Krishnamurti & the Art of Awakening
General Discussion | moderated by Dev Singh

The essential Krishnamurti

Displaying all 10 posts
Page 1 of 1
Mon, 04 Jun 2018 #1
Thumb_profiel Wim Opdam Belgium 1186 posts in this forum Offline

is it possible to capture the entire oeuvre of Krishnamurti in a 99-page book ??

The 5 chapters undeniably represent K.'s words and appear to be a compilation of what he has said on various topics over the years.

But while reading, I get a profound feeling that with these edited fragments the real essence has been lost and even turned into cold and dry knowledge.

knowing that the history and the person is not applicable, it is also strange that this information is lacking, as well as no account being taken of who did this, or can I even imagine it might be compiled with a computer program.

Copy right 2017 is mentioned but it does not state where and none of the official bodies in America, England or India is mentioned.

What am I talking about ?? "The essential Krishnamurti"
a booklet that has been given to me one of these days; isbn number: 978-1-63535-946-6

Does anyone of you know this and do you have the same feeling?
Not that that will change my feeling, but purely out of curiosity.

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 #2
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 534 posts in this forum Online

"You will never find God at sixty, for at that age most people are worn out, finished." Krishnamurti
I am sixty four so we are doomed.?

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 #3

Ken D wrote:
I'd be skeptical.

I was skeptical and certain while reading .

Goodman B wrote:
"You will never find God at sixty, for at that age most people are worn out, finished."

is it vain to establish that being seventy years old not are as most people?

Not that I am looking for God, but can still distinguish whether something is of value or not!

About Meister Eckhart (1260 - 1328)

"Eckhart's mysticism is not so much about unification (in the sense of 'union of what was previously separated) but about unity, or: about what is. And here Eckhart excels in simplicity: we do not have to go anywhere, there is nothing to achieve, because we are already there. And you simply can not achieve what is already there."

Truth will unfold itself for those who enquire their own actions and only to them and for them and to or for no one else.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 #4
Thumb_screenshot_20180710-010635 Myself Only United States 534 posts in this forum Online

Goodman B wrote:
forum
"You will never find God at sixty, for at that age most people are worn out, finished." Krishnamurti

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 #5

We need to read twice and then answer. So that the answer is not insane.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 #6

Krishnamurt uses the word God as truth,reality. Obviously.

Sign in to recommend
Tue, 05 Jun 2018 #7

Goodman B wrote:
Krishnamurt uses the word God as truth,reality. Obviously.

That's not completely true, reality is used with different meanings and one of them is : ' reality is all what one can think about '!

And what one actually can think about is truth or God.
And both are only images of what it is.

See "Truth and actuality" the first three chapters are one dialogue with K. and Bohm. Very clear and compact!

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 06 Jun 2018 #8

The worse thing that we can do is taking the word for the thing . Something that k was sensitive about. The word God or reality or truth is not the thing . The thing(truth) is totally different .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 06 Jun 2018 #9

The worse thing that we can do is taking the word for the thing . Something that k was sensitive about. The word God or reality or truth is not the thing . The thing(truth) is totally different .

Sign in to recommend
Wed, 06 Jun 2018 #10

Goodman B wrote:
The worse thing that we can do is taking the word for the thing

Even worse is using the words as a source for reverberation without understanding that TRUTH is never a thing !

Sign in to recommend
Displaying all 10 posts
Page 1 of 1
To quote a portion of this post in your reply, first select the text and then click this "Quote" link.

(N.B. Be sure to insert an empty line between the quoted text and your reply.)