Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

One Self's Forum Posts

Forum: General Discussion

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 1736 in total
Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched 17 hours ago

Clive Elwell wrote: This is obviously not a way to understand K words, or oneself, and in fact may engender fear about participating fully, openly, on the forum.

Not everybody in this forum is interested in k's teachings or self-knowledge. For that reason there are conflict of interest that shows itself in vulgarity and image-making attacks. If we were all here for the love of truth things would have been different .

Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched Wed, 03 Jun 2020

idiot ? wrote: Don't you think that all of our contributions are just as worthy?

I say please try to save all the work that the members did in this site as much as posible.. there are a lot of truth there...it is our history..

Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched Mon, 01 Jun 2020

Dev Singh wrote: Far better though if those migrating over make a concerted effort to leave the negativity and personal attacks behind.

Yes, there is no understanding in criticism . And more understanding is what we humans need in the world.

Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched Mon, 01 Jun 2020

And hopefully an option blocking an unwanted member who keeps sending mail to your inbox.

Topic: New Kinfonet website and forum about to be launched Mon, 01 Jun 2020

Hopefully the new site would have an ignore button so that we don't put an atheist against an idealist and watch them fight. There are important things that k pointed out. We need to examine and experiment with them as much as possible.

Topic: "All want, all craving , is blinding..." Krishnamurti Sat, 30 May 2020

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day Ojai, California | 2nd Public Talk 1946

Questioner: You have said that illumination could never come through self-expansion but does it not come through the expansion of consciousness?

Krishnamurti: Illumination, understanding of the Real, can never come through the expansion of the self, through the I making an effort to grow, to become, to achieve and there is no effort apart from the will of the I. How can there be understanding if the self is ever filtering experience, identifying, accumulating memory? Consciousness is the product of the mind and the mind is the result of conditioning, of craving, and so it is the seat of the self. Only when the activity of the self, of memory, ceases is there a wholly different consciousness, about which any speculation is a hindrance. The effort to expand is still the activity of the self whose consciousness is to grow, to become. Such consciousness however expanded is time-binding and so the Timeless is not.

If one desires to understand a vital problem should not one put aside one's tendencies, prejudices, fears and hopes, one's conditioning, and be aware simply and directly? In thinking over our problems together we are exposing ourselves to ourselves. This self-exposure is of great importance for it will reveal to us the process of our own thoughts-feelings. We have to dig deeply into ourselves to find truth. We are conditioned and is it possible for thought to go beyond its own limitation? It is possible only through being aware of our conditioning. We have developed a certain kind of intelligence in the process of self-expansion; through greed, through acquisitiveness, through conflict and pain we have developed a self-protective, self-expansive intelligence. Can this intelligence comprehend the Real which alone can resolve all our problems?

Topic: Krishnamurti jokes, humor, and levity Fri, 29 May 2020

False is more appealing than truth to some.

Topic: "All want, all craving , is blinding..." Krishnamurti Fri, 29 May 2020

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day Group Discussion 13th November, 1947 | Madras, India

When we are up against a hindrance, we immediately think of ways and means to overcome or conquer that hindrance; but overcoming leads us nowhere as we shall have to keep on overcoming or conquering an enemy - politically, economically or religiously, because the hindrance repeats itself. You cannot overcome a hindrance; the hindrance has to be understood by approaching it without condemnation, without judging, without a desire to alter it. Unfortunately, most of us either condemn or pursue it. So long as there is this condemnatory and identifying attitude, the hindrance is not understood.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Thu, 28 May 2020

Hepsibah Smidge wrote: A very nice chap once told me that rules are for the guidance of the wise and the obeyance of fools. I am often reminded of it.

I suppose it depends into which category you think you fit.

Yes it depends on who is asking. How about " Rules are to be broken" . Specially in this chat box

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Thu, 28 May 2020

"If you put an impossible question, your mind then has to find the answer in terms of the impossible - not what is possible." J. Krishnamurti the impossible question. Dont listen to anybody who tels you what you have to do here. They live in the sixties and think that things are still the same!

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Tue, 26 May 2020

Persephone Poot wrote: One Self wrote:

I am not talking about the new guy. We still don't know if he is sane or insane like some in here

P: Listen, I don't even know that myself, kiddo.

Nobody knows you better than yourself . You know when you are mischievous. You know when you want something.. you know what you are and what you are not ..

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Tue, 26 May 2020

wrong /rôNG/ Learn to pronounce adjective 1. not correct or true; incorrect. "that is the wrong answer" Similar: incorrect mistaken in error erroneous inaccurate not accurate inexact not exact imprecise invalid untrue false fallacious wide of the mark off target misleading illogical unsound unfounded without foundation faulty flawed off beam bogus phoney out way out full of holes dicey iffy dodgy abroad Opposite: right correct spot on 2. unjust, dishonest, or immoral. "they were wrong to take the law into their own hands" Similar: illegal against the law

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Tue, 26 May 2020

Don't look at a question merely verbally and intellectually. A wrong question is a trap . I am not talking about the new guy. We still don't know if he is sane or insane like some in here.apart from that a wrong question is the one that implies a centre or division. Forget about k as authority, that is totally irrelevant.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Tue, 26 May 2020

idiot ? wrote: What is important is to see why a question is wrong, how it has a mistaken assumption or an internal contradiction.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Tue, 26 May 2020

idiot ? wrote: What is important is to see why a question is wrong, how it has a mistaken assumption or an internal contradiction.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Mon, 25 May 2020

A wrong question inevitably leads to wrong answers , obviously...

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Sat, 23 May 2020

krishnamurti:we ask this question as to who is the observer, who is it that is aware? Surely such a question is a wrong question, "

Aparantlly idiot is not sure that it is a wrong question because she or he is a positive thinker.

Topic: On Relationships and Conflict Thu, 21 May 2020

Ebeneezer Codpiece wrote: I wouldn't disagree. But conflict hasn't ended, has it? It may be pushed out of focus for a while while...

What is important is to learn about conflict. To see the destructive nature of conflict. Like seeing a deadly snake,you you don't get near it. But we have become indifferent to the sense of danger.

Topic: "All want, all craving , is blinding..." Krishnamurti Mon, 18 May 2020

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day Auckland, New Zealand | Talk to Businessmen 6th April, 1934

May I ask why anyone should follow another? After all, truth or God is not to be found by imitating another: then we will only make ourselves into machines. Surely, need we, as human beings, belong to any sect, whether Muhammadanism, Christianity, Hinduism, or Buddhism? If you set up one person as your Saviour, or as your guide, then there must be exploitation; there must be the shaping of the world into a particular narrow sect. Whereas, if we really do not set anyone up in authority, but if we find out whatever they say, or any human being says, then we shall realize something which is lasting; but merely following another does not lead us anywhere. I take it that you are all Christians, and you say you are following Christ. Are you? Are human beings, whether they belong to Christianity or Muhammadanism or Buddhism, really following their leaders? It is impossible. They don't. So why call yourselves by different names and separate yourselves? Whereas, if we really altered the environment to which we have become such slaves, then we should be really Gods in ourselves, not follow anybody. Personally, I do not belong to any sect, large or small. I have found truth, God, or whatever you like to call it, but I cannot transmit it to another. One can discover it only through consummate intelligence, and not through imitation of certain principles, beliefs and personages

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Sat, 16 May 2020

I think it is not important that we admit that we are insufficient and not alive mentally. What is important is to keep in mind the fact that we are immortal. The very realization that everything including the human mind is temporary creates a new energy to deal with the issues...

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Fri, 15 May 2020

Huguette . wrote: The other question is: is there something to be done about it? Is there something a monkey can do to extricate himself from his monkey state?

First of all should I not look at this state that I am in witch we call "Modern monkey state"? Am I aware of it or is it just a comparison therefore an illusion?

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Fri, 15 May 2020

Huguette . wrote: when we say “we are monkeys”, are we saying it from the perspective of one of the monkeys, or are we saying it from the perspective of one who is NOT a monkey?

We are surely not anything but monkeys who communicate with symbols. If I am the world then can I still have a personal perspective? I am not trying to or wanting to catch flaws on others when it doesn't help in any way. But if I realize that I am the rest of mankind is there any room for personal perspective ?

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Thu, 14 May 2020

Huguette . wrote: And I see 2 questions arising out of that perception, realization, understanding.

It is always more than one question is it not?

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Thu, 14 May 2020

We are the modern day monkeys. We are the product of social networks. We monkeies have mastered the habit of intellectual acrobats. We can easily argue with anybody including krishnamurti. We are not true people. We are fake creatures caught in the limitation or network of thought. If we were true seeker of the truth it would have been all different. (That is too much for this thread ofcoarce. )

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Mon, 11 May 2020

Paul Dimmock wrote: Thought cannot realise anything.

You are thought. If you can't realize anything then you must be dead. And most of us are dead people with a moving body. Because you seperate yourself( habitually) from your thought you never realize The fact that you are your thought. The thinker (you) is his thought. But you can't realize that because you have already chosen to be ignorant.(sorry to say that but it is you in general).

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Sun, 10 May 2020

Paul Dimmock wrote: But who is saying, ‘I don’t know’?

Thought realizes that it knows nothing psychologically. Thought sees the truth about itself. Therefore thought becomes quiet. That is meditation. Thought seeing it's own fallacy .

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Fri, 08 May 2020

We don't think,we merely rearrange thought. Thinking implies going above and beyond thought. Not rearranging thought.

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Thu, 07 May 2020

The word passion comes from the Latin word pati which neans to endure. Enduring the suffering...

Topic: "All want, all craving , is blinding..." Krishnamurti Thu, 07 May 2020

Krishnamurti Quote of the Day Public Talk 9th November, 1947 | Madras, India

Question: Are you not becoming our leader?

Krishnamurti: There are several ideas involved in this question; that I should enter politics; that I should help to lead India out of this present chaos and so on. Let us examine this question and see what it means. First of all, why do you want a leader; the question is not whether I am a leader and you are a follower. Why does one become a leader and why does one wish to be a follower, whether the leader be a man or a guru? We want a leader because we are uncertain. We do not know what to think; we are confused and because in our confusion we do not know what to do, we want somebody to protect us. Politically it becomes the tyranny of a dictator. That is what is happening and what is going to happen. When there is confusion, and psychologically we are confused, we want somebody to lead us. In the world there is confusion, misery, chaos, exploitation by the rich, by the capitalist, by the clever, by the intelligent, by those who have got a system and these become leaders, create a party and because we do not want anarchy we let them lead us. We do not want to be confused, we want somebody to tell us what to do. And so, we create leaders. Why do we create them?

Why do we hanker after leaders; why are we looking for leaders? Is it not because we want to be secure? We do not want to be uncertain about anything. Now, what happens? You not only create a leader but you become the follower. That is, you destroy yourself by following another. When you follow a tradition blindly, or follow a leader or a party, when you discipline yourself, are you not destroying your own thinking process? Instead there is confusion but nobody is going to bring order except yourself. Here is a marvellous state of confusion and you do not want to look at it. We want somebody to take us away from it. Then what happens? What do the leaders do? They get up and talk and they become leaders. But what they promise they must fulfil in action and when they cannot they feel frustrated.

So, exploitation exists not only between the worker and the owner, but also between the follower and the leader, because if the leader does not lead he feels lost. If the leader does not get up and talk on the platform what is he? You not only create the leader but because of his own frustration and confusion you are also exploiting him. Exploitation is mutual. Haven't you noticed this? As the leader depends upon you and you depend upon the leader where are we going to be led to?

This desire to create a leader is a form of self-fulfilment. You fulfil yourself in a leader and he fulfills himself in you, by seeking to save you, to guide you. But he is the leader you have created and therefore it is mutual exploitation, mutual self-fulfilment and therefore it is leading nowhere. Obviously it is exploitation, when it is only a self-fulfilment through organization. If there is self-fulfilment then it must lead to frustration and as we do not want to be frustrated we are always trying to watch for the inevitable. And therefore the leader becomes very important. He has to be the leader and you have to be the follower.

Now, I do not want to fulfil myself in that way. I do not believe in self-fulfilment, it leads to misery. It leads to chaos and as I do not depend on you financially or for my psychological demands, I am not your leader. It does not matter to me whether there is one or many or none to listen to me. I do not believe in mutual exploitation, it leads to such absurd indignities and intrigues and therefore I am not your leader and you are not going to make me your leader. That is very simple, because there must be the two, those who want to lead and those who want to be led. As I do not want to lead, nor to follow anybody I am out of that class. Because true reality is not found through following anybody, it is not self-fulfilment. It comes into being only when the self is absent, when there is freedom from psychological demands, when the mind is free to act in pursuing anything. The pursuit is indicative of creation and when all desires cease then there is reality.

Topic: Are we exerting all our energy to meet the current crisis? Wed, 06 May 2020

idiot ? wrote: Compassion is very simple. It's caring. You see someone suffering and you feel it. If anything can be done, it is done.

Compassion is not sympathy or feeling sorry for someone. Compassion means passion for all. Having no prejudice.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 1736 in total