Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

Can we ask the right question?

Displaying posts 211 - 240 of 367 in total
Thu, 31 Jan 2019 #211
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1053 posts in this forum Offline

Ken D wrote:
Well, at least you and Jack can agree on that. I suppose that's progress.

There is no need for agreement or justification. Facts remain as facts and falsehood remains as false. Nothing can change that.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #212
Thumb_img_0244 Jack Pine United States 5492 posts in this forum Offline

One Self wrote:
There is no need for agreement or justification. Facts remain as facts and falsehood remains as false. Nothing can change that.

Are you familiar with the term, "diarrhea of the mouth"?. You have a really bad case of it. You just can't shut up spouting your crap. So much for any illusion of a quiet mind. And BS? You wouldn't know a fact if it slapped you in the face.

Why do you try so hard to twist what others say just to use it make one of your irrational, irrelevant, mean spirited comments? Try shutting up for awhile and just observe your thought processes, what there is of it, instead of constantly running off at the mouth. OK BS? Just give it a shot.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Fri, 01 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #213
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 One Self United States 1053 posts in this forum Offline

Jack has a twisted mind!

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #214

One Self wrote:
Jack has a twisted mind!

Wow! What a scathing, witty come back. I have another expression for you. "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt". It sounds like something Ben Franklin said but I'm not sure.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #215

I am glad that I was able to expose this jack guy. Actually I don't do anything ,he exposes himself to others. He is probably very skinny and Ill fed guy who his only weapon is words in this site. I apologize for him from everyone for his foul languages. The poor fellow must have lost it.:-)

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #216

All you've exposed is your own glaring ignorance. Are you so deep into your own illusions you can't see yourself for what you really are? Do you ever ask yourself why no one responds to most of the threads you start? Are you even aware of this?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #217

Jack Pine wrote:
Do you ever ask yourself why no one responds to most of the threads you start?

What a pity! I am not desperate like you. I actually don't find any of these regulars to be seriously involved with the teachings. Never mind , you are anti -k so no use talking to you.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #218

One Self wrote:
you are anti -k so no use talking to you.

Can a person be anti K or pro K? What does that mean? You seem to be almost completely delusional living in some weird little world of your own making.

You have so many conclusions and beliefs and almost no facts to base those conclusions and beliefs on. Why do you choose to live like this? Or is it a choice?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #219

Jack Pine wrote:
Can a person be anti K or pro K?

We don't have pro-k (that you think I am) but we surely have a whole lot of anti-k gurus like you.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #220

One Self wrote:
We don't have pro-k (that you think I am) but we surely have a whole lot of anti-k gurus like you.

It's ridiculous to speak of "pro" or "anti" Krishnamurti. You are really deranged aren't you? What you write is, for the most part, pure crap you make up without any basis in fact. Anti K guru? If you have an anti something then it necessarily implies that there is a pro something.

There isn't any meaning to saying pro or anti Krishnamurti. It's just another part of your complete misunderstanding of what Krishnamurti pointed out. Do you have any idea of what an idiot you sound like?

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #221

Jack you are fake and anti -Krishnamurti. You have expressed it in so many freaky way .

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #222

Jack you are fake and anti -Krishnamurti. You have expressed it in so many freaky way .

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #223
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1330 posts in this forum Offline

Jack Pine wrote:
It's ridiculous to speak of "pro" or "anti" Krishnamurti.

No it is better to listen to this video from Rutgers bregman op davos:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/video/2019...

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend  This post has been recommended by 1 reader
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #224
Thumb_001 Sean Hen Spain 774 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam wrote:

What a great video Wim! Thanks for posting it.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #225

Sean Hen wrote:
What a great video Wim! Thanks for posting it

yes, the jetset pointed to their hypocrisy on their own party. talking about global warming and environment but coming with their own private yets.

Please share this real news to as many people as you know,
may be it does something in their minds and actions!

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Fri, 01 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #226

One Self wrote:

And you are an idiot who almost no one on this forum relates to. That's why no one participates in most of the threads you start.

BS, no one cares what you think or cares about your endless ridiculous opinions. And they are based on absolutely no facts.

And how smart to you have to be to delete one of the posts when you double post? Apparently a lot smarter than you.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #227

Wim Opdam wrote:

Yes, I have been following the Davos and other stories in the online news that I regularly read. We, the world, are in a situation where the extremely rich, the oligarchy, of not just the US but of the world is trying very hard to take control of almost every aspect of our lives. And so far, unfortunately, they're doing a pretty good job of it.

In the US just 26 billionaires own as much wealth as the bottom half of the population.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #228

It goes much deeper than describing facts, this is more information from the guy from TEDblog 2017.

"The universal need for basic income. What can be done about poverty? Often, poverty is tackled through a symptomatic approach rather than by treating the underlying cause. For historian Rutger Bregman, the solution to poverty is simple: universal basic income. We should change the context in which poor people live by giving everyone a monthly allowance to pay for basic needs. This idea is more than five hundred years old, first introduced by Thomas More in Utopia and, Bregman says, it’s proven to be successful. In 1974, an experiment in Dauphin, Canada, showed how basic income could allow everyone to not only survive but thrive. According to Bregman, a basic income in the United States would cost $175 billion, just a quarter of the US’s military budget. And universal basic income impacts the future of work itself — it’s a complete rethink of what “work” actually is. Ultimately, Bregman believes in a “future where the value of your work is not determined by the size of your paycheck, but by the amount of happiness you spread and the amount of meaning you give.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #229
Thumb_kr Ken D United States 34 posts in this forum Offline

Wim Opdam wrote:
Ultimately, Bregman believes in a “future where the value of your work is not determined by the size of your paycheck, but by the amount of happiness you spread and the amount of meaning you give.”

And who are the people who are going to "determine" this? Obviously, not the rich or the powerful. So, these sorts of arguments change nothing....individually or institutionally.

"It has occurred to me, brother, that wisdom may not be the end of everything. Goodness and kindliness are, perhaps, beyond wisdom." James Stephens

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #230

Jack Pine wrote:
That's why no one participates in most of the threads you start.

What a pity! I am not desperate like you. I actually don't find any of these regulars to be seriously involved with the teachings. Never mind , you are anti -k so no use talking to you.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #231

Ken D wrote:
And who are the people who are going to "determine" this? Obviously, not the rich or the powerful. So, these sorts of arguments change nothing....individually or institutionally.

Value of our work is now based on our pay-check
and how is the work of K. valued ??

Certainly not by a pay-check !!

This post was last updated by Wim Opdam Fri, 01 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #232

Jack Pine wrote:
That's why no one participates in most of the threads you start.

Do you actually want to know why? I tell you why because 90 percent of my discussions were trashed by your trolls and anti -k writings.

Sign in to recommend
Fri, 01 Feb 2019 #233

Let's go back to the teachings. The question is "can we ask the right question?" . Mr Paul has put that there. I ask those who have not said anything about the topic of this discussion resort to other discussions so that we don't bombard Mr Paul with a lot of emails every day.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #234

Krishnamurti with students at the Thacher School

One should have a bit of skepticism when asking questions. A wrong question will have no answer, but a right question, in its very asking, unfolds the understanding of it. It needs intelligence and sensitivity to ask the right question and to see all that is involved in it and go to the very end of it.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #235

jamie f wrote:
Well said - and it is why some of us have an issue with the original post because if you have a "right" question then it necessarily implies that there is a "wrong" question notwithstanding Paul's rather intricate criteria

Hi everybody. I think the problem is this - who is to decide what a right and wrong question is? Surely this is very subjective. I imagine we all feel that our own questions are "right" while those of others may well be "wrong". Paul did define his own criteria for a right question (as you said Jamie) but it's difficult not to feel that there's an inherent dividing of questions into right and wrong going on when one uses the expression "the right question".

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #236

Ken D wrote:

Universal basic income has actually been implemented in some cities such as Seattle. Richard Nixon nearly implemented it across the USA. You can find out more about this here.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #237

Sean Hen wrote:
Richard Nixon nearly implemented it across the USA. You can find out more about this here.

Surely this can't be correct. I can't play the sound on the link right now because my wife is still sleeping. Richard Nixon was a corrupt, crooked politician who was impeached as president of the United States and forced to resign. He would have gone to jail if the man he picked as vice president had not of pardoned him.

Dick was a Republican which means that in no way was he interested in handing out equality to the masses. The main opposition party in the US, the Democrats, pretend to care about the masses but that care is not reflected very well in the policies that they actually enact.

This post was last updated by Jack Pine Sat, 02 Feb 2019.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #238

One Self wrote:
Do you actually want to know why? I tell you why because 90 percent of my discussions were trashed by your trolls and anti -k writings.

Blaming others for your unfortunate life is a sign of weakness. Ninety nine percent of your posts are just plain junk. Be a man and take responsibility for your life.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #239

Can asking the "right" questions be a group effort or is it something that may happen when one is attentive and has insight into something?

And if you ask a question expecting or trying to find an answer what happens? It seems to me that thought kicks in and you are right back into the same old limited, fragmented realm of knowledge.

Sign in to recommend
Sat, 02 Feb 2019 #240

Sean Hen wrote:
Hi everybody. I think the problem is this - who is to decide what a right and wrong question is? Surely this is very subjective. I imagine we all feel that our own questions are "right" while those of others may well be "wrong".

I think today's quote is a good starting point to address the accuracy of both the question and the answer.

Santiago, Chile | 1st Public Talk 1st September, 1935

Question: Do you really believe everything you say?

Krishnamurti: Now I am telling you what to me is truth, not belief. It is the fruition of my own living. It is not the pursuit of some ideal, which is but imitation. Where there is imitation, there is belief. But if you are fulfilling, which is not to achieve something or to become something, then there is the living reality.

Belief is born of illusion, and reality is free from all illusions. You cannot judge whether I am living what I am saying. I am the only person who can know about that, but you have to discover for yourself whether what I say has any deep significance for you. To judge, you must have a measure, a standard. Now that standard, as it generally happens, is the result of some prejudice or frustration. Please examine what I have to say, for in the very examination you will begin to understand the true significance of living. When there is judgment, there is either condemnation or approval, and this division, this breaking up of thought and emotion does not bring about comprehension

Sign in to recommend
Displaying posts 211 - 240 of 367 in total
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)