Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

French Touch's Forum Activity | 90 posts in 5 forums


Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 21 Nov 2009
Topic: Love

Hi bob,

Robert Michael wrote: I happen to also agree with much of U. G.'s (and Osho's) criticism of K. Which in spite of it, U. G. (and likewise Osho) did have a deep heartfelt admiration, respect, and appreciation of K, which I also have.

I have too. Not sure U.G.K did?

it seems to me that your criticism of K is growing?

I'd like to propose a different exercise : I'm reading again "Education and the Significance of Life" I can't find any flaw in it. Can you?

At some point U.G. Osho and K are freaks (we all are) but when they say something that makes sense I enjoy it and the freak does not count anymore.

"Truth is far more important than the teacher".K

What do you think?

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Thu, 26 Nov 2009
Topic: Love

Robert Michael wrote: FT: I'd like to propose a different exercise : I'm reading again "Education and the Significance of Life." I can't find any flaw in it. Can you?

Bob: I've never read that book.

Hi, here is a link (this book is one of the more dense I know) http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teach...=

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Thu, 03 Dec 2009
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

The quote is still not complete :

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teach...

I do not want an ashram for the simple reason that you are more important than the ashram; I really feel it. The ashram becomes a nightmare. Sir, what happens in the ashram? The teacher becomes important; it is not the seeker, but the guru who is important. The guru is all authority, and you have given him that authority because the moment you support a guru, you make him into an authority. Therefore, when you join these ashrams you are destroying yourself. (Laughter) Please do not laugh it off. Look at people who have come out of ashrams. They are dull, weary, their blood has been sucked away, and they are thrown out as shadows. Self-immolation to an idea is not finding truth - it is only another form of gratification. Where there is search for gratification, there is no search for reality. So, you are the only reference, not another, not an ashram, not a community. If you want to form a community for experimenting, it should not become your reference, for the moment it becomes your reference, your authority, you are no longer seeking truth - you are basking in the sunshine of another's action. That is what you want. You all want reflected glory. That is why you join ashrams, pursue gurus, form communities; and inevitably they will fail because the teacher becomes all-important and not you. If you are searching for truth, you will never join an ashram, you will never have the reference of another. You will have your own reference, and you can have your own reference only when you are very honest, and that honesty comes only when you experiment. A man who experiments and wants a result is obviously not experimenting. A man who experiments does not know what is going to come out. That is the beauty of experimentation. If you know what is going to come out of it, you are not experimenting. So, the difficulty in having a teacher, a community, an ashram, lies in this: that you make it your reference, you make it your shelter. The guru is not so much at fault as the follower. You make your guru your reference, you hand your life over to him to be told what to do. No man can tell you what to do. If he tells you what to do, he does not know; a man who knows does not know. Do not seek a reference, do not seek shelters, but experiment, become confident; then you will have your own reference, which is truth. Then you will be aware that you are the community, you are your own ashram. Where you are is very important, for truth is very near you if you only look.

As I say : Be your own light. Don't look to somebody else. (I think he said it too ; )

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Wed, 16 Dec 2009
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Patricia Hemingway wrote: So do you believe it can all just be dismissed? Do you think there is no necessity to understand it? Just denial of it - and move on, into your own secure little 'present moment'?

I really question that theory! It smacks of cop-out.

Isn't the whole disordered history of humankind active in each present moment? Where is the responsibility for all this? Is that to be denied also?

Hi Patricia,

It's all depending where you are on the slippery path of Krishnamurti teaching. Don't you think? Yes we are all responsible of this disorder, but it does not help to spend a life to try to understand it. No denial here. See the fact and move on. Just don't participate in all this mess : psychological time, tradition, nationalism, religion, you know the rest.

There is no security, except understanding and accepting the limitation of understanding. I would say it comes with exhaustion ; ) When you are exhausted from understanding there is no place for the self anymore. Here come the insight : ) I've been greedy. Now I'm tired of it. I don't care about that anymore. I just try to be smart and in good health, nothing else.

Nobody has stepped out of the evolutionary process, it is just that nothing have change yet. But there not much time now.

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 19 Dec 2009
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Max,

I think David was talking about the new GUI.

But typical of how discussions go... ; )

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Tue, 22 Dec 2009
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Robert Michael wrote: J. Krishnamurti said: "Parents are the most dangerous human beings! They destroy their children, because they are uneducated." (J. K. - 'The Awakening of Intelligence') This is simply not the case at all. Us parents do very often destroy our children, as K rightly states here, though not because we are uneducated, but because we have not overcome our own conditioning.

Bob M.

Hi Bob,

I don't think Krishnamurti meant anything else.

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Fri, 25 Dec 2009
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Galaxy Eh wrote: Robert Michael wrote: "Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.) Bob: This quote of yours doesn't make any sense. Nature doesn't need any such person.

On the other board Eden quoted this : "You cannot learn anything essential from the life of another." --K

Make sense for you here?

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Tue, 29 Dec 2009
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

One question here. Is there two brains? David's brain and Bob's brain? Or is there only one brain? An if there is only one, how does any possible conflict still stand?

Do we need love to understand anything or do we need to understand to be able to love?

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Fri, 01 Jan 2010
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Patricia Hemingway wrote: There is one human brain French Touch.

Nice to see somebody following. : ) Happy new year!

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 02 Jan 2010
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

ganesan balachandran wrote: i have been telling that vedas are the programme for all such insights. gb

Veda ? What is this? Can I buy it here in France?

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 02 Jan 2010
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

ganesan balachandran wrote: Understanding of JK is enough, howevver if you want to go beyond Sri Aurobindo's version will be helpful.

Hello ganesan,

I was ironic here. When I see people interested by Sri Aurobindo and Mother I have no suprise I can't get anybody interested by J. Krishnamurti. All I read by Sri Aurobindo and around Mother was a huge waste of time for me. I'm not saying that I'm right and that you are wrong. Just my 2 cts.

Veda or Vedas are just scriptures and tradition. Who cares about that?

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 02 Jan 2010
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

French Touch wrote: When I see people interested by Sri Aurobindo and Mother I have no suprise I can't get anybody interested by J. Krishnamurti.

Again when I write this I don't say I'm right you are wrong. Quite the contrary, I'm just pondering the fact than if Sri Aurobindo can be crap for me J.Krishnamurti could be crap for others...

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 02 Jan 2010
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Robert Michael wrote: There's only one 'Promised Land', FT. How or with who's help or direction one arrives there is not really important.

Hi Bob,

"Nonsense"(only speaking of my own experience with previous reading some years ago. I don't know what I would think now) like Sri Aurobindo and Mère and what has related by Satprem was just boring to me, and seemed a big hindrance to any open mind (maybe because supramental is always mental).

Forum: K, psychology and the physical brain Sat, 02 Jan 2010
Topic: Discussion of Kinfonet's Daily Quotes.....

Robert Michael wrote: A very open mind also being one that doesn't put all its eggs in one basket, so to speak.

Oh, I don't do that. I've just completed this afternoon the English version of Spinoza's Ethics for this multilingual version http://bit.ly/5lbouP (I've been working on this project lately).

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 25 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

max greene wrote: Next time I get a dog I'm going to name it "Lotsalove." In remembrance of all the postings I've seen on Kinfonet.

"Love", I really don't like this word. "Understanding" is THE word.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 25 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

May I remind you that you have some tools to find stuff around.

A man who loves is dangerous, and we do not want to live dangerously; we want to live efficiently, we want to live merely in the framework of organization because we think organizations are going to bring order and peace in the world. Organizations have never brought order and peace. Only love, only goodwill, only mercy can bring order and peace, ultimately and therefore now.

http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/

Apart from this, could you stop bickering as so you were separate individuals. You are not. ;-)

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 25 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

Letters to a young friend http://bit.ly/7knhfS

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 25 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

David Loucks wrote: French Touch? Doing the same thing you accuse me of.

I did not point out anybody specifically. Beside I've never pretended to be different from anybody here. Just the opposite.

And also you don't have to rely only on words --> ; )

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 26 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

RICK LEIN wrote:

David Loucks wrote: You spent some time escaping from life through alcohol and now, still unable to face your life as it is, you have invented an elaborate fantasy with you as the heroic center. It's so pathetic.

Thanks David,He probably tried to pervert the purpose of A.A. in his own image as well,so they wouldn't let him chair a meeting,at best we have a dry drunk thing here,he may have stopped the drink,but his thought processes still stink!

Krishnamurti was an alcoholic?

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

The reason why Bob was a problem for you is beyond my mind.

But I've seen that sort of things on too many forums.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

Hi Bob! Thanks for this reading recommendation: http://www.jkrishnamurti.org/krishnamurti-teach...

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

Patricia Hemingway wrote: BobM will be back - with another name but with the same self-deluded proclamations and claims-to-fame. He can't help himself!

Hi Patricia,

Let's say you are right here. Is there any problem with that for you?

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

Patricia Hemingway wrote: That said - I can also understand why the admin have banned him. It is a bit like swatting a rather annoying fly.

So Bob was interesting, that why it was a bit of a problem. Like I said, all that is beyond my mind.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 27 Jan 2010
Topic: The transformation

Robert Michael wrote: Enjoy your days and drop a line if you so choose.

Best wishes,

Bob M.

new.trailblazer@yahoo.com

I will.

Take care Bob.

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 01 Aug 2014
Topic: Russell Brand

http://youtu.be/EMfjL_iXQsk

Forum: General Discussion Fri, 22 Aug 2014
Topic: Insight and Meditation

What is meditation ? Why this inflated reputation?

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 23 Mar 2015
Topic: There is no such thing as a 'partial insight'

Mina Martini wrote: An insight is a crack, an opening, in the blanket of thought

Love this

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 06 Aug 2015
Topic: Is psychology a bad thing?

What about having insights whit them (psychologists, psychiatrists) just talking together?

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 16 Nov 2015
Topic: How many transcripts, audio, video & recordings

Do we have an approximative number?

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 22 Dec 2015
Topic: Meditation of the heart ?

Isn't just a way to say you have to give everything, to be passionate for such an understanding (meditation including different moments? Once is being passionate, another is being silent)?