Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The Future Of Humanity

Displaying posts 301 - 318 of 318 in total
Fri, 05 Jul 2019 #301
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1271 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
One Self quoted Krishnamurti:

The moment there is a pattern of what I should be, there is no comprehension of what I am.

Below I post the meanings of the word "questioning ". Which one do you refer to ? Can we question the questioner or he is always right?:=)

That's an interesting and appropriate quote, One Self.

I definitely question what K is saying here.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 05 Jul 2019 #302
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1271 posts in this forum Offline

Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.
ques·tion (kw?s?ch?n)
n.
A sentence, phrase, or gesture that seeks information through a reply.
a. A subject or point that is under discussion or open to controversy: the question of whether a new school should be built.
b. A matter of concern or difficulty; a problem: This is not a question of too little money.
a. A proposition brought up for consideration by an assembly.
b. The act of bringing a proposal to vote.
4. Law An issue in dispute for the resolution of a court.
5. Uncertainty; doubt: There is no question about the validity of the enterprise. Her integrity is beyond question.
v. ques·tioned, ques·tion·ing, ques·tions
v.tr.
a. To ask a question or questions of (someone).
b. To interrogate (a suspect, for example). See Synonyms at ask.
2. To pose a question or questions regarding (something); analyze or examine: researchers questioning which of the methods will work.
3. To express doubt about; dispute: questioned his sincerity; questioned the expense report.
v.intr.
To ask questions.
Idioms:
in question
Under consideration or discussion.
out of the question
Not worth considering because of being too difficult or impossible: Starting over is out of the question.
[Middle English, from Old French, legal inquiry, from Latin quaesti?, quaesti?n-, from *quaestus, obsolete past participle of quaerere, to ask, seek

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 05 Jul 2019 #303

I think I understand what idiot means by his example of simply being aware of what one does not change things. A thief is aware that he is a thief and he remains as a thief.
When you drive you have to behave correctly . In the same way when you post things online there has to be certain morals which is not an ideal. It is like you have to have a good pen to write well.(something like that:).

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 06 Jul 2019 #304
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5645 posts in this forum Offline

So idiot?, instead of answering my direct questions about what did you mean by the second post in this thread you are, instead, trying to flood the thread with irrelevant non-sense posts hoping no one will notice. I am giving you a chance to explain your posts and you are replying.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 06 Jul 2019 #305

idiot ? wrote:

So he is aware of his attacks, even as he does them. He will not change because that would be an ideal, a false image rather than what is.

Jack Pine Wrote:

Now why don't you post something in response to what I actually wrote in the above post? Something about how you, we, all, idealized what we believe in. Then when something contradicts that ideal, or at least appears to, we pull it out and compare it to the new facts we are faced with. Who doesn't do that? Starting with the second post on this forum you have done that repeatedly on this thread and on others. Here is your second post:

idiot?: Second post on this thread:
"Now the first word out K's mouth is...
"I"
The second word is...
"thought"
You may not see any irony in that, but I do.
"I thought we were going to talk about the future of man."

Jack Pine:

What you obviously appear to be referring to is that since K used a pronoun, I, and used the word "thought" that he was betraying himself by referring to a center, a self, that he points out doesn't exist. Then K uses the word thought and thought being in the past and conditioned is not the future.

You hold ideals about both of these concepts and then, taking K literally, you compare what you believe (that's what an ideal is, a belief") with what he is saying and you think K is being inconsistent. Isn't that what you were implying. If not what were you trying to imply?

This above example of your second post on this thread is exactly what I'm talking about. And this thread, as well as others, are rife with this kind of thinking.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 06 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 06 Jul 2019 #306

This particular discussion is about 'the future of humanity'. The future of humanity is very gloomy according to what we see in the news every day. Maybe at the time of DB it was not clear what the future of humanity would be but now it is very well known that it is constantly degrading . The positive thinkers disagree but they have no fact to back it up..

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 06 Jul 2019 #307
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1373 posts in this forum Offline

jamie f wrote:
The future of humanity is assured. Resilient and resourceful we will adapt and survive the unfolding catastrophe

I'm not at all sure about that Jamie.

from the previous discussion it is abundantly clear that even among the K. interested parties there is no unequivocal understanding and considering the future is now we should certainly not create a bright spot of hope!

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 06 Jul 2019 #308
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 854 posts in this forum Offline

idiot ? wrote:
Yes. What does "leaving the window open" mean? Have we slammed it shut?

I understand that "leaving the window open" means leaving your mind and heart open. Is it slammed shut? Well, if it is, we have to notice that before anything changes. Do we notice our closed mindedness?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Jul 2019 #309

jamie f wrote:
The future of humanity is assured. Resilient and resourceful we will adapt and survive the unfolding catastrophe although what kind of world we will inhabit in the future is far from certain.

In fact Krishnamurti said something about those riches in the sixties who were building underground structures that could withstand the nuclear radiations for a year or so.
He said who would want to live on an earth that there is no people?
Is it not amazing how Krishnamurti covered every corner of our consciousness ?

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Jul 2019 #310

I am not here to stimulate someone to write something back. I am only here to discover the truth.(The actual truth not the verbal truth.)

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 07 Jul 2019 #311
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1373 posts in this forum Offline

jamie f wrote:
I'm just saying that it ain't over till the fat lady sings, Wim.

Oke

jamie f wrote:
There are some very clever people around and they're not just going to sit around and do nothing over the coming decades and centuries

That sounds to me that I'm not responsible and other very clever people will find a way out. An escape with faith and hope.

the only thing I can do is not contribute to the mess in the world. and if more people were willing to do so, not in word but in deed, that would make a difference alone.

And let's face it, the Truth needs no defenders, nor challengers,
only those who understand.

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 08 Jul 2019 #312

jamie f wrote:
But when you walk around the city, you will see a little patch of green here and there amongst the concrete. All I am saying is that life always finds a way.

I am sorry to say that you are comparing Apple and oranges. Humans are moving away from the nature and becoming more capitalistic minded. We are becoming more and more frightened human beings as k said we are.

Sign in to recommend
Mon, 08 Jul 2019 #313

One Self wrote:
Humans are moving away from the nature and becoming more capitalistic minded. We are becoming more and more frightened human beings as k said we are.

I am not sorry to say the above because it is an irrevocable fact. People are becoming more and more careless and indifferent. Money and wealth has become their God. Humanity has become totally worn out. There is no true value. Only fictitious ones.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 09 Jul 2019 #314

Krishnamurti made his audiences aware of the danger of nationalism and division between nations sixty years ago when there was not even telegraph. He said what he said from his direct experiences with people and places . Here we sit in our room with a glass of coffee or what ever and we think we are big shots. I think we should all be quiet in shame and learn from this great man of history without the "me" in the picture.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 09 Jul 2019 #315

One Self wrote:
...learn from this great man of history without the "me" in the picture.
. So the "me" that is the cause of conflict has to be understood and wiped away. Because the image of the "me" distorts clarity and creates confusion,consciously or unconsiously.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 09 Jul 2019 #316

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Tue, 09 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 09 Jul 2019 #317
Thumb_em3 Ken D United States 39 posts in this forum Offline

The telegraph was patented in 1847 by Samuel Morse.

"Whence should there be joy to a peaceless man?" Bhagavad Gita

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Tue, 09 Jul 2019 #318

Ken D wrote:
The telegraph was patented in 1847 by Samuel Morse.

Okay when there was no email. And no Google for you to type in the question at the convenience of your home.

This post was last updated by One Self Tue, 09 Jul 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 301 - 318 of 318 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)