Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
A Quiet Space | moderated by Clive Elwell

Braking News!

Displaying all 2 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 05 Feb 2018 #1
Thumb_avatar Juan E Spain 539 posts in this forum Offline

Wall Street is falling down more than 4%, and there are other stock markets around American continent that are closing in the red too because that (Argentina, Brazil, ...) ... We'll see what happens!

"When i talk to audiences, they know what i'm talking about ... another thing is that they do something about it" - K. Brockwood Park (Making ideas of the Teaching)

This post was last updated by Juan E Mon, 05 Feb 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 05 Feb 2018 #2
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 2109 posts in this forum Offline

Juan E wrote:
Wall Street is falling down more than 4%, and there are other stock markets around American continent that are closing in the red too because that (Argentina, Brasil, ...) ...

After yesterday's big plunge I saw the writing on the wall and sold most of my Apple stock.....just in time it appears. Because of Trump's huge tax cuts Wall street was flying temporarily, but there will be the piper to pay since we will be incurring a huge increase in national debt due to the decreased revenue from less taxes. Then there is the instability of having a lunatic at the helm here in the U.S., with another lunatic in N. Korea with their little fingers on the nuclear buttons. I'm no economist, only held a very small amount of Apple stock, but it made me a few thousand bucks over the course of its huge rise. Glad I got rid of it before hitting the sack last night! I knew I wouldn't sleep if I held on to it. Sorry if this is totally off topic. But the insanity of our society is surely on topic, as we are part of it and it has produced us. America has produced immense wealth, but at the expense of what?

Let it Be

This post was last updated by Tom Paine Mon, 05 Feb 2018.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 2 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)