Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What is passion?


Displaying posts 121 - 146 of 146 in total
Sat, 09 Mar 2019 #121
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

One Self: What makes you say that I put up a mask?

You call yourself One Self. That is a mask, a disguise, a pseudonym.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 09 Mar 2019 #122
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
You call yourself One Self. That is a mask,

You like to argue over insignificant things. How is that? Is it a habit you developed in these krishnamurti sites or what? Can you think of something more important than an avatar? How old are you?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 10 Mar 2019 #123
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

One Self: You like to argue over insignificant things. How is that?

I am not arguing with you. I am asking you a question. There is nothing to argue about. We wear masks and use pseudonyms out of fear, for protection. This is not something insignificant; this goes to the core of what we are in our relationship with one another. Don't you see this?

This post was last updated by Paul Dimmock Sun, 10 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 10 Mar 2019 #124
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 523 posts in this forum Offline

Kimosabe, you 'em are the world. Observer is 'em the observed. That mean, we 'em are the silly people here in kinfonet perpetually bickering? Kimosabe, why you hide 'em behind pseudonym mask?

Tonto, you do realize your name means "stupid idiot" in Spanish, don't you?

Kimosabe, you 'em personal attack?

Hi ho, Silly! Away!

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 10 Mar 2019 #125
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

The important thing is understanding. It is not important what you say or write. When there is understanding every thing falls into it's right place. When there is no understanding (consciously or unconsciously)then words become important and we argue over them endlessly as we have been doing here.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 10 Mar 2019 #126
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 328 posts in this forum Offline

Native American writer Sherman Alexie, who is of Coeur D’Alene descent, has said that kemosabe means “idiot” in Apache. “They were calling each other ‘idiot’ all those years,” he told an interviewer in 1996, a few years after the publication of his story collection The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven. “It’s always going to be an antagonistic relationship between indigenous people and the colonial people,” he added.

On a 1969 episode of The Johnny Carson Show, Carson did a sketch in which he interviewed Jay Silverheels—who portrayed Tonto on the Lone Ranger TV series—in character, for a new job at NBC. “I work 30 years as faithful sidekick for kemosabe,” Silverheels tells Carson in the bit. “Hunt, fish, make food, sew clothes, sweep up, stay awake all night, listen for enemies for kemosabe. Risk life for kemosabe. Thirty lousy years.” When Carson wonders why Tonto’s former employer let him go, the once-faithful sidekick replies, “Him find out what kemosabe mean.”

(By AISHA HARRIS. Thanks to Fred Shapiro, editor of The Yale Book of Quotations, and Dave Wilton from the University of Toronto.)

LOL!!

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Sun, 10 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Mon, 11 Mar 2019 #127
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 523 posts in this forum Offline

Rich Nolet wrote:
...kemosabe means “idiot” in Apache...

Wait a minute! My name means "idiot," too!

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Mon, 11 Mar 2019 #128
Thumb_nolet Rich Nolet Canada 328 posts in this forum Offline

Yeah, still , you have the question mark after your name, which let the door open to a yes or a no...haha!!

A question mark means that we don't know. And without humility, how can we learn anything ?

This post was last updated by Rich Nolet Tue, 12 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Wed, 13 Mar 2019 #129
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Well, this discussion has come to dead end.Thank goodness.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 #130
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

One Self: Well, this discussion has come to dead end.Thank goodness.

That's only because you didn't address the question of why you use a pseudonym. The question remains.

This post was last updated by Paul Dimmock Sat, 16 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 #131
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:

One Self: Well, this discussion has come to dead end.Thank go1odness.

That's only because you didn't address the question of why you use a pseudonym.
The question remains.

is it important that he / she certify to you what he / she does or to see that under whatever name he / she does what he / she is doing ?.

He / she thanks it for him / her unknown n.l. 'goodness' for something that has always been the goal !

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 #132
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam: is it important...?

It may be; it may not be. But until we explore the question we won't know.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 #133
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:

Wim Opdam: is it important...?

It may be; it may not be.
But until we explore the question we won't know.

Paul,
it is not about establishing agreement,
but about establishing within yourself what is really going on.

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Sat, 16 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Sat, 16 Mar 2019 #134
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
That's only because you didn't address the question of why you use a pseudonym. The question remains.

Apparently there is no end to trivial questions.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #135
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam: It is not about establishing agreement, but about establishing within yourself what is really going on.

One Self: Apparently there is no end to trivial questions.

If it is so trivial, why avoid it? Answer and get it over with. Then we can move on. You see, there is fear at the base of this; it is fear that leads us to use pseudonyms and masks even though we may rationalise and justify it in lots of different ways. Fear isn't an abstraction which we can just brush off with an equally abstract response. So it isn't only about establishing what goes on in oneself. It is about our relationship as much as anything else; and when you use a pseudonym, you are hiding. That's all. It is neither good nor bad; it is just the fact of what is going on. Let's explore the fact, which is the fact of fear.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #136
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
It is about our relationship as much as anything else; and when you use a pseudonym, you are hiding. That's all. It is neither good nor bad; it is just the fact of what is going on. Let's explore the fact, which is the fact of fear.

Don't go too fast in brushing it away as if this is the only conclusion possible.

Is "the speaker" or " K " not as well a kind of pseudonym, and not based on fear but has a function ?
So keep an open mind for the possibillity that he/ se want to make something clear with it!

So it stays - as said earlier- important to look at ones own thoughts about the subject. That's the only certainty one will ever establish.

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #137
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam: Is the speaker or K not as well a kind of pseudonym...?

But people knew they were listening to or reading Krishnamurti. He never published a book under a pseudonym except very early on when he was part of the Theosophical Society. So who is One Self? Why is he hiding?

This post was last updated by Paul Dimmock Sun, 17 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #138
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
So who is One Self? Why is he hiding

Oh i can tell you a lot of stories but the only one who can know with absolute certainty is 'one self' him/here-self.

And all what 'one self' is telling us could as well as being a lie as being true
we never know for sure !

So being true to yourself is the only thing one self can do,

and it doesn't really matter under what name you are doing it.

What other selves are doing is their responsibility, not yours.

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Sun, 17 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 2 readers
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #139
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam: What other selves are doing is their responsibility, not yours.

You are missing the point. Some people come here under an alias. I am questioning why they do it; I am not saying it is right or wrong. But in the questioning there is the chance to explore a wider question of identity and relationship. We are all responsible for this.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #140
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
If it is so trivial, why avoid it?

Do you understand your own question?

You are interested in triviality and I am not. There is nothing to avoid. And if you could have moved on you would have by now. This discussion has come to a dead end long ago. Do you realize that?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #141
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
You are missing the point.

Asked your self on what basis you make this to your conclusion,
Isn't this while you are thinking 'I'm right in what I'm doing ?

Paul Dimmock wrote:
I am questioning why they do it; I am not saying it is right or wrong. But in the questioning there is the chance to explore a wider question of identity and relationship.

You may, and yes even you have to questioning this, but by concluding it, you make it to dead material, It's part of live to life with everything, even with people who misuse events for their own goals !

Paul Dimmock wrote:
But in the questioning there is the chance to explore a wider question of identity and relationship. We are all responsible for this.

by accepting the fact that there are people who do not deal seriously with this matter and, moreover, that one cannot or should not be forced to accept one's insight, one act responsible toward the whole of humanity.

Paul Dimmock wrote:
We are all responsible for this.

Seeing this is not an executed actual fact make this into goal, it is not " what is "!

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #142
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

One Self: Do you understand your own question? You are interested in triviality and I am not. There is nothing to avoid.

I don't think it is a trivial question; you are just using that word 'trivial' as an excuse. As I said earlier, there is fear at work when we resort to aliases and pseudonyms because we are afraid to face the world as we actually are. I am not asking you to reveal your own name. I am asking if we can explore this question.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #143
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
As I said earlier, there is fear at work when we resort to aliases and pseudonyms because we are afraid to face the world as we actually are.

You act as if you have never been in internet forums! Do this, put a question in google search then click enter. Then start reading people who had similar questions in different blogs. look at their avatars and names . 80% of them are made up names like abdilolo750 or zizo222 or mike707 and so on.
Now get real and don't turn what most people do with their avatars into fear based actions and that kind of arguments. Do I have to explain these trivial things in here!?

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Sun, 17 Mar 2019 #144
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

They are having some related chats on the other forum (the quiet place) .It is about the division in thought which eventually will destroy man and his environment. I am interested in having parallel discussion with you or anybody who has anything to say about the division(given that person is not a psychopath.). It is up to you.(as usual it is pointless and you will ignore what I say and move on with your old stuff )

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 #145
Thumb_pd Paul Dimmock United Kingdom 210 posts in this forum Offline

One Self: You act as if you have never been in internet forums!
... Now get real and don't turn what most people do with their avatars into fear based actions...

But this is exactly what we are saying: what most people are doing for most of their lives is based on fear. So fear is not an abstract issue. It walks side by side with us in daily life. Therefore, what happens when we act as though we have never been here before? That's the whole point.

This post was last updated by Paul Dimmock Mon, 18 Mar 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Mon, 18 Mar 2019 #146
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1099 posts in this forum Offline

Paul Dimmock wrote:
So fear is not an abstract issue.
Is fear an issue or fear is a problem? Fear is the outcome of thought. As long as there is pursue of pleasure fear tags along. Is one actually free from pleasure or one is caught in pleasure? So one needs to investigate into what pleasure is and how it comes about. Is love pleasure? Why human beings live in pleasure or pain? Is there a way of living which has no fear or pleasure?
I think that people who have read k for many years have never investigated into their own pleasure .

Sign in to recommend
Back to Top
Displaying posts 121 - 146 of 146 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)