Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
Discussion Forums

French Touch's Forum Posts

Forum: Awareness in our world today

Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Sun, 20 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: Do you mean being protected in childhood, or his feeling of being protected throughout his whole life, FT?

I think life is different if you have to find a job and nobody care about you or think you are "different". I was as smart as I am now when I was 17, but apparently I had to go through hell several times before now.

His intelligence was never denied. It helps.

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Sat, 19 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: I think the old boy had a considerably risk-free life. A life of security and ease. Which largely helped render him completely ineffective in "setting men absolutely, unconditionally free."

Bob M.

But you also think than being protected made him what he was?

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Sat, 19 Sep 2009

Or this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o "You won't want to see the beauty of starting anew, you don't want risk for the very simple reason that when you take the risk there will be danger." J. Krishnamurti

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Fri, 18 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: French Touch wrote: There is no surprise for me in the worst or the best man. I am them all. But I am still delighted at/for the better and most talented ones!! : ) I am too!!! : )

Bob M.

One of this guys! http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xa0toa_wheneye...

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Thu, 17 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: Have you fully fled the pack (the living dead)? Fully overcome the world and its ways of self? Do you reside on that Other Shore? Or are you merely a better rat in the rat race?

I have. I do. I am not.

There is no surprise for me in the worst or the best man. I am them all.

But I am still delighted at/for the better and most talented ones!! : )

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Tue, 15 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: Might I suggest you fully take off the rose-colored glasses and look fearlessly and courageously into the terribly fallen (and "violent" - K) condition of the herd of humanity that's all around you? It just may prompt you to fully flee the pack and go into some spititually productive solitude for a time. Hi Bob,

Is there anything that make you think I did not do that already?

Krishnamurti: Ever since I was young I have observed these things, and I have never allowed myself to be caught up in any of these confusions. Because I have established my goal, because I have always regarded myself as a boat on the stream, having no connection with the land where there is confusion, I have attained, and now I would share my experience with others. I would help those who are confused to make their minds and hearts simple in their desire for attainment.

You will hardly find anybody interested if you have not already a platform.

But I can relate to this one :

Krishnamurti: It does not matter whether you accept or reject it. When a flower opens and gives its scent, it does not heed if the passer-by does not delight in its fragrance.

And this one :

Krishnamurti: I have painted my picture on the canvas and I want you to examine it critically, not blindly. I want you to create because of that picture a new picture for yourself. I want you to fall in love with the picture, not with the painter, to fall in love with the Truth and not with him who brings the Truth. Fall in love with yourself and then you will fall in love with everyone.

And this one. lol ; )

Krishnamurti: I set out to find for myself the purpose of life and I found it without the authority of another. I have entered that sea of liberation and happiness in which there is no limitation or negation because it is the fulfilment of life. Because after my long journey towards attainment and perfection I have attained that perfection and established it in my heart, and because my mind is tranquil and eternally liberated at the flame, I would give of that understanding to all.

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Mon, 14 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: Though having found that rare state of freedom that K had found there comes with it a tremendous amount of enthusiasm which sometimes tends to try to push others into taking that blind leap of faith into the unknown, which must be done if one is to also discover that joyful freedom of the soul, the human spirit.

I wish I did not try to push others into taking that leap. It has been such a waste of time and energy for me.

Robert Michael wrote: I'm curious FT as to whether you possess the traits of workaholism and perfectionism? I have and now consider them assets since it seems quite clear to me that balance, wholeness, or centeredness will only be found by those who tend to energetically and even wrecklessly go to extremes. Whereas the half-hearted, the mediocre, and the sloppy very seldom, if ever, seem to make it to the Promised Land. Seems clear to me that evolution is best served and advanced by men and women of real ACTION, rather than those who are content to be mere wordsmiths, observers, analysts, theorists, or judges of others, and that she rewards us accordingly.

Yes I am. One way or the other you always need to make an effort to live, so better doing me with passion for what you love than getting some rest among boring people, who very often have the secret desire to keep you as mediocre as they are.

Life is like exposure in photography. You have to capture the overall tonal range.

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Sun, 13 Sep 2009

Robert Michael wrote: My view on intense physical workout? I think one's mental, spiritual, and moral health and well-being should come first. And from there our body's own natural intelligence will dictate what is best for us individually in all areas of our lives.

Bob M.

What come first...

Sorry I decided to change my name for the one I have on the other board. Super Califra -> French Touch

Nice to see you Bob!

Like you, I've been roughly through everything. Overeating, drinking, smoking. Depression. All things nobody today can think I've done. I am very lean. I ran 6 miles this morning (I'm younger than you, and I am working, so I don't have time to walk 6 miles). I've been rowing, swimming, and biking yesterday. I eat Organic food (but I have no problem to eat in a Mc Donald's a few times in the year). Green tea for me. I'm not perfect as I have this bad habit to take ambien to sleep. I'll get rid of this at one point.

People think too much (about not thinking here). As it's all about sensibility (or sensitivity? I always have problems with this words in English), they should exercise more (or dancing), to keep their body alert.

Topic: Is vegetarianism a must for saving the world and ourselves? Fri, 11 Sep 2009

What's your view on workout session or intense physical exercise?

Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1