Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Awareness in our world today | moderated by Krishnan Srinivasan

Will there be fruit from the seed of K's Teaching

Closed_forum

Displaying all 11 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 14 Aug 2009 #1
Thumb_12 madhav mool Nepal 19 posts in this forum Offline

Krishnamuti Teaching can be consider absolutely new, and there're numerous K' Reader around the world and other subject as Krishnamurti Foundations, Krishnamurti Study Centre etc. it's meaning spreading day by day. Can we feel it's effect by ourselves ?

Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #2
Thumb_photo Prasanna P India 33 posts in this forum Offline

Yes Madhav, I think, some day some one who has read K, would advance it further to make it effective.

Unless Advanced, K's Teachings May Remain As Ineffective As of Now

Mon, 24 Aug 2009 #3
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Prasanna P wrote:
Yes Madhav, I think, some day some one who has read K, would advance it further to make it effective.

"Will Krishnamurti's spiritual legacy to the world be another Krishnamurti in the future to give voice again to the passionate song?" (Sidney Field - 'Krishnamurti, The Reluctant Messiah')

Yes! Though he'll be far more than just a reader of K, and he won't come from the ranks of any of the many K organizations, groups, etc. And he will have a teaching or an approach that's truly effective.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #4
Thumb_photo Prasanna P India 33 posts in this forum Offline

Robert Michael wrote:
And he will have a teaching or an approach that's truly effective

Yes, Bob. If it isn't really effective, either it won't take off at all or it will be only flying high in the sky like a K or Buddha, i.e., beyond the reach of mankind.

Unless Advanced, K's Teachings May Remain As Ineffective As of Now

Tue, 25 Aug 2009 #5
Thumb_deleted_user_med Robert Michael United States 116 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Prasanna P wrote:
Yes, Bob. If it isn't really effective, either it won't take off at all or it will be only flying high in the sky like a K or Buddha, i.e., beyond the reach of mankind.

Yes Prasanna, it's become quite clear to me that nearly all of the 'spiritual giants', so to speak, were so heavenly bound that they were of little, if any, earthly good.

The sharing of personal, down to earth experiences of how one in fact regained Kingdom entry, or recaptured in full the joy of his youth, is what our world really needs and awaits.

Bob M.

"Very soon a man shall appear who will finally dispell the universal darkness from our world." (Bob M.)

Tue, 29 Sep 2009 #6
Thumb_stringio mike christani United States 2 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

One wonders what planet some people are from. Or, is it the aliens that are going to come save us wth some lucid, stepped down teachings?

Is one, to do any earthly good, to copy the teacher, imitate his responses and so on?

Frankly, there is much, much in K's teaching, and every time you come upon it again, read it anew, if you're awake, you can find new and deeper truths. For example: I read The Awakening of Inteligence when I was 23. It was quite an awakening (so to speak)! But since then, I'll pick it up, or any other K's books, and it gives me a deeper, more singificant understanding.

I guess I'm saying, if you go to the well with a glass, you get so much. If you go with a bucket, ... ! In other words, don't blame the teachings, and above all don't claim the poor masses need someone more understandable. Have you ever read Think on these Things? A very simple, yet full, full of content.

And as far as "down to earth" "earthly" things- shall we be robots? parrots? You cant blueprint conduct, and if you do, it is sterile, a copy.

Wed, 30 Sep 2009 #7

Hi Mike,

First to answer the question of this forum thread title ("Will there be fruit from the seed of K's Teaching?"). There was no "fruit" from the seed of K's teachings that Krishnamurti was aware of. He made this clear 10 days before he died when he said no one in any of his organizations or among the public understood him or lived the teachings. He also said that if he ever ran across anyone who attained to that state of liberation that he had found he would surely recognize it in them.

He too once said that the teachings were to know oneself, discover oneself, understand oneself. To be totally true to oneself. Therefore they were not unique. So it's not so much the teachings that we need to understand, but rather it is ourselves that we must understand, and from my own experience doing and utilizing WHATEVER it takes in order to accomplish this greatest of challenges.

From my vantage point probably the two most important things that lead to my freedom from the bondage of the falsely-conditioned self (though I've learned lots of things of value from many, many people) were K's works and his living example (Lutyen's and Jayakar's biographies of him especially) and AA's (Bill W.'s) 12 steps. Of course I too underwent several vital and necessary self-shattering spiritual awakenings or "turning point" experiences much like K underwent in 1922 and at other times throughout his life. Which I feel studying Lutyen's book "The Years of Awakening" definitely helped thrust me into.

I believe "Think On These Things" is surely one of K's better books, yet understanding its contents, no matter how clearly, will not in itself lead one to that rare and radical transcendent state of mind and body that K had attained to. A radical shift or mutation of conscience or consciousness must take place in a person if he is to discover that state of totally new being. And if and when this takes place in a person he will definitely know that something of a totally revolutionary nature took place in him. He will also come to experience what it is to be a light unto himself and others. He will also keenly know or realize when he is not a light and therefore a servant of the darkness again, as was the case so often in the past.

Lastly, K often stressed to need for an ongoing and never ending purification of the brain, which is also necessary, not only for the maintenance of one's mental and bodily health, but also to remain a bright shining light. Since if one is not vigilant in being "self-critically aware", his light can and will lose it's radiance. Which, sooner or later, has happened even in the best of men, including K.

"If a man doesn't RADICALLY CHANGE, fundamentally bring about a mutation in himself, we will destroy ourselves." (J. K. - 1985)

My view on this is that eventually, when the right teacher with the right teaching comes along, a few will radically change and many will indeed destroy themselves or be destroyed.

Finally, going back again to the initial question here ("Will there be fruit from the seed of K's Teaching?"), I think we can rightly say yes, at least through myself. And to "copy" ANY teacher or his teachings would be to have one foot in the darkness and again, like all the previous ones have, miss the mark. So becoming perfectly true to one's own self is the goal, the lesson, and then showing or sharing with others just exactly how that was done is the teaching. This is to be a light unto oneself, one's fellows, and the world.

Bob M.

Thu, 29 Oct 2009 #8
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 5 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Hi Madhav, It seems that the will there be fruit from the teachings involves a movement in time. So one may ask, 'is there' fruit from the teachings now? It seems that the problem is me, my assumptions, my conclusions, my understanding,Now! I do not know, therefore I am learning anew in each moment the depth of my conditioning.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Fri, 30 Oct 2009 #9
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 23 posts in this forum Offline

Prasanna P wrote:
I think, some day some one who has read K, would advance it further to make it effective.

Truth - which is what K pointed towards - is already 'effective'.

To 'advance' truth would only be to pollute it, which is a fruitless and deceptive effort to make it more palatable.

And it seems there are a few contenders for the position of 'polluter of truth' around here. Certainly it is easier to pollute the truth than to face the fact of it. :)

Fri, 30 Oct 2009 #10
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 23 posts in this forum Offline

mike christani wrote:
In other words, don't blame the teachings, and above all don't claim the poor masses need someone more understandable.

My point exactly Mike. It is all there - K has pointed to truth, and those who cannot go there and find out for themselves not only desire to blame K for their own inadequacies, but believe they can give the truth a more agreeable veneer which will mean that now everyone will 'follow' them instead!

Just observe how conditioned humans are to have a 'leader'! One who will 'advance' the teaching (truth) for us! Make it nice and easy perhaps? Well - it just isn't! It is all there in the teaching - nothing more needs to be said - there is only the action of understanding. Action - not theory.

Truth meanwhile remains truth - ever effective - whether understood or not by us mere mortals!

Wed, 04 Nov 2009 #11
Thumb_12 madhav mool Nepal 19 posts in this forum Offline

Perhaps, truth will be always changing and never it will be in the same position, that why Krishnamurti philosophy based on Truth is pathlesss land. Isn't so?

Displaying all 11 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)