Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

ganesan balachandran's Forum Posts

Forum: Awareness in our world today

Displaying all 19 posts
Page 1 of 1
Topic: What is not based on truth and love will wither away.... Mon, 16 Nov 2009

colin holt wrote: If something is stirring, why wait.......

What is ours of this, what riches, what treasure? tell us, for you understand, you who know all creatures.Hidden is the farthest end of our road, where we have gone as those who fail follow a false path.

What are the limits? what are the rules? What is the goal? We wish to go there as race horses speed towards the victory prize. When will the Dawns, goddesses and wives of immortality, spread over us their light with the colour of the sun?

Topic: Can we consider Krishnamurti as continuity of Budha Mon, 16 Nov 2009

Sorry Sri Paul Lanzon, I should have verified before mentioning the fundamental differences.However this inquiry lead me to one more aspect of Buddha. Lord Buddha was not against Veda. Some ignorant people think so as they have heard the opinion of the Hinayana Buddhists only. Lord Buddha had the highest regards for the Veda. He told the brahmins that they should understand the true meaning of the Veda. Vedas are not just for the rituals. Lord Buddha quoted vedic verses when he was talking to Bimbisara. Kindly let me know if this is authentic. gb

Topic: retreats Mon, 16 Nov 2009

Understand present is the reality, and without condemnation or jusrtification watch the self centrdness which again if you underrstand they induce the thoughts, and this awareness will bring in the tranquility without effort. Todays quote will be highly useful for understanding.The craving for experience is the beginning of illusion. gb

Topic: Can we consider Krishnamurti as continuity of Budha Thu, 12 Nov 2009

madhav mool wrote: Lot of people used urge to K teaching as Buddhas teaching earlier expressed will that be true.

Galaxy Eh wrote: K's teachings are more akin to vedanta and not buddha.

ganesan balachandran wrote: if you people dont mistake me, and if you dont feel that iam conditioned( iam not conditoned that is different), i would like to say without any comparison, JK is a continuity of Veda

Paul Lanzon wrote: I hope you will tell me of this fundamental difference.

Definetely Sir. But this is more abstract. You have to percieve on your own if i may point out.I will try my best.The fundamental difference in the teachings right. however it has become like the blind people identifying the elephant as pillar, rope etc after touching the legs, tail respectively.

As the Buddha said according to the canonical scriptures

Do not accept anything by mere tradition ... Do not accept anything just because it accords with your scriptures ... Do not accept anything merely because it agrees with your pre-conceived notions ... But when you know for yourselves?these things are moral, these things are blameless, these things are praised by the wise, these things, when performed and undertaken, conduce to well-being and happiness?then do you live acting accordingly.

Definetely this not a deeper way of answering your query.I dont hink JK has pointed any dos and donts.

Paul Lanzon wrote: I don't wish to be taking a position for or against either Buddhism or k but simply to 'see' them without the labels. I don't identify with the teachings of Buddha or K but I revere them both as great seers - and yet I see that ultimately they have spoken not one single word, and that is as it should be.

This is true and i too agree with this and I dont see the difference in the individuals. gb P.S:The dos and donts which Buddaha said also, iam of the opinion it is some body else quote.. Am I correct?

Topic: Can we consider Krishnamurti as continuity of Budha Wed, 11 Nov 2009

Patricia Hemingway wrote: K negated all belief - including Buddhism. Simple as that.

Good. that is only the beginning or fundamental, but there are more which we as individuals have to decipher.To see the truth in the false, there are lot of things JK has said and should not be taken literally. For example, religion is not different from life and at the same time religion as it exists today is not at all religion etc gb

Jayendran Menon wrote: Teachings of any enlightened teacher coming from the source ...

What is the source? Here only there is difference and infact many differ though the source is one without implying.

Jayendran Menon wrote: Only an unconditioned mind can see truth.

There is no denial about it.

Jayendran Menon wrote: I find that there is a common thread to all the teachings of all enlightened teachers, in that they all emphasise the need for the ending of the ego or the false self and abidance in the true self or choiceless awareness.

This common thread which you find or the reference is the fundamental difference from Buddha and JK. Thank you Menon, iam not pointing out any mistake.iam happy that you are open and not conditioned to Jk or.Buddha.

i mean a fundamental difference.

gb

Topic: Can we consider Krishnamurti as continuity of Budha Tue, 10 Nov 2009

I can point out many differences with Buddhas teachings and JK's. gb

Patricia Hemingway wrote: To approach the teaching as K laid it down with a brain already full of Veda belief is to NOT approach the teaching with a clear and empty mind.

On the contrary I approached Veda only after deconditioned by JK to see veda freshly and inferred JK is extension of veda. Sofar none has approached this way. flight of the eagle, flame of attention, observation without recording, awakening, and all this can also be traced in Veda. Above all there is nothing like dos and donts, besides neither past , present , future, nothing of it there like JK. One can understand them only after deconditioning. In the last talk I think JK has pointed out this only as sacred, everlasting after all if he had opend it out, his whole teaching would have become meaningless. Some time repeatedly reading and discussing the same has become a vicious circle and in that case why not some thing different (similar) without getting conditioned to that also. the meaning is as JK said it comes on its own.neither analysis, deliberate search dont give any meaning. above all the Nachiketas which he often retells has the root there.

None of the commentaries, translations will be completely help in deciphering the meaning. but a clear and empty mind only will help. I really wonder if it is for that only JK has taught us.What to do next you will come to an understanding of your own without the shadow of faith and belief. one can be without it also as Jk points out. What a great traditional profession he continued?.... gb

if you people dont mistake me, and if you dont feel that iam conditioned( iam not conditoned that is different), i would like to say without any comparison, JK is a continuity of Veda gb

Well, among all the ancients who have been compared, is there any one who pointed out in the present lies the answer to all our problems. i dont think any one. gb

Topic: Nobel prize for peace to Sri.JK Fri, 06 Nov 2009

Thank you Sri. Paul, Let us elevate the image of nobel prize...Let us wait for some more opinion and I will close up this topic. gb

Topic: Nobel prize for peace to Sri.JK Thu, 05 Nov 2009

Patricia Hemingway wrote: Our commitment is to discover

even this is not our commitment!

Here I saw your highest form eager for nourishment in the place of the cow.(the sun in the sky, the illumination in the mind etc..).As soon as a mortal gets the food that you enjoy, the great devourer of plants awaken him.

Patricia Hemingway wrote: To consider trying to turn the teaching into a popular movement...

Not as a movement, but like the Krishnamurty foundations and forum like this do. very few people know who jk is and what his teachings are even in India, but the recent Nobel winners many know and even their contributions.Dont you think atleast his contributions for peace deserves it?

gb

Krishnan Srinivasan wrote: Thanks Patricia for letting us know how JK responded to the UN prize/certificate

Thank you Patricia for the information. There is a need to understand JK with ourselves first and also we have a comitment to inseminate his teachings or propagate. This will become easier if he is awarded nobel prize, and if you can suggest some thing else in lieu of it , it is most welcome.

gb

Topic: Nobel prize for peace to Sri.JK Wed, 04 Nov 2009

This one thing we are doing very promptly. Throwing out JK. is that not the following. It is not out of the anguish there are no participants to this topic. How easily we say we dont need a guru. iam just asking if JK were not there if we would have realised to this extent.

gb

Topic: Under total awareness, fear changed into bravery&courage Sat, 24 Oct 2009

Patricia Hemingway wrote: Forget 'simplifying human psychology'. It is a myth - so end it!

I dont understand, why put an end and what way it is a myth? gb ex: The transactional analysis is simple and it solved , made clear many problems.

Topic: Nobel prize for peace to Sri.JK Wed, 21 Oct 2009

How to initiate this proposal for an award of Nobel prize for Peace to Sri. J.K. Let us prepare the ground for it. One day this is going to come true. gb

Displaying all 19 posts
Page 1 of 1