Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Jealousy

Displaying all 13 posts
Page 1 of 1
Sat, 26 Oct 2019 #1
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1447 posts in this forum Offline

As long as I am jealous of my neighbor or my brother or my cousin or who ever God knows there cannot be peace on the planet . I think that jealousy is underestimated . We focus on hate without learning about the causes of it.

This post was last updated by One Self Sat, 26 Oct 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 29 Oct 2019 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1447 posts in this forum Offline

β€œI see what you mean but I cannot help labelling it; it is practically an instantaneous reaction.”
KX: Feeling and naming are almost simultaneous, are they not? Can they be separated? Can there be a gap between a feeling and the naming of it? If this gap is really experienced, it will be found that the thinker ceases as an entity separate and distinct from thought. The verbalizing process is part of the self, the β€˜me’, the entity who is jealous and who attempts to get over his jealousy. If you really understand the truth of this, then fear ceases. Naming has a physiological as well as a psychological effect. When there is no naming, only then is it possible to be fully aware of that which is called the void of loneliness. Then the mind does not separate itself from that which is.

This post was last updated by One Self Tue, 29 Oct 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 29 Oct 2019 #3

We know that criticism according to k is a negative thing. I always thought that we escape from our utter loneliness through criticism of others in so many fields and so on and on

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Nov 2019 #4

Jealousy is the outcome of insecurity. Thought through comparison and measure breeds jealousy and insecurity therefore antagonism . Thought is the outcome of one's background (education ,culture,family habits and so on) .Thought (The background) being limited and insecure creates a world that is based on jealousy and competition which is also limited .

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 #5

Krishnamurti according to my understanding says that the ego or thought is to be abandoned before love is experienced.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 #6

From quote of the day:

Why do we store up flattery and insult, hurt and affection? Without this accumulation of experiences and their responses, we are not; we are nothing if we have no name, no attachment, no belief. It is the fear of being nothing that compels us to accumulate; and it is this very fear, whether conscious or unconscious, that, in spite of our accumulative activities, brings about our disintegration and destruction. If we can be aware of the truth of this fear, then it is the truth that liberates us from it, and not our purposeful determination to be free.

You are nothing. You may have your name and title, your property and bank account, you may have power and be famous; but in spite of all these safeguards, you are as nothing. You may be totally unaware of this emptiness, this nothingness, or you may simply not want to be aware of it; but it is there, do what you will to avoid it. You may try to escape from it in devious ways, through personal or collective violence, through individual or collective worship, through knowledge or amusement; but whether you are asleep or awake, it is always there. You can come upon your relationship to this nothingness and its fear only by being choicelessly aware of the escapes. You are not related to it as a separate, individual entity; you are not the observer watching it; without you, the thinker, the observer, it is not. You and nothingness are one; you and nothingness are a joint phenomenon, not two separate processes. If you, the thinker, are afraid of it and approach it as something contrary and opposed to you, then any action you may take towards it must inevitably lead to illusion and so to further conflict and misery. When there is the discovery, the experiencing of that nothingness as you, then fear - which exists only when the thinker is separate from his thoughts and so tries to establish a relationship with them - completely drops away. Only then is it possible for the mind to be still; and in this tranquillity, truth comes into being

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 03 Nov 2019 #7

Studying K's teachings has to be done everyday of one's life . Otherwise it evaporates .

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 04 Nov 2019 #8

What is love according to K? Love according to me doesn't exist at all.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Nov 2019 #9
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5755 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
We know that criticism according to k is a negative thing. I always thought that we escape from our utter loneliness through criticism of others in so many fields and so on and on

But all you ever do on here is criticize. Why can't you see that you are consistently doing what you see as false and evil in others?

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Nov 2019 #10

One Self wrote:

Oh yeah, you've been dumped. You really need to come to terms with that. It appears to be eating you up, making you an angry, hateful person. Let it go.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 09 Nov 2019 #11

Jack Pine wrote:
One Self wrote:

The above statement is too deep for superficial jack . He thinks love is attachment like any other Joe!
Fifty years of k had no effect on him!
If k had no effect on this guy what will?
I suggested to him to see a psychologist. Maybe he can put him under medication.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 10 Nov 2019 #12

So really, what happened to make you such a man-hater? Did you get jilted, dumped? Why do you hate so much? Why are you so bitter toward everything and everyone?

One Self wrote:
Studying K's teachings has to be done everyday of one's life . Otherwise it evaporates .

What do you think you have to do everyday to keep "K's teachings" from evaporating? And which is more important; K's teachings or your own understanding of yourself?

Sign in to recommend
2 days ago #13

Jack Pine wrote:
And which is more important; K's teachings or your own understanding of yourself?

What a dumb question! they are the same. And stop acting like a guru . You need to help yourself out of your own misery of superficiality and dullness.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 13 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)