Displaying all 4 posts
Page 1 of 1
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 #1
Thumb_stringio Mina Martini Finland 614 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

...is giving oneself away in freedom...

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 19 Feb 2016 #2

Was talking to my son who is in an extremely difficult point in his life at the moment, exactly because of his extreme sensitivity...He just said to me..'the next time i will see this poor boy selling the craftwork he has made out of lottery tickets, in the street, I will buy all of them..i have at times bought a few but now i will buy them all.'

This is what brought the essence to giving to me...as giving oneself, the giver, away, in an of action of love...

It is that quality that matters, and not WHAT we give (money, clothes, food, whatever)...even if we had no thing to give, we are giving everything by and in an action without a motive, self.

This post was last updated by Mina Martini (account deleted) Fri, 19 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 22 Feb 2016 #3

A woman beggar I passed today in town...I had no cash, since I use cards mostly and tried to tell her I am sorry there is no cash...She was a foreigner so no common language...She was not affected by the fact that I could not give her money and kept sending me blow kisses all the same, accompanied with the widest of smiles that revealed a few missing teeth as well...:-)

Exactly because of her humility...(many are those who react to not being given money, or, if given, ask for more greedily), I felt I want to go to back to her after getting out some cash, which I did...She got a bank note this time and was delighted..wanted to keep kissing my hand but that was already redundant for me, i just wanted to get away from the focus of her attention...:-)

Just sharing this as an event which sort of reminds us of the law of love and humility...in not wanting anything, this woman was given more than she had expected...and not of course 'from me', but only witnessing this all as a lesson of life which we both are, me and her and all.

This post was last updated by Mina Martini (account deleted) Mon, 22 Feb 2016.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 22 Feb 2016 #4
Thumb_dsci0664 George Lanroh United States 33 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Mina

Just wanted to say I understood your shared message. I also wanted to share something that popped in this mind.

You have the beggar in the street and a man maybe in the Mercedes with his windows rolled up. Unbeknown to both of them is that they maybe have a lot in common. Both maybe crippled by psychological time. The beggar it maybe keeping him or her from a roof and a warm meal he or she can depend on and the Mercedes driver from resting for even a moment just in case he or she may loose what a conditioned mind would only give up so much for. Of course the beggar and the Mercedes drive both could be awakened and each reaching their acquired positions without must effort. I guess each of us through honest introspection can answer this for ourselves. I wonder if we will act upon what we see, find out :) I think we all here do a little of each, answer/ignore.

There is no other.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 4 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)