Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Daily life

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 650 in total
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #1
Thumb_man_question_mark dhirendra singh India 2991 posts in this forum Offline

Human being are more sensitive living beings.I wonder how can we kill animals without feeling pain of killing.Even we kills human beings, on the name of religion, on the name of justice, on the name of nationality, we kills human beings.Cruelty and killing of animals or of human being shows our lesser sensitivity.
Is there any possibility of more sensitivity?

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #2
Thumb_stringio mike christani United States 2234 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Does sensitivity start from within, or from the outer world? Does it depend on knowing, at least in a general way, what is actually going on in the world? And realising that one is part of it, as a human? (I'm not saying I realise that, but I'm questioning)...

Is sensitivity easily squashed by the world, a confused and violent world? But here one is, and we have to cure ourselves, or retain sensitivity if it hasn't been broken.

But another thought is, is sensitivity connected with the self-image? Are we insensitive because we don't want to be hurt?, which is the self-image.

Just throwing some thoughts out there...

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #3
Thumb_deleted_user_med Chafia Abdi France 214 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Most of us just exist, we do not really care about survival. and when we discuss these matters we are discussing them just as an idea of survival intellectually and verbally. What matters first to most of us is to defend, to protect the self/ego. the "Last Post" of Paul and the different reactions are a tragic exemple. The most difficult thing for most of us is to let go "l√Ęcher prise" that is the fact. Not having Love in our hearts, we seek it everywhere, even in these forums. When the psychological challenge is so clear and direct, people feel uncomfortable and run away.

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #4
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 1128 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:

The comforting notion that "God" loves me and condones my killing, allows me to be violent while carrying the belief that I am peacful and loving (to friends and family).

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #5
Thumb_deleted_user_med Randal Shacklett United States 1128 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:

But wait, I am insensitive. Why must I immediatly look for something called sensitivity? Can I deal adequatly with my insensitivity, while exploring an ideal opposite (sensitivity)?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #6
Thumb_deleted_user_med Chafia Abdi France 214 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

Randal Shacklett wrote:
The comforting notion that "God" loves me and condones my killing, allows me to be violent while carrying the belief that I am peacful and loving

Thank you Randal, that what life IS in an organized religious society. A horror.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #7

Chafia Abdi wrote:
that what life IS in an organized religious society.

So step out.

Tue, 13 Apr 2010 #8

Randal Shacklett wrote:
So step out.

YES? I did but millions of others did not; May be it will alter something in man's conscioussness. I no longer add to this insanity, I am sure it will make a diffrence so little it is, may be. but it is diffrent.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #9
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1931 posts in this forum Offline

dhirendra singh wrote:
I wonder how can we kill animals without feeling pain of killing.Even we kills human beings, on the name of religion, on the name of justice, on the name of nationality, we kills human beings.Cruelty and killing of animals or of human being shows our lesser sensitivity.

Good point Dhirendra. Humans have no sensitivity while we continue to kill animals, or condone the killing of animals to fulfill desire for animal flesh. So until that fact is seen - forget human sensitivity. It does not exist, except as an indulgence for the protection of self-image - something else entirely.

Humans would not be destroying the planet, each other, and sentient beings if there was any sensitivity at all operating - simple as that.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #10

mike christani wrote:
Does sensitivity start from within, or from the outer world

Dear Mike,

There is not question of outer or inner. I feel pain on cruelity, now I may be/must be illusionised, but it is so, so I have to express what I am, not what should be. This is very simple.We follow our understanding in daily life, like we don't eats stones in meal, this is same understanding.So if one see this as cruelity, he must giveup it now, not waiting for enlightenment.

I don't know

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #11

Chafia Abdi wrote:
when we discuss these matters we are discussing them just as an idea of survival intellectually and verbally.

If cruelity is an idea, then why I don't kill my childrens, just an idea (probably I am misunderstanding you, as usual)( now I am cruel)

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #12

Randal Shacklett wrote:
The comforting notion that "God" loves me and condones my killing, allows me to be violent while carrying the belief that I am peacful and loving (to friends and family).

It seeams correct.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #13

Randal Shacklett wrote:
But wait, I am insensitive. Why must I immediatly look for something called sensitivity? Can I deal adequatly with my insensitivity, while exploring an ideal opposite (sensitivity)?

No/yes, I am feeling pain with it, I am feeling it should be stopped, this is becoming, I see this becoming, it is...

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #14

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
Humans would not be destroying the planet, each other, and sentient beings if there was any sensitivity at all operating - simple as that.

A horor movie/reality (:

I don't know

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #15
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:
A horor movie/reality (:

Yes D, the George Romaro series of Zombie Movies,Night of the living dead,dawn of the dead.day of the dead.

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #16

Chafia Abdi wrote:
I no longer add to this insanity

Uuuummm, uhhhhh, well, I....uh, I read some of your posts here Chafia, my friend, you do add to the insanity with the theories you follow logically. If my mind is still insane (self-centered to the long term detriment of the biological entity) I am adding to the insanity. My hiding it well, does not mean I have stopped adding to the collective mush. Sorry to point all that out.

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #17

Patricia Hemingway wrote:
except as an indulgence for the protection of self-image - something else entirely.

Yes, I think Paul was confusing the two, in another thread.

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #18

dhirendra singh wrote:
No/yes, I am feeling pain with it, I am feeling it should be stopped, this is becoming, I see this becoming, it is...

Yes, so where does this train of logic lead me? To the end of becoming? Am I following it silently (without a voice in my head explaining it to me) as it occures? Or simply re-counting it, in my desire to "observe" and "watch" my inattention?

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #19

dhirendra singh wrote:
If cruelity is an idea, then why I don't kill my childrens, just an idea (probably I am misunderstanding you, as usual)( now I am cruel)

Probably due to my bad use of adquate words.

Physical survival has slipped into psychological survival.

why I don't kill my childrens ? I am killing them in fact. I have children Dhirendra, and when I see what I have done, when I see how lost they are, I feel a deep sorrow not only towards them but also towards billions of others. My responsibility is huge but psychologically I continue to build up the me. Am I not discussing cruelty in the world as an idea? at the same time actually I am in constant building of the "me".Isn't this dangerous for physical survival?

Will we drop all our structure of the me which is divisive, therefore the most destructive and dangerous for survival?

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #20

Randal Shacklett wrote:
Uuuummm, uhhhhh, well, I....uh, I read some of your posts here Chafia, my friend, you do add to the insanity with the theories you follow logically. If my mind is still insane (self-centered to the long term detriment of the biological entity) I am adding to the insanity. My hiding it well, does not mean I have stopped adding to the collective mush. Sorry to point all that out.

Do not be sorry, I am the one to be. When I said I no longer means I am no longer a muslim or arab or this or that. but I am adding insanity with my so called logic. Sure

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #21

Randal Shacklett wrote:
Or simply re-counting it, in my desire to "observe" and "watch" my inattention?

yes,recounting.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #22

Randal Shacklett wrote:
My hiding it well, does not mean I have stopped adding to the collective mush.

Yes, my mind is tricking me all the time. ;o)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #23

Chafia Abdi wrote:
I am killing them in fact.

Never, Even you can't slap them without feeling pain of it. It seems an escape from reality by using phylosophy. Whatever you written I feel same, but it is a luxurious way of escape.

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #24

dhirendra singh wrote:
but it is a luxurious way of escape.

Do you think so? What escape?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #25

Chafia Abdi wrote:
Do you think so? What escape?

Ok, C, please tell me can you even cut a finger of child, thinking that you are already killing them as you stated

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #26

dhirendra singh wrote:
It seems an escape from reality by using phylosophy.

What philosophy? I have adult children D, and they are lost. Am I not responsible for their being lost? I am not talking about kids and slaps and such ordinary life things. Psychologically I failed in bringing up my own children. They are lost. and it hurts.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #27

dhirendra singh wrote:
already killing them as you stated

When your own children feel themeselves FRENCH and proud to be so. How do you feel about that?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #28
Thumb_stringio RICK LEIN United States 4436 posts in this forum ACCOUNT DELETED

dhirendra singh wrote:

Hi D,who knows that?,if I'm not sensitive now,does tomorrow even matter,except as an idea?

THE TRUTH SHALL SET YOU FREE

Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #29
Thumb_tampura ganesan balachandran India 2204 posts in this forum Offline

Chafia Abdi wrote:
Psychologically I failed in bringing up my own children. They are lost. and it hurts.

Forget.
gb

We are watching, not waiting, not expecting anything to happen but watching without end. JK

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 14 Apr 2010 #30

Chafia Abdi wrote:
When your own children feel themeselves FRENCH and proud to be so. How do you feel about that?

Chafia, you are well learned about K and all. There are two things being mixed. Physical world is a reality. Killing and other cruelity is a reality. When I slap you, it's pain is reality. I am refering about that pain. Not all pscycological suffering which I create by my ego attachment

I don't know

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 650 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)