Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

One Self's Forum Activity | 990 posts in 1 forum


Forum: General Discussion Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: Look, come back to the word 'love' because it is really the same thing. Is love an experience? Is love something that we can know about?

What I say is logical. We can't talk about something we don't know or have not done it. Love is a dirty word . I love my nation,love my family, love my property and so on. If we haven't loved anybody then we can't talk about loving someone. We are second handed people . We talk from other people's experiences. If Krishnamurti talked about love it is because he has done it and knows what it is. Us talking about love or God or enlightenment is merely speculation without any meaning.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Win, It seems like you are losing clarity. Or your English understanding in extremely poor. I usually don't respond to you because I don't want to stimulate your further nonsenses. Now write more false statements.:-)

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: If we haven't loved anybody, as you suggest, then it puts us both in the perfect position to find out what it all means.

First of all is it a fact to both of us that we never loved and were never been loved by any one? All our relationships with another is a utilitarian relationship. We use them and they use us. Now, we have brought this utilitarian attitude which is based on reward and punishment into our own minds. Do you see where we are? Until we understand what we are doing with our lives we cannot talk about love.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 13 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Wim Opdam wrote: nobody can claim to know what K. Was or has done or knew.

Everybody knows what k has done and was. He was a world teacher. Just look online. If up to now you think that k was fake and he talked about love and he didn't know what it was I feel sorry for you. But you say that for the sake of your meaningless arguments. You are bored to death to say that kind of stuff with personal intentions. In any case I feel sorry for you .

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Jack leading others in here is like a blind man leading other blind men (or woman) to light.:-)

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Patricia Hemingway wrote: Who said anything about 'leading'?

It was no one but the great world teacher Mr j Krishnamurti. Who said that the leader destroys the follower and the follower destroys the leader. That is happening all over the world and specially in this site.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

“Silence is the best answer to a fool. " Nnedi Okorafor-Mbachu:

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

So apparently every person (if we can even call them one) in here is merely a troll. Trolls don't have anything of value to share and their personal life is miserable. That is why they troll all the time. We have bunch of old and bitter people in this site and these old and useless people attack any new comer in here and make them leave(like Idiot). Is that not strange that no new person joins this group of fools? I am talking to myself. I really don't care about dirty old fools. They are the ones who make life miserable for the new generations as republicans are doing in this country.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Patricia is close minded and finished. Wim is on medications and what he says is always irrelevant , jack is ignorant and anti-k. These three are the cause of decline in this site. And no conversation should be done with them by oneself.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Wim Opdam wrote: you labeling anyone who can not follow your way of thinking 'foolish'.

If anyone can't follow my way of thinking then should not make irrelevant comments . Plus I don't label anyone ,I tell who they have been acting as in here. They may have a double life but in here that is what they are to me,useless trolls.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: "Troll"

I looked up the word "troll"in the dictionary. The word has many different meanings but by troll I mean this one.

"4. To post inflammatory or irrelevant material on (an electronic forum) to provoke responses."

Troll is the person or a program that comes to a discussion and diverts it into personal attacks and defence where the troll is in control . It is the control thing. Who is the controller ?

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 14 Feb 2019
Topic: "Troll"

jack wrote: So now that YOU have identified who and what YOU are on this forum will YOU please stop?

The main character of a troll is that he is a copy cat. He pushes the word "you" all the time . the poor troll is stuck with the word "you" for ever.:-) And the troll is a constant blamer. Doesn't take any responsibility.

One is learning more and more about troll obstacles in this site.

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: That is why I asked you this question: what matters most to you?

What matter most to you means what? To most people security is the most important. I mean physical security of food cloth and shelter. My question is that why is there such a thought that something has to be more important than something else psychologically? The next question that comes up is that important to who? This is a little complicated and needs investigation but we are lazy to go into these things. We are fast food culture. We want everything immediately.

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

My suggestion to you Dan is that don't take sides . Tell what you said to jack. He is the one who calls you "asshole" and insists about it. Asshole is a label but ignorance is a fact. Twisted mind is a fact. There is no need to apologize for pointing out a fact about someone who is sitting there to attack you all the time. Apparently you guys have ran out of things to talk about. Start a discussion that is interesting and move on. Don't let jack lead you to nowhere as he has done so far.

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Go back and see when he said asshole. I wrote that new years are all based on religions. We have christian new year ,Jewish new year ,Muslim new year ,Chinese new year and so on. As soon as I said the above fact he labels me " asshole". Who would study the teachings and still be pro religion? ! He started the vulgarity and he is proud of it because that way he gets attention from you guys(the regulars in this site). He tries to distort my thinking by his use of foul languages so I never trust this guy. I don't use foul language, that is too low. when I say someone is anti-k I mean someone who his behaviour and way of thinking is anti-k. Krishnamurti said respectability is a curse .

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Yes I understand that by simply being submissive one creates less conflict. But the house is on fire. There is increasing world crisis. There is a rapid growing of racial hate in this country that didn't exist before. The house is on fire and we are picking on each other's spellings and English!

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 15 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

One can be aware of the trivial . And not make them to become the dominate . That is intelligence. To see the false as false and to see the truth in false.

Forum: General Discussion Sat, 16 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

It is odd that she uses the word "krishnamurti folowers"

Ken D wrote: Article on Krishnamurti:

"Today, the complex is one of eight educational centers around the world where Krishnamurti’s followers, drawn by his message to question established doctrine, hope to change the way people think about their religious beliefs. And using a network of schools, youth programs and dialogue groups, the foundation is working to diversify its reach to include a younger audience."

There is no krishnamurti's doctrine to follow. The problem is that kfa hires mostly people who are not very familiar with the teachings. But then again who cares!

Forum: General Discussion Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

So the man of truth has no problem living with the reality of our daily life. ..

Forum: General Discussion Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

The man of truth sees false as false. Not false as truth..that is the difference. ..

Forum: General Discussion Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Jack Pine wrote: Paul what do you expect to happen when you try to converse with "one self"? HE is the consummate follower of Krishnamurti. HE doesn't see this, of course. HE has idealized K and what K has pointed out and he, obviously, understands none of it.

HE has come to dominate this site by flooding it with ridiculous posts, thus making it worthless as a place of intelligent discussion. HIS ubiquitous posts are not only irrelevant but fawning at the feet of this image of K he has invented and come to worship. What do you hope to gain by encouraging this kind of behavior?

Just read the above . It is all about falsehood. He does that to get a response from Paul . That is exactly what trolls do. He can't answer Paul's question because he is not responsible. It is interesting that Dan wants me to apologize from this troll! A troll remains as a troll no matter what. The only way a troll can not be a troll is to eliminate the troll by himself which he won't because of his supporters in this small group.. That is why this site is on the decline. They won't allow the troll to say anything on the two other discussions because they know who he is and how he is obsessed with image-making of others. He is an anti-k without a doubt by his false image makings . I feel sorry for the troll. Now I am getting ready to go to a party and talk to real people instead of fictitious ones in here.

.

Forum: General Discussion Sun, 17 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: One Self: What matter most to you means what? To most people security is the most important.

If I am insecure security is important to me,if I am hungry food is important to me, if I am lonely then companionship becomes important to me. So what we don't have becomes important to us. If I don't have enough money then money becomes important. So it is all relative and there is no solid answer to a relative question ,is there?

It means: what matters most to you? Are you like most people? Is it security first?

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Wim Opdam wrote: Commentaries on Living Series I | 'Self-Esteem'.

What is the point of copy and paste Krishnamurti when you yourself have nothing to say about it? Anybody can do that from jkrishnamurti.org. It is no rocket scientist.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: For me, dialogue is the most important thing in life, not the destination but the whole journey of it. But if you or X or Y have other passions, we are never going to meet. So what is your passion? Let's put it this way instead.

Do you mean to say that you have passion for a telegraphic dialogue. One message a day!

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Jack Pine wrote: You seem to find endless ways to show yourself for being a hypocritical fool.

The reason that I call this guy an anti-k is that he has never changed his way of thinking(since 40 years ago) . If have noticed his way of thinking is based on condemnation or justification. The poor guy hasn't got the first thing that Krishnamurti taught him! What can I say?

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Wim Opdam wrote: The river of Love can be pollute on the way so I gave the very pure source. The rest is up to you.

You are right: I've nothing to say for myself only to express my love for the Teaching.

There is no way to have love merely for the teachings and at the same time misunderstanding simple things. Love is simplicity and cannot be directed to merely one person or to a few people.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 18 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: What to you is the most important thing in life?

Did you understand what I said about something being important? Importance implies conflict. So don't ask what is important to you? Nothing is important. No VIP nothing.

Paul Dimmock wrote: What is your passion? I have told you mine. What is yours?

My passion is having more passion.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 19 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

Paul Dimmock wrote: One Self wrote: My passion is having more passion.

Right. That's greed. That's the desire for more. It isn't passion. It's like an old man who wants more years of life.

See how blind we are when it comes to ourselves. Your passion for dialogue is not greed! You want to have dialogue, that is greed. Society and this forum is based on greed. Why condemn greed ! Greed is you ,live with it and don't listen to others who condemn you with their phoney words..

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 19 Feb 2019
Topic: Can we ask the right question?

I have no response to wim or jack . They are deeply hurt and whatever comes out of a hurt man is more hurt. So I suggest to wim an jack to stop responding with condemnatory comments to me. Dig your graves somewhere else.:-)

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 19 Feb 2019
Topic: Are we here to perpetuate ego ?

One Self wrote: Ego is a problem in every level of our being from the familly to the politics, i think eventualy one has to learn how to coexist with other people's ego and yet not get involved which is very hard to do.

It is almost impossible not to get involve with the egos of the others these days. But not all egos are as bad as the other egos.. For example President Obama's ego and Trump's ego are not the same. Unfortunately in this small group we see things black and white. Totally against the teachings .