Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Insights | moderated by Dappling Light (account deleted)

What To Do With a Guru

Closed_forum

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sun, 06 Sep 2009 #1
Thumb_stringio nick carter United States 211 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

withdrawn

This post was last updated by nick carter (account deleted) Mon, 07 Sep 2009.

Mon, 07 Sep 2009 #2
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 46 posts in this forum Offline

Why? Sounded interesting.

Mon, 07 Sep 2009 #3
Thumb_stringio nick carter United States 211 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Appearances can deceive and words can mislead, but if you can read between lines, you can recognize a disguise

Tue, 08 Sep 2009 #4
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 19 posts in this forum Offline

nick carter wrote:
Appearances can deceive and words can mislead, but if you can read between lines, you can recognize a disguise

Who is capable of reading between the lines?

Will it be of any help if Pot is calling the kettle black?

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Tue, 08 Sep 2009 #5

The cop is calling the poodle black

Wed, 09 Sep 2009 #6
Thumb_img001 Sudhir Sharma India 19 posts in this forum Offline

ganesan balachandran wrote:
I really need a guru to understand all these things gb

No, Sir, to understand the activities of your mind, to know with what it is occupied, you require no Guru.What will a true Guru do accept telling you to become more and more observant in life.He can point out certain things but the journey of understanding is to be undertaken by each one of us.And Sir, once you are capable of observing yor thought, feeling and action, then it doesn't matter what the other person is trying to teach you.You will have the key that dissolves sorrow, lonliness, fear etc in you.

Regards.

FLOW WITH LIFE!

Wed, 14 Oct 2009 #7
Thumb_untitled Dionny T United States 31 posts in this forum Offline

Gurus want power, they think and want to know everything. They seek pleasure in the needs of other. They want to be worshiped, and command the massis, just like the pope, and the priest politicians they are gurus, they live in their big golden palaces and while the world goes hungry, all that money, all that power gone to waste and for what for symbolism and pride in my religion my country,what are we, what have we become, the trees have more sense then we will ever have they just live. I'm mad as hell and I like it....passion is the fuel of the heart.,...

Sun, 18 Oct 2009 #8
Thumb_avatar Gokul Gopisetti India 5 posts in this forum Offline

If the guru can find out about himself, I too can. In me too is the latent human potentiality that makes me capable of independent enquiry. What K has done is he has created a generation of human beings who are capable of independent enquiry.

Fri, 23 Oct 2009 #9

Gokul Gopisetti wrote:
What K has done is he has created a generation of human beings who are capable of independent enquiry.

Is this true? To be capable of "independent enquiry" one would have to be free of all prejudice and preconception. To say that there exists an entire generation of such people implies not only that the one saying it is one such human being, but that this forum includes even more. But I see no evidence of such extraordinary beings. We're all bound and encumbered by our own "stuff", struggling desperately and conflictedly. Not that we shouldn't carry on, mind you, but that we shouldn't get carried away by fanciful notions.

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 #10
Thumb_avatar Gokul Gopisetti India 5 posts in this forum Offline

Before one met K, one did not know that one did not know and that the known can be an impediment to further knowing. To know that you don't know and to know that the known can prevent further knowing is the beginning of independent enquiry. All the while one has been going in one direction and then one day he hits a dead end, then does he continue in that direction? He takes a new turn and turns his back on the dead end. All the while you feel and think that the earth is static and then you see the fact that it not static, what happens? You turn your back on non-fact. There is a mutation isn't it? It?s finished, period. Likewise the very seeing of non-fact makes you capable of independent enquiry, doesn't it?
Finally, if you did not know that you did not know, will you ever enquire, find out?

This post was last updated by Gokul Gopisetti Sun, 01 Nov 2009.

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 #11
Thumb_rajghat_o9_027 kelly alamanou Greece 6 posts in this forum Offline

The greatest guru is our inner self.

limit your interests and your activities to what is needed for you and your dependants' barest needs. Save all your energies and time for breaking the wall your mind has built around you.

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 #12
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 57 posts in this forum Offline

kelly alamanou wrote:
The greatest guru is our inner self.

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 #13

Gokul Gopisetti wrote:
To know that you don't know and to know that the known can prevent further knowing is the beginning of independent enquiry.

This needs some clarification. There is the knowledge that enables one to function practically, and there is knowing when knowledge has no place.

Sun, 01 Nov 2009 #14
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 57 posts in this forum Offline

Yes, Guru is inside and outside.He/She/Guru pushes the individual mind from the external to the internal.From within, Guru(He/SHE) pulls the mind towards the soul/ATMA.This is the grace by Guru.God , Guru,Atma/soul,all, are the same One.
To understand the true figure of Guru, one must understand ones self.without understanding ones self, one cannot understand the GURUS self!How to understand the GURU? One must visualize the the whole world as ONE GURU! And in all the living beings in the world, one should visualize the GURU!
(Excerpts from the Teachings of SRI RAMANA MAHARSHI-Translated from Tamil by me)

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Tue, 03 Nov 2009 #15
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 69 posts in this forum Offline

What to do with the Guru?
The Rig Veda, an ancient scripture says, ?When we offer to a great being with reverence, what comes back is a portion of the Guru?s essence.? So offering dakshina creates a direct and ongoing connection with the source of grace in our lives. It allows us to participate in the universal cycle of giving and receiving and connects us with our own inner state of generosity. As we express this generosity of spirit in our lives, we experience a world that is generous in return.

humbly

gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Fri, 06 Nov 2009 #16
Thumb_new_pics Toni Lorenzo United States 5 posts in this forum Offline

Those who Criticize want to Learn Spiritual Truth - Guru

There is nothing so powerful as the truth, and nothing so strange. ? Daniel Webster (1782-1852)

Displaying all 16 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)