Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

To read someone's writing or comment you become him or her.

Displaying posts 61 - 90 of 100 in total
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #61
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1731 posts in this forum Offline

Thought in its nature is contradictory and unstable so to seek solution in thought
through agreement or disagreement is of no use..

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #62
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1731 posts in this forum Offline

Love is not of thought, is it ? And love is the only sollusion to all human problems.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #63

Clive Elwell wrote:
Yes, self-enquiry must be "difficult", certainly not the norm, otherwise I feel that human consciousness would have significantly changed by now. But K warns about using the word "difficult" in a psychological context - if we regard something as difficult, or impossible, then it will ...

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #64

I don't think that krishnamurti had a clue of what we are presently going through..

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #65
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
Jack thinks that I am desperate like he is..

See, this is what I mean about your inane comments. What you wrote above has no logical connection to anything anyone has written here. But your ego demands that you post something no matter how stupid it is.

Your desperation is in the 19 threads that you have started on the displayed page of this forum. Most of your threads have no posters. When there are posters, like on this thread, it's not about what you posted but about something entirely unrelated.

Are you so slow you can't see what is in plain sight on the forum? No one cares about your endless inane topics.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Mon, 13 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #66
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 959 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
The negative of intellectualism is that it can be abstract and removed from the practical and the everyday. It can be so bound up in itself that it loses what it is talking about. Many things K talked about are very ordinary, like fear, greed, jealousy. Since we all more or less have these, we are all experts in them. Or so we think, anyway.

I think the above is a good starting point. For example, observing with a silent mind seems very ordinary and simple. I think it's very easy to end up talking about it rather than actually doing it. The fact that Krishnamurti continually pointed out how a set method or practice dulled the mind rather than opened it leaves us with the problem of how we go about observing with a quiet mind. Is this something we do occasionally, a lot or never?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #67

Clive Elwell wrote:
Are we not here to question our conclusions? And it may be that others can help us to question our conclusions, or to gently point out that we are operating from a conclusion. But if this is done aggressively, rudely, one is not likely to be listened to.

Hello Clive, nice to see you here. I think you've raised a very important point. There needs to be a certain degree of challenge as challenge can help us discover. We probably all agree that rudeness and aggessiveness can lead to a breakdown in communication and is better avoided if at all possible. Rudeness can be subjective though. There is also condescention and arrogance that we can perhaps all transmit from time to time and which can cause offence. We are all here because K's teaching have great importance for us. We can surely find a way of communicating that allows us to explore the teachings in an acceptable manner. What do the rest of you think about this?

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #68
Thumb_spock Douglas MacRae-Smith France 160 posts in this forum Offline

We don't choose our personalities - there are genes, and there may be trauma.

Maybe its a good thing that there is an un-moderated forum on Kinfonet - everybody needs to feel that they have a voice - we all need to share and feel that we are being heard.

The General Discussion forum still exists although its moderator no longer does - it obviously serves an essentiel purpose.

Look, see, let go

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #69

Douglas MacRae-Smith wrote:
The General Discussion forum still exists although its moderator no longer does - it obviously serves an essentiel purpose.

What essential purpose do you see being served? In the last few months all I see is one person serial posting almost completely ignored subjects. And why are they ignored? I think it's because the originator of these threads posts inane questions followed by equally inaned comments. Nineteen out of the visible 29 threads on this forum are from this one person.

Dev if you read this I suggest to get this forum going you delete the accounts of both Jack Pine and One Self. Otherwise you may just as well close it down completely because nothing is going to change here.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 13 Apr 2020 #70

Jack Pine wrote:
Dev if you read this I suggest to get this forum going you delete the accounts of both Jack Pine.

You have already deleted and destroid your self in here.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #71

Clive wrote: "I mean does not the self, in order to exist, (or think that it exists) have to be something other than itself? "

Us who are familiar with the teachings don't identify ourselves with anything, we are it. I am the pain, I am the pleasure, I am the fear. But these are facts ,not identifications though. ( I am not asking for response from Clive in this forum but just like to point out.)

This post was last updated by One Self Tue, 14 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #72

Jack Pine wrote:
Dev if you read this I suggest to get this forum going you delete the accounts of both Jack Pine and One Self. Otherwise you may just as well close it down completely because nothing is going to change here.

Hello Jack. You know, in a forum like this one I think it's important to be clear that there is going to be a very wide variety of posts ranging from brilliant insight to complete nonsense. You can usually tell early on in a message if you think it's worth continuing to read or not. Surely it's a good idea to focus only on messages that have something to say to you or that you connect with. If you read all the messages and become angry with ones you disagree with, then I do think that this is a waste of time and energy. We can't control who posts here, the content of their posts or how much they post. To delete an accounts seems like a waste of time as the same poster can come back under a different name. What we can control is which messages we engage with and which ones we don't.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #73

idiot ? wrote:
Me, too. And even more so right now with coronavirus and the economic repercussions and the tremendous fear. Many of us are spending much more time where we live, either by ourselves, or with loved ones. That prolonged proximity can exacerbate tensions so it is all the more important to pay attention, to watch yourself in relationship.

Yes, this is very true. Perhaps there is a heightened sense of "what is" at the moment as we have less in the way of distractions with sport and cultural activities cancelled in many countries. Perhaps we are faced with who we are and what we have around us much more than usual. What do you say idiot??

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #74

(Do not read this if you don't have the nerves )
The problem is that we don't get what k was telling us. Unless there is transformation in one's thinking do what you will your life has no significance. Krishnamurti didn't go around and brag about what he personaly did . He was concerned with total transformation of consciousness. Some of us have come to a conclusion about transformation and have left it there but it is not so simple. Thought is the enemy not the body. Thought breeds pleasure as well as pain. We want to eliminate pain and sustain pleasure. Therefore we have created all sort of philosophy around it. We can't immitate krishnamurti's way of thinking but one can ask the questions that he shared with us. The clues are in those questions that we hardly ask of ourselves..

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #75

Sean Wrote:
Hello Jack. You know, in a forum like this one I think it's important to be clear that there is going to be a very wide variety of posts ranging from brilliant insight to complete nonsense. You can usually tell early on in a message if you think it's worth continuing to read or not. Surely it's a good idea to focus only on messages that have something to say to you or that you connect with.

Sean, what you wrote above is, of course, very logical and sound advice and I agree with it. One should be able to block out surrounding noise like being in a public place and having a bunch of screaming kids disturbing everyone, or being in traffic next to a jerk that has his automobile sound system turned up with a loud base, etc, etc.

That's what is happening on this forum. Just almost constant noise. I've been spoiled. Where I live most of the year, except for four months in Ojai, is in the Rocky Mountains, the high Rockies of Colorado.

I walk everyday in those mountains without seeing hardly anyone. The peace is undescribable with just the breeze brushing through the pine, spruce, cedar, fir and aspen trees is mostly the only sound one hears. The air is dry and cool and even though you are at seven to nine thousand feet elevation above sea level it still seems like you can breathe easier. The air is clean, fresh, life giving. I walk daily for an hour or two or sometimes most of the day alone in one of the last remaining places on earth where you can be alone and at peace. Even though I am not a young man this life style has given me a resting heart beat of around 45 per minute. While walking one can smell the air full of pine, wild flowers and even the rock has a smell. The granite here has a particular smell once the sun has been on it for awhile.

Here in Ojai my wife and I live in a nice mobile home park that is next to the 750 acres or so open space that includes the Oak Grove where we used to go to see K talk. Now there is a fence around just the Oak Grove but I still often go there and go over the fence and sit there on a wooden bench not far from the platform K would sit on and give his talks. The grove is still full of California Live Oak trees and because of all of the rain we have had the grass between the trees is high and green. It's wonderfully quiet there with just the chattering of birds, the varied songs of the mocking birds and the occassional scream of a soaring hawk making effortless circles in the sky; hardly beating a wing.

You're right Sean. We need to focus on these things and ignore the noise, the disruption and the inanities of life. Stay well.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #76
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 820 posts in this forum Offline

A resting heart rate of 45 bpm is extremely low for an older person and may not be a healthy thing if you have bradycardia. If you haven't had a doctor check it out, you absolutely should.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #77

Jack Pine wrote:
I walk everyday in those mountains without seeing hardly anyone. The peace is undescribable with just the breeze brushing through the pine, spruce, cedar, fir and aspen trees is mostly the only sound one hears.

You are a fortunate man Jack. This sounds like an ideal place to explore silence.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #78

idiot ? wrote:
A resting heart rate of 45 bpm is extremely low for an older person and may not be a healthy thing if you have bradycardia. If you haven't had a doctor check it out, you absolutely should.

"Bradycardia is a slower than normal heart rate. The hearts of adults at rest usually beat between 60 and 100 times a minute. If you have bradycardia (brad-e-KAHR-dee-uh), your heart beats fewer than 60 times a minute.

Bradycardia can be a serious problem if the heart doesn't pump enough oxygen-rich blood to the body. For some people, however, bradycardia doesn't cause symptoms or complications.
Symptoms:
If you have bradycardia, your brain and other organs might not get enough oxygen, possibly causing these symptoms:

Near-fainting or fainting (syncope)
Dizziness or lightheadedness
Fatigue
Shortness of breath
Chest pains
Confusion or memory problems
Easily tiring during physical activity"
Mayo clinic

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #79

One Self wrote:
Thought is the enemy not the body. Thought breeds pleasure as well as pain. We want to eliminate pain and sustain pleasure. Therefore we have created all sort of philosophy around it.

Thought creates the idea of permanence that it calls higher self through comparison and measure. To compare is to kill. When you compare yourself with someone who is stupid you actually destroy yourself. Comparison is a form of suicide psychologically speaking.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #80

Jack Pine wrote:

I am not a young man this life style has given me a resting heart beat of around 45 per minute.

That is amazing Jack! A resting heart beat of 45 per minute would normally be associated with an athlete! I can see your mind is also in very good shape!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #81

One Self wrote:
If you have bradycardia, your brain and other organs might not get enough oxygen,

Now I understand what is going on. Without enough oxygen the brain becomes violent and there can be a total nervous breakdown.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #82

Thanks to idiot to point that condition out..

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #83

Lack of oxygen to the brain causes confusion and memory problems.

That explains why this guy acts the way he does. I know people who run Marathon but they can't think for themselves. They live in illusions that they make for themselves. .

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 14 Apr 2020 #84

?!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 #85

?!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 #86

Krishnamurti's teachings demand "exelence" but we are definitely heading toward decline in this site. Why is that ? The ego trying to take pleasure therefore accepting pain?

This post was last updated by One Self Wed, 15 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 #87

This Jack is surely a mental . He keeps deleting his posts and pasting it again . God knows what he is thinking..

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 #88

What a mechanical and robotic mind Jack pine has . Creativity is none existence in his life..

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 #89

He surely lives in yesturday and has no sense of the new..

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 15 Apr 2020 #90

He thinks that we care about his physical condition! We don't mind if you die today from coronavirus jack.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 61 - 90 of 100 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)