Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Awareness in our world today | moderated by Krishnan Srinivasan

Young boy kills to please his fiancee``

Closed_forum

Displaying all 8 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 #1
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

An young swedish boy(16yrs) strangled his only once-kissed friend(15yrs) on the demand of his fiancee``(16yrs).Fiancee sent him SMS(short text messages) over a month compelling him to kill the girl he kissed once in her presence.She would not tolerate the other girl.Police has a long records of sms messages from the telephones used by them.Whole nation of SWEDEN is in shock over this.They are the children of modern Social welfare in Sweden )where upbringing is mainly by state-appointed Pædagogs(teacher-assistants).
Police is blaming the fiction-world entering into immature minds out of fantasy.I question that.
Where are the parents, I would like to ask. Love,jealousy,envy are common human problems connected with strong emotions.
Please give your comments...

Life is like the tamarind fruit bound in its shell

Wed, 12 Aug 2009 #2
Thumb_avatar Paul Lanzon United Kingdom 24 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Krishna, That's a real horror story; but it would be uselful to know just how common such things are; in the U.S. for example, where mind-manipulation is very pronounced. It opens up the question of 'evil', whether a certain person is more prone to evil thoughts and actions than another and why that should be. Is evil just a by-product of ignorance or is it something more active, as some people believe - is it out there, an entity waiting to take possession of any 'promising' subject. I tend to agree with you when you question the explanation of the police. Of course it's difficult to make a judgement without knowing those two youngsters and their backgrounds. But if I may give a purely personal comment, for what it's worth; I should think that both these kids were the victims of the intense negative energy generated by a badly inflamed ego, involving fear on the boy's side and hatred on the girl's. Perhaps there was also sadism involved, who knows. But it all comes down to the image that is hurt; and that is pure ignorance. Of course this does not explain the fact that some people seem to have a natural capacity for compassion while others have none whatever, and cannot empathize at all. Is it all the result of past karma, or is it the mental and moral confusion of the present? Human beings are such bizarre creatures!

peace, Paul

Thu, 13 Aug 2009 #3
Thumb_readytoloadup_correction Krishnan Srinivasan Denmark 322 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Lanzon wrote:
Of course this does not explain the fact that some people seem to have a natural capacity for compassion while others have none whatever, and cannot empathize at all. Is it all the result of past karma, or is it the mental and moral confusion of the present? Human beings are such bizarre creatures!

Thu, 13 Aug 2009 #4

Dear Paul, As a born Hindu Brahmin, I tend to agree with your "karma" explanation very easily.Interestingly, your observation why some are compassionate and why some are prone to evil or susceptible to evil deeds is a bizarre condition among humans. This is very nicely explored by Dr.susan Niemann in her book "EVIL IN MODERN THOUGHT-an alternative history of philosophy":Princeton University Press:ISBN:0691-09608-2.I have reviewed it in my YOUTUBE Channel "ACHAMTHAVILTHAN".Here is a quote from her book:"Wisdom, Thought, design, Knowledge- these we ascribe to God-because we have no other language or other concepts by which we can express our adoration of HIM! says David Hume. Susan Niemann says: we are widely projecting, we have no evidence whatsoever that GOD is like us at all" The Taliban exploding the BUDDHA statue in Afgahanistan was a foreboding of what was yet to come! Then came September11th.Nazi students piled up books and made a bonfire- then came Auswitz!
Hannah Arendt wrote:"Evil possesses neither depth nor any demonic dimension. It can overgrow and lay waste the whole world precisely because it spreads like a fungus on the surface.The fungus metaphor signals evil that can be comprehended. Contemporary dangers begin with trivial and insidous steps.they lead to consequences, unimaginable, unforeseen!" (Hannah Arendt followed Eichmann trials in Jerusalem)
In my observation of organized welfare that has taken the roles of father, mother, grandparents, has played havoc.The State has becvome MOTHER,FATHER&GOD!
There lies the source of the CONCRETIZED ABSTRACT FORM OF COMPASSION without any HUMANITY about it.Naturally these scandinavian kids have no values to turn to, no parents to discipline them.Love, they think, can be bought or grown by MONEY&GIFTS: LOVE is total care&responsibility.

Sun, 06 Sep 2009 #5
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 23 posts in this forum Offline

Just to link back to the other thread about vegetarianism - would you suppose the boy and his girl-friend are meat-eaters?

Does meat-eating feed fantasy, desire, and images - along with aggression?

This post was last updated by Patricia Hemingway Sun, 06 Sep 2009.

Sun, 06 Sep 2009 #6

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
Does meat-eating feed fantasy, desire, and images - along with aggression?

Sun, 06 Sep 2009 #7

In the Indian tradition we believe that "anna"/meaning "food" is the creating and sustaining the life in the body to house the soul. It is ideal such food consumed should be "sadvik" meaning neutral&calming, not inducing violence or uncontrollable desires. Not only meat , but also vegetables such as garlic, oninon, drumstick are banned -because they cause uncontrollable DESIRE/ "KAMA". Food is essential to survive but not for aggressive intent and purpose. (As a chemist in my bachelors degree), I can vouchsafe that onions and garlic do contain sulphides which may induce bodily effects.

Fri, 04 Dec 2009 #8

There we go again... this time in Scotland. An young man 18yrs has locked his fiancee in a room bolted with doors and set fire to kill her just because she was threatening to leave him in the lurch in preference to another lover . The girl is dead... this endless mindless tragedey repeats again...and again. Is it fury of LOVE LOST? Is it EMPTINESS IN THE HEAD?

Displaying all 8 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)