recognizes its own reflection. You are your reflection, and your reflection is as distorted or as true as your knowledge of your origin is.

This post was last updated by lidlo lady (account deleted) Thu, 12 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Jul 2012 #590

lidlo lady wrote:
Awareness is not accumulative but memory is, and there's nothing to be done about it. You are an accumulation

Does it mean to say that we could have awareness only as an accmulated memory, but not as a direct awareness?It sounds that human being are absolutely conditioned beyond any redemption?The poster can not believe it.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #591

Does it mean to say that we could have awareness only as an accmulated memory, but not as a direct awareness?

Awareness is not consciousness. The organism can be aware and unconscious.

What do you mean by "direct awareness"? Explain, if you can.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #592

The human mind is unstable when it is in the'now',it is a condition of the brain,but it can not be absolute.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #593

lidlo lady wrote:
What do you mean by "direct awareness"? Explain, if you can.

That is the condition of the brain at this instant, but should that condition be absolute? That is where both of us differ.We must be aware(remember).

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #594

Oh, god.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #595

lidlo lady wrote:
The organism can be aware and unconscious.

Do you notice any contradiction in it?Take into consideration the first statement of yours.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Thu, 12 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #596

lidlo lady wrote:
Oh, god.

That is good enough.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #597

Do you notice any contridiction in it?

Do you notice any misspelling in it?

Please, stop insulting the reader. Use spellcheck.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #598

O.k You can now focus on the question.Posting#595

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #599

lidlo lady wrote:
Awareness is not consciousness. The organism can be aware and unconscious.

?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Jul 2012 #600

jean-m girard wrote:
Awareness being always in the now is not accumulative, it is always new. This is the raison why we can not hold on to it

The human mind can be conditioned at this instant 'now', so that there is no direct awareness/perception.Condition need not be absolute.But this can not be a conclusion.Otherwise it can lead to another conditioning of the brain.When there is a honest probe,one has no indication of either the mind is conditioned abosolutely or not.One is with the condition.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 571 - 600 of 743 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)