Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Krishnamurti jokes, humor, and levity

Displaying posts 61 - 77 of 77 in total
Mon, 23 Mar 2020 #61
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1730 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:

But the mind can be silent. One can sit down and pay attention, right here, right now. One can notice, be aware of what is. And naturally, the mental images, the internal dialogue, the desires and fears, all quiet down

One self : You forgot to mention to be aware of your toes.
You can temporary make your mind quite through concentration , that is the trick of the mind. You can't be attentive because you don't know what it is . You can only be aware that you are inattentive and ignorant and still that may not lead to attention.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 #62
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 820 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
You forgot to mention to be aware of your toes...You can only be aware that you are inattentive and ignorant and still that may not lead to attention.

No, no, no. You must be aware of your toes!

Toe-tally aware!

This post was last updated by idiot ? Tue, 21 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 #63
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 959 posts in this forum Offline

Becoming aware of your toes would be a great feat!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 24 Mar 2020 #64

Yes, you must not accept de-feat. You must look into your very sole.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 25 Mar 2020 #65
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1730 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Yes, you must not accept de-feat. You must look into your very sole.

Duality can never become quite by the action of will.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 #66

The reality or fact is that we are wishful thinking which has no value . We think that through tricks of the mind we will subdue the gap between the thinker and thought. Tricks of the mind will only strengthen the self or thought..

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 26 Mar 2020 #67

The reality or fact is that we are wishful thinking which has no value . We think that through tricks of the mind we will subdue the gap between the thinker and thought. Tricks of the mind will only strengthen the self or thought..

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 21 Apr 2020 #68

Krishnamurti, Total Freedom | First Talk at Rajghat School, Varanasi, 1955:
What do we mean by being serious? And are we ever really serious? Most of us think very superficially, we never sustain a particular intention and carry it through, because we have so many contradictory desires, each desire pulling in a different direction. One moment we are serious about something, and the next it is forgotten.

I had a comment about the above quote but now I can't remember what it was.

Krishnamurti, The Kitchen Chronicles: 1001 Lunches with J. Krishnamurti, page 209:
The child was in the manger, surrounded by oxen and sheep, while his mother, Mary, and Joseph were discussing what name to give him. Solomon was suggested, Moses and David, but they couldn’t agree. At the moment, the Magi, the three wise men from the East, entered the stable. Paying homage to the new-born child, they placed offerings of myrrh and frankincense before him. The third chap, who was very tall, knelt down to present his gift of gold. As he got up, he bumped his head on the low rafters of the stable and exclaimed in pain, ‘Jesus Christ!’ Mary turned to Joseph and said, ‘That’s a nice name. That’s what we’ll call him.’

Wait! Wait! I'm remembering my comment...

Jesus Christ, I forgot it again!

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 21 Apr 2020 #69

How about jokes about a living being like covid- 19. Krishnamurti is dead and it is always not a good karma to make a joke about a dead person.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 21 Apr 2020 #70

Once a young man came up to K and started talking gibberish. K wasn't sure what to do. The young man seemed very sincere and interested in what K had to say. But he was silly and made absolutely no sense. And he went on and on and on. To the young man, it all made sense, and was in keeping with what K said. But to everyone else, it was nuts. The young man kept talking and talking.

Finally K said, "Excuse me, sir. A few decades from now I will be gone. Will you please go on a web site called kinfonet and continue this discussion?"

The young man happily went away. Problem solved.

For K.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 #71

Once a young man came up to idiot and started talking gibberish. idiot wasn't sure what to do. The young man seemed very sincere and interested in what K had to say. But he was silly and made absolutely no sense. And he went on and on and on. To the young man, it all made sense, and was in keeping with what idiotsaid. But to everyone else, it was nuts. The young man kept talking and talking.

Finallyidiot said, "Excuse me, sir. A few decades from now I will be gone. Will you please go on a web site called kinfonet and continue this discussion?"

The young man happily went away. Problem solved.

For idiot.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 #72

Now it makes sense what happens in idiot's mind:)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 22 Apr 2020 #73
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5844 posts in this forum Offline

I'm not surprised you can't take a hint. Can't you see that you have, basically, run everyone else off of this part of Kinfonet? All anyone sees is your posting name all over this part of the forum connected to a bunch of drivel. You have even taken to lying about K quotes that aren't really from K. Have you no shame or sense of decency at all? Well, I guess not.

Please stop being selfish and leave this site.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 22 Apr 2020.

Sign in to recommend
12 hours ago #74

Krishnamurti was about to die and said, "No one gets it."

Someone asked, "What do you mean, 'No one gets it?'"

K said, "There! You see? You don't even get 'not getting it.'"

Then someone asked K, "Sir, is this your way of saying that you do not anoint any successor?"

K answered, "You really don't get it, do you?"

Someone else asked, "Sir, you don't know everyone in the world. Might there not be someone, somewhere in the world, who DOES get it?"

K answered, "Don't you remember when 'the process' began, under the pepper tree, that I had clairvoyant remote viewing? I was not separate from the worker who was miles away. I DO know everyone in the world! And believe me, their thoughts non-stop continue to bore the hell out of me."

Someone else said, "Speaking of hell, maybe no one wants to get it. After all, you spoke for about six decades. Who the hell has time to wade through all that?"

Someone else said, "Forget the talks. What about self knowledge? That's endless! Not to mention arduous. Yuck!"

Someone else said, "Krishnaji, if you say that no one gets it, doesn't that mean you failed? You set out to "set man unconditionally free." And yet not one person is unconditionally free. You blew it!"

But K had fallen asleep.

Then he woke up and said, "You won't have another like this for 500 years."

No one got it. K passed away. And 500 years went by.

Then someone asked Krishnamurti Version 2.0 about "getting it."

She answered, "It's a joke. Get it?"

This post was last updated by idiot ? 11 hours ago.

Sign in to recommend
7 hours ago #75

A great crowd gathered in the Oak Grove in Ojai.

Krishnamurti arrived and ascended the platform where there was a chair for him somewhat above the crowd. Someone asked, "Sir, are you better than the rest of us? Is that why you sit up there on that pedestal?" K answered, "No, sir. The speaker is unimportant. This platform is simply necessary so that all can see and hear."

Then, just as he said that, Rajagopal pressed the remote control button opening the trap door beneath Krishnamurti.

Sign in to recommend
7 hours ago #76

Krishnamurti was looking through a peep hole at Rosalind while she was changing. Someone else came along and saw what Krishnamurti was doing. Suddenly K realized what had just happened: the observer was observed!

Sign in to recommend
7 hours ago #77

False is more appealing than truth to some.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 61 - 77 of 77 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)