Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

How does one go to the very source of thought?

Displaying posts 121 - 150 of 237 in total
Thu, 01 Aug 2019 #121
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1450 posts in this forum Offline

Ken D wrote:
I have no desire to act as a referee, but Krishnamurti did say this, and a search on Google will provide you with the source.

How does one find the truth of a matter for oneself? Does one think in term of acceptance or rejection? In that case one finds an authority and never find the truth of the matter for oneself. So to find the truth of the matter there has to be no authority worshiping of any kind . Then one can understand the matter through logic and relationship of things. Understanding is everything.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 01 Aug 2019 #122
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5755 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
Understanding is everything.

And yet what do you understand? Carbon monoxide? Telegraph? Just to name a very few recent idiocies out of so many. Repeating words of others, whether from K or from someone else, without understanding. Coming to endless, unwarranted conclusions without understanding but just repeating conditioned beliefs. As has been pointed out, one person with two identities destroying nearly every thread started on this forum.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 01 Aug 2019 #123
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1450 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
And yet what do **I""understand?

Understanding is not for ignorant people.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 01 Aug 2019 #124

Little Jack is losing it. If anybody understand what he is talking about please translate.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 #125

I think that it is because of little jack aggressions that no new comer has joined this site for quite a long time. I don't have an image to protect so when he attacks me he is attacking himself. And Idiot apparently doesn't sustain an image. It is very unfortunate that an old military man who is trained to kill people is dominating here with his falsehoods. He can't kill people as he is trains to do in wars anymore so he tries to kill new thoughts and new comers in here. But of course he only makes a fool out of himself . Krishnamurti taught us how to deal with these kind of people long ago in his talks.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 #126

I think that it is because of little jack aggressions that no new comer has joined this site for quite a long time. I don't have an image to protect so when he attacks me he is attacking himself. And Idiot apparently doesn't sustain an image. It is very unfortunate that an old military man who is trained to kill people is dominating here with his falsehoods. He can't kill people as he is trains to do in wars anymore so he tries to kill new thoughts and new comers in here. But of course he only makes a fool out of himself . Krishnamurti taught us how to deal with these kind of people long ago in his talks.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 #127

idiot ? wrote:
Unless you are convinced that there is only one consciousness for all mankind.

Still wrestling with that are we? You still don't see the simple context within which K was referring to when he said we share one human consciousness. So why do you persist in posting here? You, obviously, are in way over your head. I'm guessing you were terrible at math? Absolutely no apparent aptitude for thinking abstractly. One self displays the same ineptitude. That's why I think you two are one.

Your thinking seems to be limited to the literal and superficial.

Step back. Forget your apparent obsession with your own experiences and see that we all share feelings such as; insecurity, fear, ambition, jealousy, anger, greed and more. Look at the big picture not just your own puny thought track with it's experiences and memory.

The feelings listed above are what makes up consciousness. Everything in consciousness has been put there by thought. Humans basically think the same. I thought we already agreed on that on this forum. We all have the feelings listed and more than I pointed out. When all humanity shares feelings of insecurity, fear of dying, loneliness, jealousy and all the rest that we feel, that is a shared consciousness. One consciousness. os 1209

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 02 Aug 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 #128
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 886 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
For psychological thought to come to an end, which also means for psychological time to come to an end, doesn't there have to be an 'absolute clarity' as to what thought/time is? And how it creates the chaos we live in. How it divides us through the creation of an individual 'me', a 'self'? Does that 'clarity' come about through 'insight'? From outside of thought? Or does thought become aware of itself, of its own movement?...To communicate here, we have to think, to use words, but can we do that and not get lost in them...remember that they, whether Spanish or English, are only symbols?

Hi Dan. Krishnamurti said that when we are absolutely clear that we don't know, thought comes to an end for the moment. Clarity about "not knowing" seems to imply a deep understanding of how thought works. Surely that deep understanding comes about through insight based on careful observation. Would you agree with that? Communicating here does indeed involve thought and using words and surely we have to accept this and not make it into a problem. Can we communicate here without always using past experience and knowledge as the source of what we write?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 #129
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1453 posts in this forum Offline

Sean Hen wrote:
Can we communicate here without always using past experience and knowledge as the source of what we write?

There is an interesting discussion regarding "negative thinking" going on on Clive's forum. 'Negative thought' can't be understood in the usual way or even defined but K. went into it at great length. What I get from it, that is new for me is the suggestion that the mind is enslaved in what he calls "positive thought"....And the 'seeing' of that enslavement is negative thought. Also that the mind can 'think' when freed from 'positive thought'...but it is a different kind of thought. And nothing can be done (in a positive sense?) to bring this about. Interesting and baffling. This from today's QOTD probably refers to it:

K. The mind is cunning and subtle in its self-defence, and it must discern for itself the illusory nature of self-protection. This means that you must think and act completely anew. You must liberate yourself from the net of false values which environment has imposed upon you. There must be utter nakedness. Then there is immortality, reality.

This post was last updated by Dan McDermott Fri, 02 Aug 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 02 Aug 2019 #130
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 689 posts in this forum Offline

Dan McDermott wrote:
For psychological thought to come to an end, which also means for psychological time to come to an end, doesn't there have to be an 'absolute clarity' as to what thought/time is?

In the video that Sean Hen cited at the beginning of this thread, K says that thought stops momentarily when a question is put, when an inquiry is made, and the initial feeling is, "I don't know."

Yes, it is very important to understand thought/time. And not just intellectually, because that understanding IS thought. But to see thought in operation. To watch it functioning. And how it permeates nearly everything.

However the point of this video, isn't it?, is that even without any insight into thought, there is a momentary suspension of thought, when a question is put, and there is the simple and true feeling of "I don't know." That little space when you look into any question, and briefly don't know, is of enormous significance. The self is uncomfortable with not knowing. The self is quick to shove not knowing aside. But not knowing is there. Always. At the beginning of any question honestly asked. Isn't it?

Another interesting angle on this is how K often answers a question with more questions. Asked about thought, he may reply, "Sir, what is thought?" So the invitation is there to go back to not knowing. To go back to the question mark.

And that is the invitation for us, too, we who have listened to K for so long and can quickly jump to the answer, to some known answer that comes from storing away so many K talks and books. Can we look anew? Can we ask freshly? Can we begin from not knowing?

This post was last updated by idiot ? Fri, 02 Aug 2019.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Sun, 04 Aug 2019 #131

"And that is the invitation for us, too, we who have listened to K for so long and can quickly jump to the answer, to some known answer that comes from storing away so many K talks and books. Can we look anew? " Id..

Can I look anew without the old consciousness?

I think it is impossible to look without the old consiousnes active . But to be consious about the old consiousnes I think is the key.. does anyone relate to that other than one-self?:-)

This post was last updated by One Self Sun, 04 Aug 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #132

idiot ? wrote:
Another interesting angle on this is how K often answers a question with more questions. Asked about thought, he may reply, "Sir, what is thought?" So the invitation is there to go back to not knowing. To go back to the question mark.

I think this going right back to the not knowing is indeed very intertesting. There's a certain element in this of looking at things in a very detached way, as if from the outside. There's also an element of exploring and finding out. In a way, this seems in contradiction to saying something is a "wrong question" or a "valid question" as both imply instant judgement but as I've said before, the exploration which comes after the question is the really interesting part.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 06 Aug 2019 #133

Sean Hen wrote:
saying something is a "wrong question" or a "valid question" as both imply instant judgement

I learned a new word: mondegreen. There is an interesting wikipedia article on it.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #134

Sean Hen wrote:

Sean Hen wrote:
In a way, this seems in contradiction to saying something is a "wrong question" or a "valid question" as both imply instant judgement but as I've said before, the exploration which comes after the question is the really interesting part.

Yes it was the interesting part of the video. It was also the relevant part of the video since the question itself was a wrong question. That is why K didn't discuss the question asked until the end when he simply said the basis of thought is memory; experience and knowledge. Why is this even controversial on this site?

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #135

If you notice jack is intent to trash any new discussion posed by me and idiot in this forum. Fortunately there is death waiting with illnesses for evil people. Soon they fade away.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #136

One Self wrote:
Fortunately there is death waiting with illnesses for evil people. Soon they fade away.

To call someone here evil and wish them death is completely inappropriate and in violation of the rules of kinfonet. I also think that quoting someone and changing all the "you"s to "I"s is unfair and extremely disrespectful.

I understand that you've had problems with Jack Pine, as I obviously have. But the answer is not to attack back. K said that he would not return hate with hate. We all have to take that to heart. It is much better to not respond at all than to return violence for violence.

This post was last updated by idiot ? Wed, 07 Aug 2019.

Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #137

idiot ? wrote:
To call someone here evil and wish them death is completely inappropriate and in violation of the rules of kinfonet.

First of all I am not the only one who has noticed evil at work in here. Secondly if it is about the regulations Jack should have been banned long ago for the use of faul languages thirdly I have stated the fact that ill will people die from illnesses sooner. And I don't need to wish anything death does it's work.

This post was last updated by One Self Wed, 07 Aug 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #138

idiot ? wrote:
I also think that quoting someone and changing all the "you"s to "I"s is unfair and extremely disrespectful.

So it is not disrespectful to attack "you"!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #139

Everything I said and say is logical and factual. I have no fear of death or being banned in here. Let's get that sink in. Respectability is a curse as k says.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 07 Aug 2019 #140

It is not a matter of hate . Did krishnamurti hate when he said about the tribe that burned anybody who had an image about himself or others ? No he stated a logical thing. If Jack or anybody else tries to distort one's thinkig he or she gets a corresponding answer. That the action reaction law. Everybody has to be coconcerned with their own thinking and not others. I have stopped answering Jack's rubbish. That is why I send his respond to me back to him with the "I" for "you". The use of the word "you" with the intention of insults must be stopped or nothing new ever happens in here. Was it not krishnamurti who said "you" are the world ,"I" am the world,"I" am "you" Are the same so on. What is the fuss over me doing that!

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 08 Aug 2019 #141

One Self wrote:
If you notice jack is intent to trash any new discussion posed by me and idiot in this forum. Fortunately there is death waiting with illnesses for evil people. Soon they fade away.

That is a terrible thing to write.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Thu, 08 Aug 2019 #142

Death is waiting for everyone including you Sean. Obviously after reading so much Krishnamurti still afraid of the fact of death!
How many times have Krishnamurti said that the ego is evil. If anybody let his ego dominate this site then he is evil too. That is logic. That is sane.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 08 Aug 2019 #143
Thumb_fuzzy6 Ken D United States 47 posts in this forum Offline

You have no idea how you will deal with death until it comes knocking. Until that time, saying one is not frightened of it is the purest fantasy.

"Sow the seed of freedom, which is to awaken intelligence; for with that intelligence you can tackle all the problems of life." Krishnamurti

Thu, 08 Aug 2019 #144

Ken D wrote:
You have no idea how you will deal with death until it comes knocking. Until that time, saying one is not frightened of it is the purest fantasy.

Are we not dealing with death every day (apart from this chatroom)? Is death something that knocks at your or my door in some distant future? Or life and death are together. One cannot exist without the other. So what is it that we are afraid of ? Isn't it life not death, no?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 #145
Thumb_fuzzy6 Ken D United States 47 posts in this forum Offline

Psychological death is not physical death.

"Sow the seed of freedom, which is to awaken intelligence; for with that intelligence you can tackle all the problems of life." Krishnamurti

Fri, 09 Aug 2019 #146

idiot ? wrote:
To call someone here evil and wish them death is completely inappropriate and in violation of the rules of kinfonet. I also think that quoting someone and changing all the "you"s to "I"s is unfair and extremely disrespectful.

"Completely inappropriate", "unfair" and "extremely disrespectful" are good ways to describe such an unfortunate post. Of course, you don't have to have read Krishnamurti to see that. It's just common decency not to treat people in this way.

Fri, 09 Aug 2019 #147

I suggest idiot and Sean and... to keep judgments to themselves . What I said is true ,now get a life. And stop ganging up . I say that again if it is not clear.
The sense of antagonism is the fact in here . Your positive thinking and copying has come to a dead end. Learn from Krishnamurti and stop repeating and asking for respectability in here. You only isolate your own thinking.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 #148

Sean Hen wrote:
One Self wrote:

If you notice jack is intent to trash any new discussion posed by me and idiot in this forum.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 #149

Now that idiot has ganged up with jack I think jack won't attack her\him anymore:)
This forum is all about ganging up against each other! I suggest to readers to directly refer to Krishnamurti and don't listen to any comments in here(including mine).

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 09 Aug 2019 #150

one self:
Fortunately there is death waiting with illnesses for evil people. Soon they fade away.

Sean wrote:
That is a terrible thing to write.

Are you terrified to read it? I doubt it.(I usually don't respond to Sean due to him being confused about K and asking irrelevant questions). K doesn't need questioning unless you are a beginner.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 121 - 150 of 237 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)