Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

George Lanroh's Forum Activity | 271 posts in 3 forums


Forum: General Discussion Mon, 10 May 2010
Topic: Keeping The Faith

Greg Van Tongeren wrote: gv: the more awareness there is of what can not be lost, the less there is dread of losing what can and ultimately will be lost. see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5yhJ3dXOgY

Greg

Just wanted to say thanks for the link, seen all six.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 20 May 2010
Topic: Sad News to Report

Jyothiprakash Hegde, Mystry.

Few people have touch my life like Jothiprakash Hegde. He helped me to open my eyes and heart. This life was better because Mystry, Jyothiprakash Hegde touched it, came into it, shared it. I don't know, Mystry remained a mystery in the sense of name and place, who he was as an image but shared a door straight to his core and what I seen was my fellow human being which I walked with often and loved every moment of it.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 10 Nov 2010
Topic: My Daily Dialogue With Krishnamurti

Dr.sudhir sharma wrote: " Awareness is the quality of a still, agile mind and all ideas disturb/corrupt this stillness and agility."

This mind still does it not also know its stillness, this lack of movement, and at the same time know how to move expressing its creativeness with the use of time as potter uses clay? Knowing its original essence that of empty silence its creations are not separate from its self, it sees its self in its creations. Yet at any time this mind takes its self for any one of its creations corruption comes in and duality begins.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 15 Nov 2010
Topic: Can this forum make a sense for us?

It seems that we can care for the person who we are speaking with. If we see that they maybe identifying with an image we can ask that person for example: What supports your conclusion as a fact, how has your understanding come about. The person may see something new or maybe we ourselves maybe surprised at what we see about our own conclusions.

It seems though I could be in error but for this kind of dialogue to take place a tremendous affection must be for ones fellow human being. That one must care about that person and their state of mind and ones influence upon that state of mind. Anything less its duality.

Forum: General Discussion Sun, 07 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

Katy A wrote: It is my brain which directs my person and I, Katy, will cease to be or knowing (intellectually) that I was ever here at all when my brain dies.

Katy, in a sense we were never really here ever. In a sense it is faith that is required to continue to believe we are a separate existence from the whole. If being a catholic at one time can be negated and a new identity can be assumed in order to maintain orbit outside the whole :) Then maybe, just maybe the identification with a separate self is nothing more then your self in a dream which states she is going to be there upon waking up :) I hope you don't mind my intrusion I was just enjoying all that you were pointing to.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 08 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

dhirendra singh wrote: :) All I mean that after death, energy as a 'person x' change in such way into an other form which never returns back in form of that person 'x', unless scientist, in future, discover to copy and pate it;) Person ends, but let the energy stay forever, that energy is not my grandpaa, he is dead.

Yes Grandpa ends, yet Grandpa can also end in what we call this life time if and when the restrictions of accumulations are transcended. This applies to ourselves as seen here as to the accumulations which fixate us.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 08 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

Katy A wrote: Thanks, George, for this observation which lets me see/know the 'farcicle' or false elements. I did wake up this morning so I believe that I am still here:)

This is a touchy subject. Were you still here or was it your accumulated image of yourself here? :) Im only saying upon physical death or when the body is still walking about, the image of ourselves which can limit consciousness can end or simply be used for convenience, a tool, a marker, an address for that which can step out of accumulation and go beyond. And address (he he) a P.O box for that which has no home. As seen here.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 08 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

Satya Prakash wrote: When faith is in operation, then necessity to see is already badly compromised, isn't it?

Yes faith is an obstacle to the limitless.

Satya Prakash wrote: Nice to read your reply in a different forum, George.

Its nice to come out of the dungeon once in awhile.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 08 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

Arthur Landon wrote: "The limitless" is a fanciful notion of the limited.

An antidote.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 08 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

Arthur Landon wrote: George, please stop making statements like this without elaborating or explaining. What the devil are you talking about? Who is transcending what? What is being "transcended"?

Yes, from the first not a thing is. Then why ask for explanations :)

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: A Letter

john Campbell wrote: The stars up close to the moon were pale; they got brighter and braver the farther they got out of the circle of light ruled by the giant moon” ? Ken Kesey, One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Strange your mention of one flew over the cuckoo's nest because I was already writing this note below when I seen your mention.

I am not sure, I could be way off but Paul and Katy share some traits. Long responses, lots of links to other sites, strange avatars that change often, being banned or leaving and coming back again and again. Im not sure but I am beginning to think I myself must be a patient in the movie one flew over the cuckoo's nest. I am sorry if I am in error but so much here seems bizarre.

The only difference between a patient in a mental hospital and a free man/woman is one says he is God and the other that we are all God.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Who Are You?

pavani rao wrote: And in a way I would suggest do it more often ( provided you don't mind heeding my suggestion ) :)

Now I am torn between to lovers. I love the truth you offered in your suggestion because there is no use transmitting what a receiver at this time may not be tuned to. Not that I know the truth, I sense we all hold a piece of that puzzle but not it all. Yet it is when we vaguely hear the signal and adjust to draw it in I sense we hear something new. Most often we make no adjustment so listen only to old songs. And yes it works both ways. I hope I am still not missing your suggestion. I am trying to adjust :)

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: Why is it so difficult to maintain sanity in the presence of provocative words? Why do we ignore our interest as a poster wanting useful discussion here?

We allow the past to have effect on the present even though the present without memory is free of the past. Even if the past is made present the actual cause of a hurt is not present that was in the past. Yes an event happened but the cause is long gone, now it is the person who is reacting to the past which holds both cause and effect because they do not see that the cause is not now but long ago. In a nut shell we keep on believing that a cause of yesterdays event is continuous and does not end with yesterdays event. Upon memory we bring the event forward with both cause and effect when today the cause was not. Hope that makes sense. If not disregard. Of coarse just one of many reasons for our forum troubles though all of time.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

One of the reasons for the break down is post like 3 and 4 of this thread. Even if one ignores ones own conditioned response and know one is being baited for the switch you received with post 3. There are those among us who only see such activities as differences in personalities and not the activities of an unwatched ego. Even any attempt to look for a solution is pointed out to be the problem, shifting once again for years the light of the real problem of identification with a false image of ones self from the past. Because it is a shadow and not the truth it must be puffed up all the time through smoke and mirrors. The bait and switch is to divert attention from this lie of time being exposed.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Arthur Landon wrote: Without the past informing the present one is mindless, agog, a moron.

With the past informing the present one is not actually in contact with the now so does not see what is in the present as if anew. Very mechanical as seen here when the past is the only thing present.

Arthur Landon wrote: If you're conscious, the past is always present, like it or not.

In the above light man has never changed, and cannot change. Change is see as very possible. Because a person is a thief to day does not mean for always. This is what I was pointing out in post 2 on this thread. Forgiveness is only when an event of yesterday never happened. If not how is it truly forgiven. Most often here at the forum events only happen as they pass through the Vail of our conditioning. Without the Vail they never happened. But this is how we talk about tea pots when the true light is upon drinking the tea. I speak in metaphors because as many here have seen it is in the negation of time the die of the past is smashed and not by being subject to the notion that there is nothing beyond. This very moment is beyond when everything is forgiven in the same light mentioned above. It never happened. Every hour/minute as much as possible it would be good if we showed up with: beyond what I read right now, nothing else has ever happened.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Arthur Landon wrote: It's hard to tell just what it is you're trying to say, George, but the reader gets the idea: you feel superior to "an unwatched ego". Whatever the ego is, you think yours is watched, or some such nonsense.

One feels asleep to an unwatched ego and awake when watched. When watched there is no accumulation happening to feel superior to an unwatched ego :) Only the sharing of a seeing because one is equal with ones fellow man as to being conditioned to look through the past and missing so very often there can be the anew. I do apologize if I write in such a way that is hard for you to hear what I am saying. I will work on seeing if I can adjust my writing so you can here me better.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

G M wrote: Being 'dimly aware' is a state where one unconsciously and mistakenly believe that there is a way out of the 'cognitive bias'.

Good eye G M, timing is everything.

Forum: General Discussion Tue, 09 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Eve G. wrote: then recycle this dimly awareness to a belief that this is all there is and imposing it as a fact.

Hi Eve

I am not sure if we are on the same page so I thought I would check :) The dim belief that there is a way out is not unlike the notion with time that one is stuck or that there is some where to go. It is not that there is nothing one should do to light the illusions of being stuck or free. In this mans eyes it is not within the field of time that waking up occurs It is upon seeing the whole field from outside it. Then one just puts it down and walks on. For that matter it just evaporates. Is this how you see it plus or minus. It is hard to but these things in words. How does one say that the ball and chain on ones leg is invisible when it may appear as totally solid. But yes to this man it is invisible much of the time, just not all the time :)

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: George, the past stored in memory as my knowledge, experiences, belief, hurt, tradition, achievements etc is 'myself/I/ego'. This "I" reacts before one is conscious of such reaction coming...the only thing one can do after reacting is to decide whether to express this reaction by spoken or written words or not.

Does the power to make this decision give one the freedom from being hurt or hurting others?

Yes but in that space between reaction and the spoken or written word is what has been learned during self enquiry. The dream like nature which has or had produced a field with defined lines to keep us penned in, corralled. In that space the seeing speaks and not the conditioning. I would like to say and I hope not opening a can a worms. Here in the forum it has and had been like a few members were banging instruments as many were attempting to talk. The sense here is to ignore the noise in the house we all share is to have our new guest leave or old tenants move on to a quieter quarters. This man was starting to pack. All to often someone banging a drum in a corner has been looked at as a contribution denying the intent behind the drumming and calling any request to put the insults down reaction. Maybe in one sense it is but: Is it reaction if a speaker is drummed out and all ability for them to speak is stifled by a louder reactionary seeking movement? Maybe I am in error but I don't think Krishnamurti in a group setting would have a member calling him an idiot every few exchanges without throwing them out. The sense here is we as a group must decide what king of environment we wish to create keeping in mind the pen, the corral which limitations can create. Of coarse just my view. There should be no reason this all can't be talked about between people who have the quality of enquiry in mind as their motive. My response to you could be seen as reactionary but pulling a nail out of ones foot is also reationary.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: Your analysis and explanation of the issue involved seem correct, but will they free you and the recepient of your post of hurts or tendency to hurt another?

I see your point but here in the forum recently hurt for this man was not seen as the issue. More so a trumpet blowing as soon as one would speak so that any listener would hear the trumpet and not so much the message of the speaker. I would agree with you often the case we as human beings react blindly to the authority of our conditioning which is behind hurt. But in the case of what has been going on here in the forum recently and correct me if I am in error the seed behind your thread. Our forums had been over run by mischief intention and not the intention of goodwill to fellowmen. Satya I hope if I am in error someone will enlighten me. I would not have a child bang pots and pans no less an adult when someone is talking in my house.

Forum: General Discussion Wed, 10 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: With the help of well thought out arguments, logic and reasoning, one may succeed in showing the weaknesses (or demolishing it completely) in other's knowledge/understanding/observation. Can this show of better knowledge/understanding become a cause that invites aggressive, hurting retaliation?

How many of us are conscious of this aspect of discussion when responding to a poster?

Is there such a thing as malicious intent. Sure the lights are on but nobody home but conditioning. So malicious conditioning as a movement coming from a human being how do you work with that? To answer all questions or all encounters with ones own silence pointing to the observer being the observed, seems to discount the possibility of malicious horse play as a possibility. But I am listening. Right now it seems to me that it does not matter how we want to deny the elephant in the room it is still there, the malicious intent that is.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: This is a complex point to discuss, George. On one side is the mischief making intention of another (you will agree that this would be my baby/image of him) and the other side of the issue would be the compulsions operating in him that force him to behave/write the way he does. Do you feel that he does what he does with a quiet, happy, peaceful frame of mind? Has he any choice in the matter?

No choice in the matter and yes this is what makes all this so difficult. And yes I see the baby/image one has of him. I was listening I hope very carefully to Randal and your exchange on the staying with what is verses what should be. Staying with what is does negate all of time as self and in doing so also ends conflict. A question I am putting to myself is that of co-operation. On one hand co-operation can be viewed as the acceptance of what is. On the other, can human beings come together and co-operate without compromise? I do see that within any group of people who come together for a common purpose there will be differences of what means are employed to arrive at the destination. There will be maybe many different notions of what that destination is. There maybe those who say there is no destination and arrival is the realization that there is nowhere to go. Even the later requires a means to communicate arrival to be outside of time. It is very easy to arrive at a lot of us talking about how many Angels can sit on top of a pin and upon disagreeing a few members are band. Oh what a tragedy and I mean this from my heart. And then there is as you pointed out a person having no choice in the way they respond. How do we ourselves remain outside of time while talking about time when the distance traveled to be out is zero? Mean while most often in attempting to point out that zero distance needs to be traveled there is conflicts which ends up in the form of conflict. Its as if we should never of opened our mouths in the first place :) Lets have a cup of tea.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: Am I listening to settle the issue (presence or absence of malicious intention here or anywhere) one way or another? Or am I listening to first understand (and later perhaps be free of) all the reactions raised by the issue within before taking any action? Do I have any basis for right action if I don't do this first?

No one doesn't. You are right in what you say above. Give onto Cesar what is Cesar. blind reaction is thought giving onto thought, authority upon authority. Some how we need to arrive back at the beginning by realizing we never left. How does one if so fortunate to have nothing lacking explain to ones fellow man that he/she is his equal and has nothing lacking ether? The mere mention that they have nothing lacking implies there is such a thing as blindness. Where do we get these fantastic idea's :) We need to keep our eyes on the road and not the wipers as pointed out in the thread free flow by Mina :) Leave the intellect for the technical if not thought likes to sit there and chew its own tail thinking its having a great meal.

Forum: General Discussion Thu, 11 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

max greene wrote: To come together in the present without consideration of the past is to find truth, not compromise and choice.

Hi Max

Yes, but does this not assume that all members of the circle will be present and outside of the confines of the past. Upon arriving together, if that was to happen. Would we agree that the whole world which thought built is nothing more then an illusion? How do we proceed from there to lets say create a forum in which produces an atmosphere where stepping out of time is nurtured. I little notion/thought just became present. Free of time there would be no forum and no members. Freedom seems to just take every thing away :)

Forum: General Discussion Sat, 13 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

max greene wrote: George Lanroh wrote: How do we proceed from there to . . . create a forum .. which produces an atmosphere . . . out of time. . .

Communion is essential -- communion implying sharing and mutual understanding.

I see this with you Max.

max greene wrote: But can the tremendous reality of the present -- which is not of time -- be brought to the attention of others through someone telling how to see it? As you said somewhere else: It is up to each person to do this for himself. One can discuss and suggest but not give instructions on "how to."

Your response has such a melody to it that I have nothing to add. I am just singing along.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: What is one to do to be free of such self-interest based dividing reactions?

We have to see our fellow man or woman as neutral and the strange sounds coming from their mouths as our own interpretations of what these strange sounds mean. If not we will forever remain divided holding guilty our fellow man for our own interpretations. This leaves wide open the role a moderators plays, though I do sense the above insight changes radically the human which may play such a role. My Internet has been down I will return later to respond to your other replies. I thank you for them.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Satya Prakash wrote: George? So, I feel that telling another that "he has nothing lacking either" is neither a fact for him nor advisable as it will amount to inviting him to create illusions of "That" state which lacks nothing.

I could see all this if my horse would just hold still long enough for me to get on. Ah! I just realized I don't have a horse. It must of looked awful silly to all you on lookers me trying to get on a horse that wasn't there :) In a sense isn't that what it looks like when we do not share an illusion with our fellow man. I know there is no need to feel left out I am sure we have our own invisible horse somewhere. Ok Saddle up! :) Satya your going to tell me there is only invisible horse because we believe there is cowboys to saddle them.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Eve G. wrote: We do need to approach each other kindly as friends, and when/where drugs and alcohol are involved you are dealing with something more complicated than just the human. About words and hurt, it is my understanding that K spoke about the image and the possibility of NEVER TO BE hurt through the understanding of what is image and image creation and what is it that gets hurt.

I understand what you have said above and agree with what you have wrote. I am beginning to understand the need to see and hear with our whole being. I am also seeing a need to step out of the whole story of our existence not keeping a page or two. If not that will be the foundation, just enough DNA to recreate the past as if it never became close to extinction. Then the 50 thousand year old man/woman will keep on returning because the gap required for the new never appeared. The old man really needs put to rest, no longer identified with.

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

Mina Martini wrote: Mina: Wonderful! And when there is no interpretation at all, no matter what words may come out of my fellow human beings mouth.

Then when they reappear there is the possibility that we will see it is our words that are coming from his mouth. For some reason most often we say through him stay back don't become close because we are separate. This must be a great lie because it was our words coming from his mouth only a moment ago. I don't mean to be to abstract today just sharing ones meditations upon the responses of my friends/myself :)

Forum: General Discussion Mon, 15 Apr 2013
Topic: Using Words To Hurt Another

max greene wrote: Good to see discussion without the bitterness and rancor we have experienced in the past.

I can't put it exactly into the right words. But often it felt like the cure, ego poking, had become the disease.