A Quiet Space | moderated by Clive Elwell

It's very simple

Displaying posts 121 - 126 of 126 in total
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 #121
Thumb_kinfonet_avatar Clive Elwell New Zealand 3656 posts in this forum Offline

Olive B wrote:

Clive Elwell wrote:

because consciousness can not be detected

Why can consciousness not be detected? (consciousness as “the larger energy field”, where you are talking about.)

Clive, stand up and take a step towards yourself……it is not a trick question….it is impossible to take a step towards yourself, because you are to close to yourself.
Consciousness is to close to itself to be detected, everything you detect is consciousness.

Again, Olive, you are quoting the article that I posted, not my own words.

But it is interesting, certainly. I sometimes think "the eyes cannot see themselves"

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 16 Apr 2017 #122
Thumb_img_20150716_212047-1-1 richard viillar France 222 posts in this forum Offline

Clive Elwell wrote:
osciousness is this vast reservoir

What is the différence between consciousness and memory?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 #123

richard viillar wrote:
What is the différence between consciousness and memory?

Good question! My first response was: “none”. No difference.

But the word “memory” is usually reserved for things associated with this particular life, this set of experiences particular to this body, since its birth. For me, I think human consciousness contains all the memories of all the human beings who have ever been born on this planet (many of them obviously also having died) since the brain started to develop.

(It may go further back than this also).

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 17 Apr 2017 #124
Thumb_img_20150716_212047-1-1 richard viillar France 222 posts in this forum Offline

Clive Elwell wrote:
My first response was: “none”. No difference.

yes Clive no diference... the consciousness is memory, the consciousness is this part of memory which is printed through the "self filter". printed when the the first translation from senses are memorised as something separate... and then born a kind of memory which is named the consciousness...

This post was last updated by richard viillar Mon, 17 Apr 2017.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 #125

richard viillar wrote:
yes Clive no diference... the consciousness is memory,

Yes, fundamentally it is so. It came to me recently that "we are living through dead people's memories".

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 18 Apr 2017 #126
Thumb_avatar Juan E Spain 333 posts in this forum Offline

Just to say that i will resume my pending dialogues (and PMs!) as soon as possible, as i'm having a hard time trying to recover lost data from a 2.TB HD that yesterday decided to say "bye, bye" ... :-(

"When i talk to audiences, they know what i'm talking about ... another thing is that they do something about it" - K. Brockwood Park (Making ideas of the Teaching)

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 121 - 126 of 126 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)