Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

One Self's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 1447 in total
Topic: What did exactly K mean by the word reverse- thinking or negative thinking ? 23 hours ago

K speaks of negative "approach" with regard to love or meditation. I believe that he spoke of "negative thinking" per say.

Topic: What did exactly K mean by the word reverse- thinking or negative thinking ? 24 hours ago

What is our way of thinking? Is it not projectional or hopefull thinking? (I don't know ,merely investigating. ). Is it?

Topic: Jealousy 2 days ago

Jack Pine wrote: And which is more important; K's teachings or your own understanding of yourself?

What a dumb question! they are the same. And stop acting like a guru . You need to help yourself out of your own misery of superficiality and dullness.

Topic: Jealousy Sat, 09 Nov 2019

Jack Pine wrote: One Self wrote:

What is love according to K? Love according to me doesn't exist at all.

The above statement is too deep for superficial jack . He thinks love is attachment like any other Joe! Fifty years of k had no effect on him! If k had no effect on this guy what will? I suggested to him to see a psychologist. Maybe he can put him under medication.

Topic: Can fear actually, really, end in me? From Quiet Space Sat, 09 Nov 2019

Jack,your illness cannot be cured by Krishnamurti as it hasn't for the past fifty years. Go and see a psychologist . He may be able to help you with medications. Words have become poisonous to you. Give it up.

Topic: My response to the comments in the quiet space discussions. Sat, 09 Nov 2019

So fear is to be understood according to K. Fear is not to be concluded about and put on the shelves. Fear can strike any second because of how insecure the world is becoming. But one can remove the projection of thought. One can do that if one is not indolent.

Topic: My response to the comments in the quiet space discussions. Sat, 09 Nov 2019

There is a clear difference between intelligence and fear. Fear is inaction whereas intelligence is action. For example when a bus comes at you it is not fear that steps out of the way of the bus it is intelligence. To me there is only fear in relationship to the future. There is no fear now but thinking about something bad that may happen in the future breeds fear.

Topic: My response to the comments in the quiet space discussions. Fri, 08 Nov 2019

Where there is the desire to accomplish something (physical or psychological ) state there must be anxiety and fear. Time breeds fear. There is no fear now or in the present. Fear is only in relationship to what may happen in the future.

Topic: My response to the comments in the quiet space discussions. Fri, 08 Nov 2019

We are not here to end fear or be fearless. We are here to understand fear.Through understanding fear one becomes free from fear.

Topic: Family and marage are the beginning of division and conflict in the society . Thu, 07 Nov 2019

exploitation Also found in: Thesaurus, Medical, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia. ex·ploi·ta·tion (?k?sploi-t??sh?n) n. 1. The act of employing to the greatest possible advantage: exploitation of copper deposits. 2. Utilization of another person or group for selfish purposes: exploitation of unwary consumers. 3. An advertising or publicity program. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved. ex•ploi•ta•tion (??k spl???te? ??n)

n. 1. the use of something, esp. for profit: exploitation of oil fields. 2. the use or manipulation of another person for one's own advantage. 3. promotion; publicity. [1795–1805; < French] ex<code>ploi•ta?tion•al, adj. ex</code>ploi•ta?tion•al•ly, adv. Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

Topic: Family and marage are the beginning of division and conflict in the society . Thu, 07 Nov 2019

Thought is our problem .No individual on the earth is free from thought. It is like saying that one can be free from pollution or bad ground water.

There may be freedom in Death. In ending every moment. Not accumulating memory..I think..

Once you are exposed to the teachings you cannot ignore and do the opposite for long. Once you are exposed to the teachings of krishnamurti you can no longer fool yourself or others. There is no way out of truth once you are exposed to it. That is the problem.

Topic: Family and marage are the beginning of division and conflict in the society . Wed, 06 Nov 2019

Question: Are you against the institution of the family?

Krishnamurti: I am, if the family is the centre of exploitation, if it is based on exploitation. (Applause) Please, what is the good of merely agreeing with me? You must act to alter this. The desire for perpetuation creates a family which becomes the centre of exploitation. So the question is really, can one ever live without exploiting? Not whether family life is right or wrong, not whether having children is right or wrong, but whether family, possessions, power, are not the result of the desire for security, self-perpetuation. As long as there is this desire, family becomes the centre of exploitation. Can we ever live without exploitation? I say we can. There must be exploitation as long as there is the struggle for self-protection; as long as the mind is seeking security, comfort, through family, religion, authority or tradition, there must be exploitation. And exploitation ceases only when the mind discerns the falseness of security and is no longer ensnared by its own power of creating illusions. If you will experiment with what I say, you will then understand that I am not destroying desire. but that you can live in this world, richly, sanely, a life without limitations, without suffering. You can discover this only by experimenting, not by denying, not through resignation nor by merely imitating. Where intelligence is functioning - and intelligence ceases to function when there is fear and the desire for security - there can be no exploitation.

Most people are waiting for a change to take place that will miraculously alter this system of exploitation. They are waiting for revolutions to realize their hopes, their unfulfilled longings; but in so waiting they are slowly dying. For I think that mere revolutions do not change the fundamental desires of man. But if the individual begins to act with intelligence, without compulsion, irrespective of present conditions or of what revolutions promise in the future, then there is a richness, a completeness whose ecstasy cannot be destroyed.

April 24, 1935

Topic: Jealousy Mon, 04 Nov 2019

What is love according to K? Love according to me doesn't exist at all.

Topic: Family and marage are the beginning of division and conflict in the society . Mon, 04 Nov 2019

That is exactly what krishnamurti pointed out .

Topic: Jealousy Sun, 03 Nov 2019

Studying K's teachings has to be done everyday of one's life . Otherwise it evaporates .

From quote of the day:

Why do we store up flattery and insult, hurt and affection? Without this accumulation of experiences and their responses, we are not; we are nothing if we have no name, no attachment, no belief. It is the fear of being nothing that compels us to accumulate; and it is this very fear, whether conscious or unconscious, that, in spite of our accumulative activities, brings about our disintegration and destruction. If we can be aware of the truth of this fear, then it is the truth that liberates us from it, and not our purposeful determination to be free.

You are nothing. You may have your name and title, your property and bank account, you may have power and be famous; but in spite of all these safeguards, you are as nothing. You may be totally unaware of this emptiness, this nothingness, or you may simply not want to be aware of it; but it is there, do what you will to avoid it. You may try to escape from it in devious ways, through personal or collective violence, through individual or collective worship, through knowledge or amusement; but whether you are asleep or awake, it is always there. You can come upon your relationship to this nothingness and its fear only by being choicelessly aware of the escapes. You are not related to it as a separate, individual entity; you are not the observer watching it; without you, the thinker, the observer, it is not. You and nothingness are one; you and nothingness are a joint phenomenon, not two separate processes. If you, the thinker, are afraid of it and approach it as something contrary and opposed to you, then any action you may take towards it must inevitably lead to illusion and so to further conflict and misery. When there is the discovery, the experiencing of that nothingness as you, then fear - which exists only when the thinker is separate from his thoughts and so tries to establish a relationship with them - completely drops away. Only then is it possible for the mind to be still; and in this tranquillity, truth comes into being

Krishnamurti according to my understanding says that the ego or thought is to be abandoned before love is experienced.

Topic: Jealousy Sat, 02 Nov 2019

Jealousy is the outcome of insecurity. Thought through comparison and measure breeds jealousy and insecurity therefore antagonism . Thought is the outcome of one's background (education ,culture,family habits and so on) .Thought (The background) being limited and insecure creates a world that is based on jealousy and competition which is also limited .

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Fri, 01 Nov 2019

I don't know what it means to talk nice to people. Does it mean to say hello or try to say something that they like or give them positive energy and so on ? But things are different in chatrooms. In chatrooms like this one everybody is unknown to each other. The only tool that we have in chatrooms are words. Words are all we share in here. Therefore we have the same problem. Misunderstanding simple English words. It is probably the unconscious ego that tries to misunderstand words to make itself important. .

Topic: Jealousy Tue, 29 Oct 2019

We know that criticism according to k is a negative thing. I always thought that we escape from our utter loneliness through criticism of others in so many fields and so on and on

Topic: Jealousy Tue, 29 Oct 2019

“I see what you mean but I cannot help labelling it; it is practically an instantaneous reaction.” KX: Feeling and naming are almost simultaneous, are they not? Can they be separated? Can there be a gap between a feeling and the naming of it? If this gap is really experienced, it will be found that the thinker ceases as an entity separate and distinct from thought. The verbalizing process is part of the self, the ‘me’, the entity who is jealous and who attempts to get over his jealousy. If you really understand the truth of this, then fear ceases. Naming has a physiological as well as a psychological effect. When there is no naming, only then is it possible to be fully aware of that which is called the void of loneliness. Then the mind does not separate itself from that which is.

Topic: Jealousy Sat, 26 Oct 2019

As long as I am jealous of my neighbor or my brother or my cousin or who ever God knows there cannot be peace on the planet . I think that jealousy is underestimated . We focus on hate without learning about the causes of it.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Fri, 25 Oct 2019

There is no psychological hurt in the present. The 'I' which is hurt is the result of thought or the past. So thought or psychological knowledge breeds the hurting..

The deadly snake is thought invading the the Psyche through pleasure and pain. We are hooked to pleasure . So we allow thought(the deadly snake) to invade the mind because of pleasure. The snakes are going to reproduce until pleasure is no longer the dominant factor in life.

I think that we don't take the poisonous snake analogy seriously. That is the problem.

idiot ? wrote: Is the solution found by stepping out of oneself or by stepping into oneself?

I think that the answer to that question takes a lifetime of true experience to find out...

idiot ? wrote: First I must see that I'm hurting others, yes?

It is obvious that we hurt each other but the question is that what is it that gets hurt in here? My fictitious image? Why do I need a fictitious image to function at all?

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Thu, 24 Oct 2019

We are the deadly snakes, Each one of us has the capacity to sting. We don't like each other in this forum so we try to sting each other psychologically. So one has to step out of oneself and then find a solution.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Thu, 24 Oct 2019

If one has not seen the false in him or herself after seventy years then how is he or she see the truth now? It is too late. It is like a man who has got cancer and now he wants to live healthy, so he eats good food and exercises . It is too late. His Brain has been rutting away. But we can discus things for the sake of discussion in here.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 1447 in total