Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
A Quiet Space | moderated by Clive Elwell

Light

Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sun, 19 Jan 2020 #1
Thumb_open-uri20200202-16653-rg2qz5-0 Mina Martini Finland 418 posts in this forum Offline

The thing or state on which the light of total awareness is let to shine on, is not there

Light dispelling darkness..

Love dispelling fear...

This post was last updated by Mina Martini Sun, 19 Jan 2020.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #2
Thumb_open-uri20200202-16653-rg2qz5-0 Mina Martini Finland 418 posts in this forum Offline

The light of awareness shines directly upon itself, so there is only light

Any deviation from this total focus creates the shadow, the illusion of the observer and observed

This total focus lies in the stillness of the mind

This post was last updated by Mina Martini Mon, 20 Jan 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #3
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1718 posts in this forum Offline

To paraphrase the QOTD until the wisher, the wanter, the hoper, the Desire-er, the searcher, etc., comes into the focus of a total awareness, there will continue to be suffering?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #4
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3259 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
until the wisher, the wanter, the hoper, the Desire-er, the searcher, etc., comes into the focus of a total awareness, there will continue to be suffering?

All that is thought right? Thought seeking its own projection

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #5

Yes. Is it that any form of ‘becoming’ psychologically is a kind of agitation or resistance...attempting to seek out a path to the truth when “truth is a pathless land”?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #6
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3259 posts in this forum Offline

Interesting Dan....will get back to this later, but I think it makes sense. The truth is unknown, but I seek within the already known...knowledge and past experience?

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Mon, 20 Jan 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #7

The becomer is not aware that he is the source of suffering by way of his very movement?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 20 Jan 2020 #8

Dan McDermott wrote:
The becomer is not aware that he is the source of suffering by way of his very movement?

He most certainly isn’t. He thinks he can alleviate the suffering through his own efforts. Even us here on k-net may do this in various subtle ways. But you’re saying something very radical....that ‘I’ am the root cause of suffering. I’ll have to look into that further . I can’t say that that’s a fact or not. I simply don’t know the the truth or falseness of your statement. I would think that that’s a very heavy trip to lay on anyone... that you are the source of suffering. It might be more accurate to say that psychological thought is the cause or source of suffering. And the ‘I’ image is a fragment in thinking....in consciousness

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Mon, 20 Jan 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 22 Jan 2020 #9

Dan McDermott wrote:
To paraphrase the QOTD until the wisher, the wanter, the hoper, the Desire-er, the searcher, etc., comes into the focus of a total awareness, there will continue to be suffering?

Mina: Absolutely so

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)