Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Meetups in Brussels

Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 32 in total
Sun, 25 Aug 2019 #1
Thumb_open-uri20120909-23771-1x4mcj3-0 Sanjeev Reddy India 2 posts in this forum Offline

Hi,
Are there any meetups around Brussels area?

Freedom for the desire for the answer is essential for the understanding of the problem.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 26 Aug 2019 #2
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1381 posts in this forum Offline

Hi Sanjeev

You can find the diffrent opportunities on the Belgian website: http://www.krishnamurti.be.

you have to take into account the fact that Belgium in the Brussels region is bilingual:
French and Flemish (Dutch) and mostly the flemish part is more english minded.

I hope to have served you with this information.

Kind regards Wim

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 04 Sep 2019 #3
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1296 posts in this forum Offline

Jack has successfully made this forum to be about him and what he likes and dislikes according to his rigid conditioning. That is the fact. He recently bulied Idiot after so many years of membership in this forum. That is the fact. Now he is focused on bulieing (through fear) my self(one self)!!

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Wed, 04 Sep 2019 #4
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1296 posts in this forum Offline

It is vey unfortunate. Nobody dares to speak out. That means that nobody cares.. money wears out the mind..That is where we are ,loveless and no energy to love . Energy is wasted in these endless arguments with jack in hear. It was joe before but he is dead now due to cancer. That is why everybody is avoiding this forum.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #5
Thumb_patricia_may_2014_reduced_ Patricia Hemingway Australia 1925 posts in this forum Offline

For more than a week, the silence was golden.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #6

Patricia Hemingway wrote:

An imposed silence is never the real silence. That is the fact.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #7

Patricia Hemingway wrote:

It was and because some SELF is misusing this topic for his on going argument with Jack I'll would close this topic if i could.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Thu, 05 Sep 2019.

Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #8

Wim Opdam wrote:
I'll would close this topic if i could.

I advised to let go of that "if" thing. But who is there to listen!!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #9
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5655 posts in this forum Offline

I wish you all a pleasant day. I just watched the morning sun light up the 14,000 foot (4267 meters) mountain of pinkish granite, that dominates my western view, with an almost blood red glow which contrasted nicely against a deep blue, cloudless sky.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 06 Sep 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #10

Jack Pine wrote:
When you have someone as mentally crippled, as hateful, and as full of misinformation and lies as jack pine, then this is the forum you can expect. As long as this jack pine remains on this forum no topic will or can be discussed without constant and irrelevant interruptions.

I have said the exact thing before.

Jack is Anti-k, Antichrist, anti social and anti thinking. And he has support just like his president who has support.
If no one supports him then he will do something else. So it is the fault of the supporters not him . He is mentally ill like his president that he pretends that he hates . The supporters are the problem here. He can't change.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #11
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 858 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
I wish you all a pleasant day. I just watched the morning sun light up the 14,000 foot mountain of pinkish granite, that dominates my western view, with an almost blood red glow which contrasted nicely against a deep blue, cloudless sky.

Hi Jack. Nice to hear from you. What a beautiful part of the world you live in!

Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #12

A true man doesn't need support but a false man needs support. Why is That?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #13

One Self wrote:
What a beautiful part of the world you live in.

I was in Spain last year for a wedding. The climate of the whole country similar to California but much more affordable. California can become boring but Spain is full of cute little villages with local food. Plus people don't dance much in here.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #14

Hi Sean. Yes, being in the mountains anywhere seems to provide nice places to live. Not so many people and lots of wildlife. Also not too hard to find peace and quiet. I walk every morning for a few miles on the trails weaving between the spruces, pines and juniper trees. Are there mountains by where you live in Spain?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 05 Sep 2019 #15

Wim Opdam wrote:
It was and because some SELF is misusing this topic for his on going argument with Jack I'll would close this topic if i could.

I appreciate that Wim. But then, obviously, he will continue to abuse whatever topic anyone posts. He, apparently, has nothing else to do or say. He couldn't stand the week or more of silence so he started the insulting again to no one in particular. You know, unfortunately, mental illness is not uncommon and, in fact, increasing in the world.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Sep 2019 #16

One Self wrote:
California can become boring but Spain is full of cute little villages with local food. Plus people don't dance much in here.

Well, I don't know about California being boring. Yosemite National Park sounds like a spectacular part of the state. I suppose most places can be boring or interesting depending on how you look at them. Spain does indeed have many very picturesque villages and although eating habits here are changing, there is still very good local cuisine to be found without too much difficulty.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Sep 2019 #17

Jack Pine wrote:
Are there mountains by where you live in Spain?

Hi Jack. I manage to get up to the Pyrenees (mountain range in the north of Spain) fairly frequently and walk more regularly in a remote, hilly area closer to where I live. I always feel good both during and after walking in the mountains and being in contact with nature. I discovered the joy of walking in the country before I came across Krishnamurti but his descriptions of nature in "The Second Penguin Krishnamurti Reader" had a strong impact on me.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Sep 2019 #18

Yes, I'm familiar with the Pyrenees but I have never been there. For six months a year I live in the Rocky Mountains of the American west. The winter six months I live in the Ojai Valley that is flanked to the north with some relatively low mountains called the Topa Topa Range. I think they are about 5,000 feet high (1,524 meters). K used to walk in these mountains.

He would go out the back way from Arya Vihara and Pine Cottage, up a dirt road to a well known path called Horn Canyon Trail. He would walk miles up this trail. It is steep in parts and rocky with the occasional rattle snake, mountain lion and black bear. You can also find these same animals in the Rocky Mountains.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 06 Sep 2019 #19
Thumb_em3 Ken D United States 40 posts in this forum Offline

"Whence should there be joy to a peaceless man?" Bhagavad Gita

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 11 Sep 2019 #20

There has been only a handful of people who have been regularly posting in this forum in the past year! And no two people agree with each other! Is that a sample of the state of the world that we are in? Is it so hard to agree.!?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 #21

One Self wrote:
Is it so hard to agree.!?

it's not at all dificult to find agreement, that's the same source for the founding of the dividing society as we know like nationalities, capitalisme, communism and beliefs.

so don't look at your surrounding but at your inside,
what's your motive to do what you're doing ?

Thu, 12 Sep 2019 #22

There is a reason that we disagree. In fact there are many reasons. One of them is not having a genuine interest in this forum. They have a genuine interest in the other two forums so they hardly disagree with each other.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 12 Sep 2019 #23

disagreement is a conclusion.
pointing at something else, something essential, it is a gift.

Fri, 13 Sep 2019 #24

Only fools disagree over facts..

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 13 Sep 2019 #25

One Self wrote:

yes, it is good not to avoid these facts:

it's not at all dificult to find agreement, that's the same source for the founding of the dividing society as we know like nationalities, capitalisme, communism and beliefs.

so don't look at your surrounding but at your inside,
what's your motive to do what you're doing ?

disagreement is a conclusion.
pointing at something else, something essential, it is a gift.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 14 Sep 2019 #26

One Self wrote:

But who decides what are facts? All of us were raised to believe in certain "facts" depending on our cultures. Christians, for example, believe in certain "facts" that others don't accept. Most of what this group, christians, believe are "facts" are simply matters of faith with no provable basis in fact.

What is a fact? Our physical bodies die. Full stop. But many others believe that something spiritual goes on in infinity. This is not a provable fact but is accepted as one by countless numbers of people simply based on faith. This is just one of countless examples any of us could cite.

There are facts, of course, that we should be able to agree on. We need a certain percentage of oxygen in the air we, human beings, breathe to survive. Human beings need water to survive and so on.

My point is that there are physical facts that are proven. But there are a great many things that are accepted as fact that haven't been proven to be facts. So to make a general statement like you did above is meaningless without further clarification.

Sat, 14 Sep 2019 #27

Is agreement the important thing or is understanding? Who cares if we agree or don't agree? And the other two forum are, essentially, one man forums. Dominated by one man especially Raica's forum.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 14 Sep 2019 #28

Wim Opdam wrote:
one self:Is it so hard to agree.!?

Gee!!

Sign in to recommend
14 hours ago #29

Jack Pine wrote:
Is agreement the important thing or is understanding? Who cares if we agree or don't agree?

Well, I must agree with you about agreeing, Jack. Of course, the important thing is that there is an opportunity for understanding and learning here. It seems that learning and understanding require some degree of openness which is, to some degree, in contradiction with the accumulation of knowledge. Is some kind of emptying of previous knowledge necessary in order to come into contact with something new?

Sign in to recommend
13 hours ago #30

"To have united thought, and so action, there must be agreement, accord, and to have agreement seems to be very difficult. Agreement does not mean thoughtless acceptance or tolerance, for tolerance is superficial. Agreement demands deep intelligence and requires a mind that is very pliable. In this world, apparently, one is more easily convinced by foolishness than by thought that is integral and intelligent. There is an emotional agreement which is not agreement at all. It is merely an excitement which carries one on to certain activities, attitudes and assertions, but does not lead to the full, intelligent awakening of individual fulfilment."

Ojai 3rd Talk in the Oak Grove 19th April, 1936

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 1 - 30 of 32 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)