Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Oneness of consciousness and intelligent individualism and Dan's question on "Future etc...

This topic is locked.

Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 #1
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5609 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:

It seems clear. It's not my thought or your thought. It's just thought because it is all of our common consciousness.

I thought this QOTD clarifies it a bit more, though it might be useful to explore what is meant by "voluntary and comprehending action" : (bold mine)

What K was saying in the quote of the day seems clear and complete. I don't think I can add anything to that. I would, however, like to make a comment on our (to me) interesting dialogue on the oneness of thought from the other day.

What do we do with the understanding we came to through our discussion?

I woke up this morning looking at this. Not the discussion but what to do with it. It appears that if we internalize this exchange identifying with what we think we now know what happens? It becomes an ideal, something we believe in, something we hold as truth. It becomes part of our memory and by doing this it also becomes part of our conditioning. I don't know how clear this is to others but isn't this how thought conditions?

We learn something we believe is true and then we file it away in our memory. It may have been true at the moment we saw, understood that thought is not yours or mine. Ideals lead to belief. So the next time something comes up about, let's say, we are not individuals and K says well there is a case where there is an individual response etc. We compare this new information with what we already know, with the ideal.

Here's the point I'm trying to make put another way. When we internalize in our memory, for example, something K says which we believe is a truth then we are conditioned by that ideal. We use that knowledge to compare new information to instead of seeing the new information as fresh. Do you see what I mean? This is how we add to our conditioning.

What we discussed the other day about thought should not be held onto. When, or if, it comes up again we rediscover why thought is not unique. Why there is just one consciousness. Everything in consciousness was put there by thought. I don't think about what we talked about the other day. It's gone.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 05 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 #2
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1425 posts in this forum Offline

Did we talk?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 02 Jul 2019 #3

Dan McDermott wrote:
Did we talk?

Yeah, that's funny. But do you see how conditioning happens? I may not have explained it very well. But instead of just accepting that we are conditioned we can see how that conditioning happens all the time.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 #4
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1187 posts in this forum Offline

I am not challenging anyone for writing the truth or false in here like Jack pine does. Everything is idea unless it is lived.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 #5
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1187 posts in this forum Offline

I am not challenging anyone for writing the truth or false in here like Jack pine does. Everything is an idea unless it is lived. And when it is lived there is no need for explanations. That is part of the new consciousness.

This post was last updated by One Self Wed, 03 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 #6

Dan I hope you didn't misconstrue what I was saying. I'm not saying you were doing anything or not doing anything. I was trying to point out how we tend to internalize things and how those memories condition how we see things. For several excellent examples of this I suggest you read the thread, The Future of Humanity, from the top down. See how one poster, in particular, comes to many conclusion and subsequently forms ideals out of what K points out and then uses these ideals to compare to other things that are said by K which they feel are not consistent with their previous ideals.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Wed, 03 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 #7
Thumb_dm Dan McDermott United States 1425 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
Dan I hope you didn't misconstrue what I was saying. I'm not saying you were doing anything or not doing anything.

No not at all. It's a given that we've been educated to build a storehouse of knowledge in order to face the challenges we meet in relationship...to 'protect' ourself but here, collecting and remembering 'insights' is completely the opposite of meeting any new challenge with 'open hands' not with 'old static' insights from the past.... I thought that this is what you meant. (Internet is very sketchy where I live.)

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 03 Jul 2019 #8

You must really live out in the boonies. You've alluded to that before recently. I live in the Rockies half the year. That picture in my avatar was taken from my front deck. Unfortunately, a lot of people are moving to this area. I can still access the mountains by trail just a few minutes up the road. I do a long walk every morning in the forests clad mountains which helps to keep one's sanity in these troubled times. It's my daily "religious" experience.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 05 Jul 2019 #9

One Self wrote:
I am not challenging anyone for writing the truth or false in here like Jack pine does

Are you even aware of how your meaningless attempts at self-aggrandizement is an indication of a very troubled mind? You feel that you have to keep interjecting yourself into conversations with irrelevant posts. Do you do this because no one is responding to your posts? Posts like your unhinged rant about communists and your belief that carbon monoxide (it's actually carbon dioxide) is the climate change culprit. In a way you should be grateful to me for even taking the time to reply to you. No one else does. Except for idiot?, of course. You two obviously have some connection if you aren't, indeed, the same poster.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 05 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 9 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)