Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

To read someone's writing or comment you become him or her.

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 100 in total
Tue, 07 Apr 2020 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1731 posts in this forum Offline

Psychologically you are what you think. Your thought is the expression of your anger,yourjealousy,your greed which are all what you are. So your writing is you and who ever reads that will become you while reading it.
The problem with this open group discussion is that there are psychos who can get attention through building a psychological and fictisious image of others and themselves.. . I think "thinking together" is only possible when smal group of friends are present only. So it has to be a selective small group discussions like some of those that K had.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1731 posts in this forum Offline

Jack ,you are full of shit, that is why no body responds to you even though you have posted close to 6000 rubbish posts in here. Look at yourself in the mirror are you really that ugly that no one likes you?!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #3

A psycho in internet is a person that intentionally misundrstand and writes from that misunderstanding (one of the character of a internet bully .).

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #4

A psycho in internet is a person that intentionally misundrstand and writes from that misunderstanding (one of the character of a internet bully .).

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #5
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5845 posts in this forum Offline

What I wrote really hit home didn't it? Your precious ego was challenged and all you can do is get angry and hurl yet more names at faceless posts.

Speaking of no one answering your posts look at all the topics you have started that only you respond to. I thought you would appreciate the fact that people are starting to read this thread since I started posting on it. It's not that I am posting on it it's just that someone beside you is posting on it. It could be anyone.

You have used the terms "psycho" and "retarded" fairly often recently. Why do you suppose you have to belittle others because they don't agree with you or, more often, don't respond to your posts?

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 08 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #6

One Self wrote:
The problem with this open group discussion is that there are psychos who can get attention through building a psychological and fictisious image of others and themselves.. . I think "thinking together" is only possible when smal group of friends are present only. So it has to be a selective small group discussions like some of those that K had.

This one paragraph above, I think, aptly defines the narcissistic pathology your posts have consistantly displayed on this forum. If anyone disagress with you then they are characterized as "psychos" or "retarded". Your particular pathology doesn't seem to allow for any disagreement. In your own mind you apparently believe that you alone know what is true and what K was saying. So to disagree with you is to disagree with K.

To demonstrate this, in the above quoted paragraph you are trying, perhaps, to replace K with yourself. You are doing this by suggesting that this forum, with it's present democratic venue, should be changed and limited to just a small group of select individuals. Presumably,individuals who agree with you and who would accept you and your authoritative pronouncements as a surrogate for K in any discussion. I think it is obvious that you would prefer not to have any criticism of your rambling, confused opinions that consistantly lack insight, coherency and intelligence.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #7

You wish that you could get me angry. I said you are full of shit and that is a fact. Why should one get angry.?! Anger is surely in your side .

This post was last updated by One Self Wed, 08 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #8

One Self wrote:
I said you are full of shit and that is a fact.

Oh you said a lot more than that. You were and are really angry. Someone has actually questioned you. Disagreed with you. This isn't the first time, of course. Most people just ignore you. As I pointed out above; look at all the threads you have started over the past months that no one has responded to. Look at all your threads that have a 0 or 1 in the replies section. And most of the "1's" are replies from you to your own post.

Wise up. People don't come here to be lectured by you on what K said. Don't get angry just see the fact of this statement.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 08 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 08 Apr 2020 #9

Jack Pine wrote:
One Self wrote:

Oh you said a lot more than that.

Yes ,so what?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #10

One Self wrote:

Oh you said a lot more than that. You were and are really angry in your angry reply. Don't lie. Someone has actually questioned you. Disagreed with you. This isn't the first time, of course. Most people just ignore you. As I pointed out above; look at all the threads you have started over the past months that no one has responded to. Look at all your threads that have a 0 or 1 in the replies section. And most of the "1's" are replies from you to your own post.

Wise up. People don't come here to be lectured by you on what K said. Don't get angry just see the fact of this statement.Your ridiculous comments are driving people away from this forum. Why not find some place else to troll for awhile and give this forum a break.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 09 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #11

!? I have half a dozen private messages that Jack pine keeps sending me that I haven't even open. He thinks I read his poisonous messages (as well as his poisonous writings in here).
What a wastage of energy !!

This post was last updated by One Self Thu, 09 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #12

One Self wrote:
? I have half a dozen private messages that Jack pine keeps sending me that I haven't even open.

Try to focus. We're not talking about who sent who messages. We are talking about no one responding to your posts and how this has driven people away from this forum. Why try to deflect away from the facts that I highlighted above? Your posts are not being responded to, for the most part, except by me. You remind me so much of Trump. Lying and trying to deflect the subject away from the facts. Look at the threads you have started and see for yourself how people simply haven't responded to them. Learn from the fact that people aren't interested in your ridiculous topics and opinions.

You're not the spokesperson for K or what he pointed out. So stop doing trying to be and let people come back to this forum and post again without you drowning them out with your serial posts.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Thu, 09 Apr 2020.

Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #13

Jack Pine wrote:
Try to focus. I am not talking about who sent who messages. I am talking about no one responding to my posts and how this has driven people away from this forum.

Yes , it is simple, your aggression has drives people out of this site . And you can't help it .. One wonders Why? A worn out Brain...

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #14

One Self wrote:
Jack Pine wrote:

Try to focus. I am not talking about who sent who messages. I am talking about no one responding to my posts and how this has driven people away from this forum.

It's just another form of dishonesty when you change the words in a message someone has posted. It's a lie. Something you not only do to others but, more importantly, you do to yourself. You refuse to see the facts by simply replacing them with things you wish were true. That's exactly what Donald Trump does. That should bother you but it probably doesn't.

Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #15

What happens when you talk to a mirror. It reflects you? You can say to the mirror you or me , they are the same . Can you understand that? I don't think so. You are totally the opposite of what krishnamurti taught, aggressive and rude. That is why I refuse conversing with you. What ever I am don't change the fact of what you are . So don't fool around and escape from yourself through others .

This post was last updated by One Self Thu, 09 Apr 2020.

Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #16

One Self wrote:

Jack Pine wrote:

It's just another form of dishonesty when you change the words in a message someone has posted. It's a lie. Something you not only do to others but, more importantly, you do to yourself. You refuse to see the facts by simply replacing them with things you wish were true.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 09 Apr 2020 #17

One Self wrote:
You are totally the opposite of what krishnamurti taught, aggressive and rude.

Do you realize how much violence and hate is wrapped up in your above statement? First of all when you compare one person to another you don't understand either one. You see this is the problem. You think you understand K and you, therefore, feel both qualified and compelled to force these misunderstandings onto the rest of us. And when no one responds to your insults and your general inane comments you sling insults to the posters on this forum. You call us "fearful" and "retarded" and other things.

You have killed this part of the forum by constantly posting inane comments and random, general criticisms of the rest of the posters here. Why? Why are you so angry and hateful? Is it because you need to be accepted, admired, praised for your comments?

Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #18
Thumb_kinfonet_avatar Clive Elwell New Zealand 117 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
What a wastage of energy !!

I hardly visit this forum, but what I see going on in a quick glance, generally, seems to me a great wastage of energy.

Is it enquiry, is it dialogue, to form images of each other? Is what is true revealed by argument, by personal attacks?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #19

Clive Elwell wrote:
what I see going on in a quick glance, generally, seems to me a great wastage of energy.

It is isn't It? How is this silly image-making and attacking end? I have clearly have stated that I am not interested to converse with Jack but he has no concern and keeps sending me private rude messages and in here anything I say he judges and condemns It? What is one to do ? Leave the site? I am not important but What about the next guy?

Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #20

Jack Pine wrote:
Is it because you need to be accepted, admired, praised for your comments?

The question implies certain things. First that there is a need to be accepted and acknowledged by strangers ..

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #21

One Self wrote:
Jack but he has no concern and keeps sending me private rude messages

This is a lie and you know it. I have sent you two messages in the past 6 months. But so what if I have sent messages to you? It is better to keep some things private rather than littering the forum with them.

One Self wrote:
What is one to do ? Leave the site?

Yes leave the site by all means. Until I got on here a few days ago you were the only one who still posts here for the most part. Look down the list of topics. Almost all of them are yours. But hardly anyone is discussing any of these topics because they are inane statements and ridiculous conclusions and insults. You have killed this part of the Kinfonet Forum single handedly.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 10 Apr 2020.

Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #22

There are 27 threads listed on the this forum when you log on. Of these 27 threads 18 of them have been started by the poster who calls himself "One Self". Two of these threads were started by Jack Pine.

One Self has started 2/3, (two thirds) of the threads of the last 27 threads on this forum. There has been almost no participation on any of these threads.

And yes. I have taken it upon myself to point out not only the saturation of one poster but also the nearly complete inanity, baseless and/or ridiculous conclusions, and insults to other posters that these threads represent. Most posters have already left this site. How can there be any meaningful discussion on this site under these circumstances? Obviously there can't be.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 10 Apr 2020.

Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #23

Jack Pine wrote:
This is a lie and you know it. I have sent you two messages in the past 6 months.

What a false person! I counted his messages. There are 12 messages at different times . I never answered any of them because they are all false . He has no dignity. As I said I don't read what ever he writes in here . I only take a glance. Nobody answers him any way:)
I am not here to debate with anyone. I have said that before.
So :

https://youtu.be/Q8Tiz6INF7I

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #24

Clive Elwell wrote:
I hardly visit this forum, but what I see going on in a quick glance, generally, seems to me a great wastage of energy.

Is it enquiry, is it dialogue, to form images of each other? Is what is true revealed by argument, by personal attacks?

Hey Clive. I have a really good idea for you. Why don't you invite One Self onto the Quiet Space Forum ? Then when you visit this forum you won't have to experience all that "wastage of energy". Then you can mentor One Self on how to "enquire" and how "to reveal by argument" and how to become the perfect poster. Like you, right?Viola'! Problem solved. Let me thank you in advance for you insight and generosity.

Fri, 10 Apr 2020 #25
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 820 posts in this forum Offline

Krishnamurti, Public Talk 1, Brockwood Park, England, 25 August 1984:
Are we wasting our life? The wastage is conflict. The conflict in which we live perpetually from the moment we are born till we die. That is a fact. And human beings have never been able to solve their problem. Which is a very complex affair, whether human beings throughout the world, including all of us here, can ever be free from every kind of conflict...

So we have accepted as natural, inevitable, conflict. Conflict between each other - man, woman. And one asks, through all this long fifty thousand years of evolution - we are now at the apex of so-called sophisticated human beings - is this natural, is this inevitable that we must live in conflict?

This post was last updated by idiot ? Fri, 10 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 #26

Jack Pine wrote:
Why don't you invite One Self onto the Quiet Space Forum ?

See how aggressive he is. He is telling others what to do to get a response!

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 11 Apr 2020 #27

One Self wrote:
Jack Pine wrote:

Why don't you invite One Self onto the Quiet Space Forum ?

See how aggressive he is. He is telling others what to do to get a response!

Thank you for once again providing us with a perfect example of a completely inane comment. You do it so well.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 12 Apr 2020 #28

Clive Elwell wrote:

Clive, is it enquiry, is it dialogue to think something to death? To intellectualize a subject to death with opinions and conclusions? Are we aware of the limits of thought when we do the above?

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Sun, 12 Apr 2020 #29
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 959 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
is it enquiry, is it dialogue to think something to death? To intellectualize a subject to death with opinions and conclusions? Are we aware of the limits of thought when we do the above?

Well, I copletely agree with you here Jack. I don't want to sound critical of anybody but I don't really get the deep analysis and intellectualising of K's work and I don't connect with it. I don't think it's constructive at all to comment on one forum against the other. There's only a handful of us who participte on both forums and I suppose we all get something out of them in one way or another.

Strange days as we enter our fifth week of lockdown in Spain. Maybe an opportunity to explore things in a new and different way.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 12 Apr 2020 #30
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 820 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
I don't really get the deep analysis and intellectualising of K's work...

You can thank K himself to some degree. He certainly went on at length discussing issues, much longer than any of us do here. He encouraged "rational" and "sane" investigation.

You can argue about whether K was intellectual or not. Compared to other spiritual teachers, he most certainly was. Compared to academics, he most certainly was not. He spoke in fairly simple language to a great degree, although he also had his own vocabulary. That is, he gave certain words K meanings, a bit different from their ordinary meanings. Academic critiques of K have said that he oversimplified matters.

By insisting on "no method," K cut off the practical approach to quite a significant degree. Nevertheless, to me the practical, including for examples, awareness in relationship, in meditation, in noticing attachment and how that is conditioning, in all daily activities of the self ("self knowledge"), is vital. That said, it is still possible to think deeply and carefully about what K said, and that can be very important, too. If others call such thought and discussion "intellectual," so be it.

It's a bit like George Carlin's joke that "anyone driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac!" People are going to approach, understand, and discuss K in different ways. Vive la différence. What good does it do to try to force others to your understanding or expression? On the contrary, the whole point of dialogue is to enrich investigation together with different angles, yes?

Also, I can watch myself in dialogue and I can see myself trying to get others to stop being how they are. I can see my self trying to force others to be more like me. That's just my self trying to dominate. That's just violent activity by my self, trying to boost my ego, my understanding, my way of talking, etc. over what is, the actual situation of how people are here.

The whole reason Carlin's joke is funny is because "I" tend to say that I am right and others are nuts. That's simply ego banging up against what is.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Sun, 12 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 100 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)