Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

A stroll in a day..... a reflection of the mind....past, present,&future.

Displaying posts 541 - 570 of 743 in total
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 #541
Thumb_deleted_user_med Daniel Dan France 251 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao wrote:
To be with passion!I wonder what could be the passion?

I have search for this word,it seems to mean something like "entirely" by opposition to mediocre ,which means middle of the road ,never entirely involved in anything...

Dan.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 #542
Thumb_rao kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao India 903 posts in this forum Offline

There are many high voltage emotions which we are well known to every one of us,but whose author of those emotions has been 'me', the most volatile and explosive energy supplier.The way we came in search of such thing called 'passion',at the expense of 'me' which has been feeding us with sorrow and suffering relentlessly.Question is ,could such a thing called 'me' really suplement the energy for 'passion'?It may not supply energy, but the key must be with it.That is for sure.

We better get to know of our source of emotions(including passion that we know of) 'me',before we search else where,so that we are clear what actually the 'passion' is.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 25 Apr 2012 #543

Is there possibility of self knowing that it really does not exist?This one of the questions that was rised by one of (the poster) my friends,which has no answer,as far as I am concerned.Another question that was rised is:Can it(self) know why it exists?There is no answer to this either.

The only possible thing that can happen is that it can understand its nature in its detail at every instant if it so wants.The nature of self and it origin,its source of energy perhaps could probably address the above questions.

Staying in the apperent 'ego' state, one wonders if there are are answers for questions?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Wed, 25 Apr 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 29 Apr 2012 #544

When the 'self' is in question ,what matters in case of the religion or understanding of the 'trueth' is, it is state of prevailing mind.When mind is free of illusions,it is best fit to understand the 'trueth'.

In the context of market the 'self' could afford to have illusiuons, otherwise the markets can not exist.We are used to markets.When illusions prevail the mind is conditioned.They are not absolutly conditioned as far as understanding of 'trueth' is conscerned.As far as religion is concerned the illusions are poison.That is not so in the market.That is where most of us defer.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 01 May 2012 #545

Is there ever a chance for one to know the limitation of one's thinking?Do not we let go the thoughts their ways,unless they start affecting us physically, and emotionally ?Infact we are one with thoughts if the swing of the thoughts is something pleasing.We fight against the thoughts if the thoughts are displeasing or troubling the individuals.

Totally one with one's own body and( mind)one's own thoughts.There is no way one could see them as some thing different.But once a different thought is introduced in thinking process such as: it is thought itself which is responsible for all one does; the free run of the thoughts is upset.Why is thinking of one is so vulnerable?Is it due to the nature of process of identification one's psychi with new contents intoduced?

Process of identification is such a strong psychological force, it is very difficult for one to get over and replace it with some other thought, yet psychi becomes vulnerable.There is ample chance for the identification process to creat confusion in the thinking of the individual.

So the flow of thoughts are upset by the process of identification.So the contents of unfinished thoughts do come up again and again.If the identification stops,could the thoughts go through without a trace?

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Tue, 01 May 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #546

Whyb do we cling to the past experience?It must have been a pleasent one,or it must have been a sentiment?why do we resort such things?May be due to fear or to be assured of one's existance,that is ,quite sure of continuity of past state of mind.Is it really possible to extend the state of mind?That does not happen,it is moment to moment.Yet that is what people try to perpetuate always straning the mind with memories and consequent reactions.Therefore there is no respite of occuring of thoughts which are reactions from memory.why do we still insist on experience?Continuation of the past makes sure that self is protected against its dissolution.That is precisely why it is very difficult to let the thought pass through without a trace.The self or the'me' has no other purpose except it protects its exisisting (position) status in the mind.It can not understand any thing else,unless it helps itself to retrive the last ground.The experiences always creat problems in the consciousness,except in materail aspects.

So,craving for self-realization or understanding should probably creat more illusions than what actually expected.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sun, 06 May 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #547
Thumb_417412_234781426642305_395805484_n jean-m girard Canada 93 posts in this forum Offline

Why do we cling to the past experience?

We need to expand a little on pleasurable experience. We do understand well that when we see our action clearly, they are no lounger a difficulty. It is very possible that in our search for experience/pleasure that we may choise not see the effect of our pleasure in it’s totality, only partially. We do understand that pleasure can be and obstacle but when we look at it we see only the instant of pleasure not really the outcome of pleasure. The instant of pleasure and the whole outcome of pleasure are two different things. So why do we cling to pass experience is probably because we don’t see then in their totality. We see part of it only.

The dead can be put into words but the living cannot. Every word used to communicate about the living is the denial of the living.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #548
Thumb_417412_234781426642305_395805484_n jean-m girard Canada 93 posts in this forum Offline

So,craving for self-realization or understanding should probably creat more illusions than what actually expected.

Our background is full of desire to change, to improve our life, our relationship. As we know desire is not enough because it is base on our pass, memories, thought. The importance to understand that the quality of seeing what we are is most crucial if we want to make a dent in our life. The question of how do I observed what I am, is very important .

The dead can be put into words but the living cannot. Every word used to communicate about the living is the denial of the living.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #549

jean-m girard wrote:
The instant of pleasure and the whole outcome of pleasure are two different things. So why do we cling to pass experience is probably because we don’t see then in their totality. We see part of it only.

True, we only see partially and totality is never seen.The basic nature of thought is to stick to pleasure principle.At times it can be cuuning and change its preference but only to meet its basic principle under changed circumstances.If it is seeing its pleasure principle in its totality,then it is understanding its nature.It need not cling to the past.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #550

I sometime take very seriously observation, from being tire out of the repetition of the same old thing. I choose what I should be working on , instead of going into observation by force, by exhaustion of the old, would it be possible to make this meticulous facet of us a more natural way of life ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #551

jean-m girard wrote:
The question of how do I observed what I am, is very important .

You are your reactions(thoughts),desires,and your base values(sensate values).Normally we are identified with them ,and reduce ourselves to that.If we are aware of it, at times the process of identification gets diluted,and allow one to take notice of the contents of our reactions.If one does not interfere with noticing,the reaction just passes through.There is no other way out.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #552

The basic nature of thought is to stick to pleasure principle.

Pleasure often come has one thought, it is the out come of one thought, to see the accumulation behind that thought would probably tarnished the attraction for it.
Has you say the ego hide anything that could destroyed or challenge it's own existence. Amazing machine!

This post was last updated by jean-m girard Sun, 06 May 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #553

jean-m girard wrote:
I choose what I should be working on , instead of going into observation by force, by exhaustion of the old, would it be possible to make this meticulous facet of us a more natural way of life ?

Your choosing is your desire.You need to have clear undestanding of choice/desire.When you say exhaust the old implies,there is an effort let go the thought(work out its full force).It is possible if you pay tolal attention to that thought/desire.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 06 May 2012 #554

Your choosing is your desire.You need to have clear undestanding of choice/desire.When you say exhaust the old implies,there is an effort let go the thought(work out its full force).It is possible if you pay tolal attention to that thought/desire.

True of course, look at what is there, not what could be there.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 07 May 2012 #555

jean-m girard wrote:
would it be possible to make this meticulous facet of us a more natural way of life ?

It is a desire.One needs to know how one could handle one's desire.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 07 May 2012 #556
Thumb_robert_clarke Robert Clarke Ireland 223 posts in this forum Offline

Kamarajugadda Malik ArjunaRao wrote:.....One needs to know how one could handle one's desire.

Why?

You are your search

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 07 May 2012 #557
Thumb_deleted_user_med Kali Yuga Mongolia 469 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

One needs to know how one could handle one's desire.

or, one has to observe how one does handle ones desire.

end time

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 07 May 2012 #558

jean-m girard was trying to rationalise his working pattren by making it more natural and spontaneous by avoiding re-occurance of old, he has that liberty as he is an artist.At the same time there is in built desire in it,which he has to understand to meet his twin demands.I think as I understand he was trying to work through his most dominent idea,so that it does not interfere in the next work of his.There are two tasks at one one go.1)Pleasure principle,and 2)Working through a thought without again repeating.For him it is the question of handling his Task(desire).(I had his posting #550 in mind when I responded)

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Mon, 07 May 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #559

When the poster made his first appearance in this forum,perhaps he was keen to know what was his understanding of JK after so much of reading JK's teachings.When poster left this form for a break,he was prompted by the notion that he was under strong influence of JK's teachings which almost redued his postings to that of parroting the JK's words.At this stage it was decided that take a long break,and stop all the activity concerned the JK.For 15 days net itelf was not opened.Better sense prevailed and poster has been attending to his mails.Visited the sight(Think on these lines,and occationally few other,s),but never came on line.

The forum seems to have its sails just as it was having its sails when poster never boarded its deck.One could make oneself very important,at least feel it that way.Is n't it an illusion?

One may wonder why is this fellow making his appearance now? Yes there is a reason for it.It was queston of the influence, that really mattered.It was Nick who focused on the influence when the poster was just about to take a break.Stoped reading JK's books till recently,just see how strong it was.

The poster's father's death anniversary is due on next sunday.It is done most traditionally,and a family gathering with all the offsprings of poster's father.As it is a most orthodox function,where the performer is suppose to have the holy thread on his shoulders(throughtout his life)and more so at the time of the function.It broke itself with no chance making any adjustment as it was very old one,except by replacing with a new one.The family felt it was something under the influence of JK, that the poster was not replacing it with new one, infact it was the contridiction that was engaging the poster.Whose influence it is ?Is that of JK's? or that of family's?Or both?

Infact what prompted the posrer to break his holliday with forum was due to Mrs.Pavani's reply to Nick's remark about the infuence and parroting of Jk.It left the poster still further confusing, though they were very clear in their assertions.The poster has no opinion about their view points, but it mirrored the contridiction with in himself.Wait and see how it works out.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Tue, 26 Jun 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #560
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

infact it was the contridiction that was engaging the poster.

if there is conflict, there is no love, that is all i can say for the present.without adopting the tradition just ponder over the strartha veda mantras, translated in telugu with the context of JK's teachings.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #561

ganesan balachandran wrote:
without adopting the tradition just ponder over the strartha veda mantras, translated in telugu with the context of JK's teachings.

Is this available in the market?Where,I have not come across.Send the reference please.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #562
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

www.vedah.com
just try. if i get one iwill let you know and send it later.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

This post was last updated by ganesan balachandran Tue, 26 Jun 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #563
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 1989 posts in this forum Offline

poster left this form for a break,

Welcome back, ArjunaRao!

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #564
Thumb_beautiful-nature-wallpaper pavani rao India 541 posts in this forum Offline

,he was prompted by the notion that he was under strong influence of JK's teachings which almost redued his postings to that of parroting the JK's words.At this stage it was decided that take a long break,and stop all the activity concerned the JK.For 15 days net itelf was not opened

Hi Arjun

That is a sincere and an honest post indeed .... how important it is to take intermittent breaks from everything , from all the books and reading etc , in fact if one has to share something honestly here , K is better understood when one goes out into the open leaving everything behind ..... life and life’s situations , there are no better teachers if only one is willing to listen ....Well seeing my name in your post prompted me to address you ( feminine vanity ! :- ) though we never directly interacted with each other .... I can say your absence has been noticed , more so at the recent Retreat which was held at Naimism , I thought since we both are from the same place , you might attend it , the work shop / retreat was very well conducted by Mr Kishore Khairnar , good discussions were held , watched some nice videos of K .

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #565

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote:
Welcome back.

Thanks.It was a reaction to the word 'influence of JK' that often was often pointed out.Simple experiment.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 26 Jun 2012 #566

pavani rao wrote:
I can say your absence has been noticed , more so at the recent Retreat which was held at Naimism

Thanks for your response.I do read all your responses that appear on the forum.Some of the responses are really well noticed.I just missed the Retreat at Naimisam.I think there is one gathering in july.Perhaps we could make it.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 #567

Sun Hand wrote:
Usually, when I walk, thought may be there but there is no intentionality to it. It is not trying to do something. It has a peregrine quality, it wanders according to the waves of sensory input which act as triggers to new thoughts, bifurcations, and new directions.

I observe that thought settles on some association, however vague, and starts to build a centre from that. As new sensations intrude and distract the continuity the centre crumbles and thought moves out to the periphery, the interface with the senses. There selection takes place according to some semi-arbitrary process beyond my sight and a new centre begins to be build. The periphery is drawn in once more and the process begins again.

It is as if the waves of sensory input are being answered by a pulse-like motion of thought - two different forms of motion. Attention moves freely. Nothing matters. The legs walk.

Sorry for very late response.It is infact posting No#3.At the out set I must say it was very good posting,how sad I missed the response.It appears that your walking seems to be a smooth fair,at least that is what you first para suggests.

Your whole focus seems to be on sensory inputs, sensations,centre, periphery, and attention.It appears that the thoughts arose and fell like waves,and yet you had your attention intact.Do you make an effort keep your attention?Can one really pay attention to sensations, apart from reactions as thoughts?I am curious.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 28 Jun 2012 #568

Oh! Mr.Paul when did you change your avater?

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 01 Jul 2012 #569

Whatever that one thinks with all one's intention,its one's thinking. It is one's original thinking only when a claim is made as such and when there is no dispute about that claim, it rest with that, otherwise there is clash.No body indulges in such a claim unless one has interest (a self interest).The claim of originality of thought is seeking recognition,and honour & pride.A thinking with no back ground of images/history could well be recognised as original thinking,but it can not be a definition.Those who harp on original thinking could as well be a clever and most cunning individual.True one thinks one's thinking is original thinking,it could well be an illussion.Matter is that whether thinking is original or not,but is it free of illusions.

nothing

This post was last updated by kamarajugadda Mallik ArjunaRao Sun, 01 Jul 2012.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 02 Jul 2012 #570

We better get to know of our source of emotions(including passion that we know of) 'me',before we search else where,so that we are clear what actually the 'passion' is.

How does one face up to the restlesness,fatigue,body heat due to hot sun?Suppose all these take place in a bus stand waiting for a bus.Normally these things just evaporate from the mind,the movement one gets a seat in the desired transport.But during the waiting period for such an eventuality,one moves about frantically like agited animal.Perhaps smoke,buy some thing to eat,take a cell and call a freind,get involved with some thing else.A sheer waste of our energy, yet we are complled to do it, to over come the most unease state of mind.Since there is an expected eventuality of ulimatly to get the transport,the normal feeling of satisfaction over takes that most dreadfull state of mind mechenically,we are lost with the restlessness state of mind and we are not bothered about our state of mind after that, becuase satisfaction over takes the mind mechenically.Suppose if we are to allow the that hopeless state of mind to sustain without expectation of any out come which produces a feeling of satisfaction, without any effort, so that restlessness loses its hold on the mind.What do you think would happen?Is that passion? A simple worth trying experiment.

nothing

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 541 - 570 of 743 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)