Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

What can one learn about one self.

This topic is locked.

Displaying posts 31 - 55 of 55 in total
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #31
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

Is it for us to feel sorry for you and listen to you or what?

It’s for you to envy me, One Self, :)

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #32
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1098 posts in this forum Offline

The picture is not clear . seriously what is it? Is someone on the wheelchair, is that you ? I have nothing against handicaps. We all become handicaps at the end anyhow.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #33
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5517 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
You must know what it means to be a bum. Otherwise it wouldn't come to your hateful mind.

As usual your inability to reason has failed you again. You admitted to being a bum and that doesn't surprise me a bit. As I said yesterday, you are probably institutionalized somewhere in either a mental facility or prison. You're a leach on society because it's obvious you don't work.

You're also a phony. Do you think anyone believes that your passions include writing and composing as you wrote in a post recently? You have to make things up about your life because you obviously don't have one. You can hardly write a sentence on here that is grammatically correct or without a spelling error.

It fact it is you who hates, who is bitter and who has latched onto this forum to spread your poison. How unfortunate for the rest of us.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #34
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1098 posts in this forum Offline

K: If I understood the question rightly, may I put it in my own words, sir, to see that we understand each other? That there is not only individual suffering, each person suffers in different ways, but also there seems to be a universal suffering, a global suffering - children are born deformed, mentally retarded and so on, so on.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #35

Jack Pine wrote:
How unfortunate for the rest of us.

Open your eyes ,nobody responds to you . There is no "rest of us" . Stop fooling yourself.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #36
Thumb_donna_and_jim_fb_bw Tom Paine United States 3155 posts in this forum Offline

The picture is not clear . seriously what is it? Is someone on the wheelchair, is that you ?

It’s just another image One Self....and the image is not the person. And I’ll leave it at that. In this day of the internet I could put up a photo of the pope and claim it was me :)

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #37

if you think that I wrote and made up the above k quote I must be genius to write so clearly and so factually. So in any case jack is wrong and OFF as usual.:-)

This post was last updated by One Self Thu, 21 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #38

Tom Paine wrote:
It’s just another image One Self....and the image is not the person. And I’ll leave it at that. In this day of the internet I could put up a photo of the pope and claim it was me :).

Yes the image is not the person but are you exploiting a handicapped person to get attention online?

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #39

Jack Pine wrote:
You're also a phony. Do you think anyone believes that your passions include writing and composing as you wrote in a post recently?

It seems like you are also going blind. Read my post. I didn't say my passion is writing. Duh

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #40

I worked with the handicapped for many years O.S....but enough said about this issue. It has no bearing on what we are here for.

Let it Be

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #41
Thumb_avatar idiot ? United States 523 posts in this forum Offline

We might want to get back to the two K quotes that Wim Opdam provided at the beginning of this thread. They are great!

They go into how the self is BY NATURE in conflict and self-contradictory. The first K quote also mentions "extraordinary are the moments when the self is not there, in which there is no sense of endeavor, of effort, and which happens when there is love." Which implies that ALL OF US glimpse love, which is freedom from self.

It all points back to the importance of self knowledge, arduously following and understanding the implications of every thought, throughout the day, in every situation and relationship.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #42
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1357 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:

Wim Opdam wrote:

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

I don't know what it is but your slogan makes me sick to look at.
Honestly, the language is retarded.

I'm not surprised that you do not understand it,
maybe your brain is so damaged that it's impossible,
or is there something touched deeply in you
and your self is protecting itself, I do not know!

live with " what is " !

Truth will unfold itself to those who enquire their own actions.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Thu, 21 Feb 2019.

Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #43

idiot ? wrote:
It all points back to the importance of self knowledge, arduously following and understanding the implications of every thought, throughout the day, in every situation and relationship.

Thank you for the suggestion to go back to the start of this topic !

Recently someone came to the idea to call it no longer 'self-knowledge'
but point to it as ' self-knowing ' which is in the action itself.

Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #44

What k says is clear . There is no need for further clarifications. But what wim has wrote as his slogan that we see every single time he posts something needs clarification. He seems to be fascinated by himself. That slogan is his authority. And as long as one is dominated by an authority he can't see or think clearly. That is Krishnamurti 101.

This post was last updated by One Self Thu, 21 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Thu, 21 Feb 2019 #45

Tom Paine wrote:
I worked with the handicapped for many years O.S....but enough said about this issue. It has no bearing on what we are here for.

Now that we know who we are we can send telegrams to each other in here.:-). Anybody else (who is serious) wants to know who we are?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 #46

One Self wrote:
Now that we know who we are we can send telegrams to each other in here.:-). Anybody else (who is serious) wants to know who we are?

it's totally not important to know what we are,
but to know what one self is doing.

Using this forum as a sewer of the free speech
or as a means of not getting bored, killing time,
because ONE have nothing better to do.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 3 readers
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 #47

Wim Opdam wrote:
Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.????

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 #48

One Self wrote:
You must know what it means to be a bum. Otherwise it wouldn't come to your hateful mind.

Another failure of your "reasoning". You're such a complete fool. Yet you fill these threads with your drivel day after day. You can't even spell Dalia Lama correctly yet you criticize others for not being able to write English properly. You picked on a person for which English is his second language. Yet he speaks and spells it much better than you do.

All joking aside, do you want to share with us where you are being incarcerated and for what reason? Maybe if you talk about it to others it won't be so unbearable for you. You may even be able to stop using your complete lack of understanding of K as an escape from the reality of your life.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 22 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 22 Feb 2019 #49

Jack Pine wrote:
One Self wrote:

There is no need to read the troll. What he says is repetition of what he said before. The poor guy has no creativity and has nothing of value to say so I suggest to every one to ignore him when he is hurt and reacts . let him write his repetitive falsehoods for himself. Don't get into his hateful and limited mind.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 #50

One Self wrote:
There is no need to read the troll. What he says is repetition of what he said before.

So you're not going to take this opportunity to unburden yourself and share with us where you are institutionalized? Too bad. It might have been therapeutic.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 23 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 #51

One Self wrote:
Now that you want to tell who you are , tell us what is that picture that is your avatar . there seems to be two people, who are they and why did you put that picture as an avatar . Is it for us to feel sorry for you and listen to you or what?

Why is what some one else uses for an avatar any of your business? You insult someone because you think they are handicapped? Just exactly what kind of ass are you? What is wrong with you?

Have I mentioned before how tiresome your semi-illiterate to illiterate rantings are? You are way over posting which is against rule # 4, I believe. Your "name" and idiotic posts are everywhere and yet almost no one responds to the threads you start. Take a hint and give it a rest for awhile and let others who may have something to say use this forum.

Sat, 23 Feb 2019 #52

Jack , I have stoped reading your delusions. My suggestion to you is mind your own businesses and don't answer for otheres. You just show us who you are and nobody cares anyway.:-)

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 #53

One Self wrote:
Jack , I have stoped reading your delusions. My suggestion to you is mind your own businesses and don't answer for otheres.

No you haven't quit reading my posts. The two sentences above indicate otherwise. You badly misspelled stoped and otheres. It's stopped and others. Have you had an education at all? Those are fairly simple words to spell. I wonder if your poor spelling and grammar indicate something about your over-all mental condition?

You mental condition is your business but when you insist on spreading it all over this forum then it becomes everyone's business. You are single-handedly lowering the quality of this forum

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 23 Feb 2019 #54

Jack Pine wrote:
Jack , I have stoped reading your delusions. My suggestion to you is mind your own businesses and don't answer for otheres.

Yes, keep reading the above so that it sinks in.

Sign in to recommend
Sun, 24 Feb 2019 #55

This article is appears a very clear description about 99% of the replies in this topic. Let everyone examine themselves whether they are guilty of this activity.

Ojai, California | 3rd Talk in the Oak Grove 19th April, 1936

In this world there are so many contradictory opinions, theories, grotesque assertions and emotional claims, that it is difficult to discern what is true, what is really helpful for individual comprehension and fulfilment. These affirmations - some fantastic, some true, some violent, some absurdly confusing - are thrown and shouted at us. Through books, magazines, lecturers, we become their victims. They promise rewards, and at the same time subtly threaten and compel. Gradually we allow ourselves to take sides, to attack and defend. So we accept this or that theory, insist on this or that dogma, and unconsciously the repeated assertions of others become our beliefs, on which we try to mould our whole lives. This is not an exaggeration; it is happening in us and about us. We are constantly being bombarded with claims and oft repeated ideas, and unfortunately we tend to take sides because our own unconscious desire is for comfort and security, emotional or intellectual, which leads us to accept these affirmations. Under such conditions, though we may think that we examine these assertions and intuitively know them to be true, our minds are incapable of examination or of any intuition. Hardly anyone escapes this constant attack through propaganda; and unfortunately, through one's own craving for security and for permanence, one helps to create and encourage fantastic declarations.

Displaying posts 31 - 55 of 55 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)